PDA

View Full Version : Spinnaker Sound Boat Ramp

Briz
02-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Several years since I've used the ramp at Spinnaker Sound (just before the bridge on the left) ... sort of remember that parking was a real issue - might head down there tomorrow and was wondering what to expect ... is it still a problem?
Briz

SNAPPERCOFFIN
02-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Be there real early for a park anything after 7 or 8 you will need to park far away and call a taxi to get back to the ramp. Come over the bridge hard left and down near vmr bribie ramp always room.

Mark

Kleyny
02-08-2008, 07:46 PM
yep great ramp very poor parking.

I have jagged good parke there most of he time but it definately a lottery.

neil

lethal098
02-08-2008, 08:30 PM
definately there early if you want a park, have seen plenty of people parked out off the main road, definately a cut lunch if you have to park out there

Briz
02-08-2008, 08:40 PM
many thanks for the tips ... looks like an early rise if I want a park!

Tassie JR
02-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Hey mate since the weather is 5-10 knots id be getting there around 3 in the morning or you will be on the road, do what mark (snappercoffin) said use the vmr bribie ramp always parking spots there.

cheers tassie JR

lunatic
03-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Yeah, I agree. I use the VMR ramp and always get a park.

You also have to option of getting fish and chips after your trip at the shop there!

Cheers,
Lunatic

CB77
08-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Yes parking is an issue. but it is still one of the best ramps.

Parking wouldnt be as bad if Boaties parked their trailer straight and didnt take up two bays.

Everytime I go there 4 or 5 free bays are taken up because trailers arent parked straight. (if they are smaller I will often lift them out of the way but often they are the bigger dual axles).

Better than scarborough though where cars without trailers take up the trailer bays - this really pisses me off.

The other thing happens at Spinaker is guys park their boat on the sand right next to the ramp and leave it there instead of moving up, this shits me as well.

CB77
08-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Yeah, I agree. I use the VMR ramp and always get a park.

You also have to option of getting fish and chips after your trip at the shop there!

Cheers,
Lunatic

What is the ramp like at low tide? can you get bigger boats in/out here?

dazza
08-08-2008, 02:17 PM
craig,
no worries, i have put the 680 in and out on some decent low tides without any dramas, i think the single ramp near the vmr pontoon is a fair bit longer (don't quote me) than the multi lane on the other side of the shops
cheers
dazza