PDA

View Full Version : Clarence river Grafton fishing tips

gav39
31-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Hi all keen fisho's, heading down to the clarence river (grafton) in 2 weeks, has anyone got any pointers as to where to fish and also it more fresh water or salt around Grafton. Also what species down you get down that way.

Cheers Gav

Gordie
05-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Not too many helpers so far. They are keeping the best spots quiet I would say.

I have had some good info from the tackle shops in the lower end of the river, just do the right thing by them.

I have only fished up the top just below the Gorge where it is lures only and catch & release only. A ton of fun on Bass.

You are going to get more variety down lower but local knowledge is the best and check out the closed seasons also.

Good luck.

boonwalker
05-08-2008, 09:32 PM
try copmanhurst for bass, if you get them on the way up river they are nice and fat and fight hard. They will either be there or not but if they are u wil have a ball.

gav39
06-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Thanks guys, I rang the local tackle shop in grafton and got a fair bit of info regarding closed bass fishing seasons and a few handy spots to go. It looks like i will chasing the flatties instead,which is fine by me. I have my fishing licence already, got it online.

Thanks for your input
Iam heading down 7/08/08 i will post report good or bad.

Cheers Gav