PDA

View Full Version : Where can i get a small windscreen fabricated

iricangi
01-08-2008, 06:31 PM
I just want say a 1-2ft high perspex windscreen to protect nav equipment from spray on my centre console

I need a small frame + the screen.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5664/windscreendn7.jpg

Don't have 2 much room to play with as i have a "holding" bar on the front and infront of that 2 trolling rod holders.

What sort of materials can i use as the windscreen/frame?

tim2
01-08-2008, 06:58 PM
I will try to get those photos to you tomorrow of my screen, but from the pic above i think the bottom(or lower half) of your screen could be fastened to your grab bar? Stainless pop rivets or screws, and i am thinking of making my new screen from perspex and seeing how it goes?
Some more knowledgeable people will be along soon to tell me the error of my ways, i hope.

iricangi
01-08-2008, 07:01 PM
MM yea 21st is coming up and decided I want my boat cleaned up as a present.

Putting in a new radio, carpet, windscreen, 2 new seats, a few rod holders and hopefully some rails..

Got priced 400$ for material + labor for the 2 metres up t he front of that shot to be welded

to "complete" the rails

:/ Thinking i might get the materials myself from capral and then find a welder as we don't have an aluminum one at work.

Anyone a welder?

t4topcat
01-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Where are you at Iricangi? I'm in Mackay and I might be able to help.

Cheers

Chris

oldboot
02-08-2008, 10:17 AM
If you went with heavier acrilic say 10mm, you might be able to get away without a frame all together and just fasten it with a couple of those block type hand rail clamps..............sort of like an old style motorbike windscreen.

all you would need then is a plastics supplier who will cut to size and polish the edges of the screen

if you are on the south side, modular plastics at slacks creek are friendly and helpfull.

cheers

Blackened
02-08-2008, 04:24 PM
G'day

If in brisbane, Plastic Welded Products at Capalaba... speak with Brennan

Dave

tim2
02-08-2008, 05:32 PM
After actually seeing the front of your console, i realise my idea wouldnt work properly. I dont think it would be too hard though.
Nice to meet you guys, and nice boat.