PDA

View Full Version : Big Snapper tops off a insane session on plastics!!!

business class
29-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Hi Guys,

Headed out Sunday morning out off the tweed with the old boy and a mate a bit later then normall as the forcast was ment to be terrible. (they got it wrong again::) ) Sea's were flat at the start but ended up pretty shitty by lunch time and then died off in arvo to a sheet of glass. Current was flowing at about 1.8kts wind s were about 5kts by afternoon. with our new Furuno sounder and gps on board it was making life a whole lot easier with getting the drifts right as there was plenty of fish on the sounder. Wasn't long before the fish on the sounder started showing up in the box;D . The soft plastics were killing it at the start with me and joey having it all over the old boy who stuck with the bait and ended up pulling his weight;) . Ended up being a good arvo with the snapper biting the whole time and what turned out to be the hardest thing was leaving them biting:'( as we got our bag. overall we Lost some preety nice fish but managed to get a few aroung the 4kg and a over, also landeding my PB snapper on plastics which weighed in at 8.2kg, so it blew away the theory that the bigger ones always take bait, Also i can now say they pull like hell when you hook these big ones it was a good fight. I ended up winning the day with the biggest Snapper maybe next time dad might use soft plastics and joey is shattered as it weighed in 300g bigger then his one last week.;D Here are some Photos, hope you like them.

Cheers
Matty

ooglie74
29-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Great catch matty.
Just curious mate you said there where 3 on board yet in your pic you have 30snaps???
The bag limit is 5 per person mate.

Cheers Troy

snasman
29-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Great catch matty.
Just curious mate you said there where 3 on board yet in your pic you have 30snaps???

Cheers Troy
thats for Qld m8, 10 per person in Nsw

Great catch by the way (ya lucky bugger)

business class
29-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Great catch matty.

Cheers Troy

NSW is 10 per person ;D . and cheers snasman it was a awesome day

Cheers
Matty

Liberty
29-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Now that is one heck of a fish!

Congrats.

ooglie74
29-07-2008, 10:57 AM
My bad sorry mate.

Cheers Troy

Liberty
29-07-2008, 10:57 AM
NSW is 10 per person ;D . and cheers snasman it was a awesome day

Cheers
Matty

Jees, if we'd known that, we should have peeled off from Moreton and run down to the Tweed to get the other half!!!

;D

business class
29-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Jees, if we'd known that, we should have peeled off from Moreton and run down to the Tweed to get the other half!!!

;D

Its good hey Liberty, god bless the Tweed;) though i not sure how much longer it will stay 10 especially if all you guys come down our way:P . And yeah the big one was a good fight on 20lb braid and the plastic gear thats for sure.;D And troy no probs mate its a comon question.

Cheers
Matty

jtpython
29-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Good stuff guys............. Now the sort after question what plastics were youse using ?????????????
Champion Knobby for ya PB as well
JT

stinky-stabi
29-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Great catch matty.

Cheers Troy

i was thinking the same

business class
29-07-2008, 11:38 AM
i was thinking the same
NSW is 10 snapper per person. QLD is 5 per person

Cheers
Matty

stinky-stabi
29-07-2008, 11:48 AM
NSW is 10 snapper per person. QLD is 5 per person

Cheers
Matty

no problems m8 i saw that after i posted .....you guys can catch more snapper but we qlders know how to play football alot better...lolololol

tono

business class
29-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Good stuff guys............. Now the sort after question what plastics were youse using ?????????????
Champion Knobby for ya PB as well
JT

Thats a tough ask isn't it;) . We were using all sorts to be honest but what was working the most was 5" and 7" Gulp in lime tiger. but don't even think of asking for the mark JT;) :P .

Cheers
Matty

lethal098
29-07-2008, 12:58 PM
well done that is a stonker of a knobbie, just remember to all those that do want to venture down there a fishing license is required for all rec fishing in nsw. wouldnt want to get caught without it. cheers lethal

business class
29-07-2008, 01:20 PM
well done that is a stonker of a knobbie, just remember to all those that do want to venture down there a fishing license is required for all rec fishing in nsw. wouldnt want to get caught without it. cheers lethal

Thanks Lethal and you are 100% on that one, my mate got pulled up 2 weeks ago as he did have a licence but left it at home and it cost him $240 i think:o the old fisheries are tough down there and they are not forgiving. And Stinky i am a Queenslander i just fish over the boarder so i get the best of both worlds;D :P

Cheers
Matty

BrettyJ
29-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Jeese you must have a big family, or you are doing a re-run of the last supa.LOL

Pistol_P
29-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Top Haul BC....8-)

10 snapper doesnt last long in my family...!....We would have those fillets devoured in quick time.

Tell me....I lived in NSW for many years and fished heaps.....NEVER once saw any inspectors asking for licenses....:-/

Pete

Jackinthebox
29-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Not anymore Pete, they are right on the case now.

I've only been for a run a few times down the tweed since the licence came in and been checked over every time, safety gear too.

Great catch Matty, every time I see a report with your name on it I think, "here we go again, another pile of awesome fish to drool over" Green with envy mate.

cheers,
Mick

Scott nthQld
29-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Thanks Lethal and you are 100% on that one, my mate got pulled up 2 weeks ago as he did have a licence but left it at home and it cost him $240 i think:o the old fisheries are tough down there and they are not forgiving. And Stinky i am a Queenslander i just fish over the boarder so i get the best of both worlds;D :P

Cheers
Matty

So how would you go in a situation where you where pulled up on your way home and questioned over the 30 snaps? I don't know how you'd go with "I caught them in NSW". Not taking the piss, but a legitimate question, how would fisheries treat this situation, given the in possession limit is 5 pp in QLD?

Great catch BTW, and many great feeds to come from that lot.

Dantren
29-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Scott,

You could show an officer the tracks on your gps for the day.......

flickflack
29-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Scott

Recon you would be pulled up for sure, same goes for having a cast net in your possesion in NSW. Its fine in QLD but not alowed in NSW. Guys get pulled up on it every holidays on the Tweed cos they have it in their boat when they go fishing.
PS top catch on the snaps mate!!

Rod

Getout
29-07-2008, 05:27 PM
So how would you go in a situation where you where pulled up on your way home and questioned over the 30 snaps? I don't know how you'd go with "I caught them in NSW". Not taking the piss, but a legitimate question, how would fisheries treat this situation, given the in possession limit is 5 pp in QLD?

I guess the QLD possession limit doesn't change even if you caught them in NSW.

On a similar note, the other weekend I was sweating because I dropped my two deckies off to retrieve the car, and meet me at the ramp (no parking when we left) while I motored further up river to the boat ramp with an esky bulging with fish. I wondered how I would go in an inspection, alone in the boat trying to explain that my two mates caught two-thirds of the fish!!

skipalong
29-07-2008, 05:39 PM
excellent mate good sized bag

Liberty
29-07-2008, 05:49 PM

Ah you see that's *exactly* why you need 500hp on a 26' boat ...

;D

Spaniard_King
29-07-2008, 05:58 PM
I guess the QLD possession limit doesn't change even if you caught them in NSW.

On a similar note, the other weekend I was sweating because I dropped my two deckies off to retrieve the car, and meet me at the ramp (no parking when we left) while I motored further up river to the boat ramp with an esky bulging with fish. I wondered how I would go in an inspection, alone in the boat trying to explain that my two mates caught two-thirds of the fish!!

An Ausfisher got done for the same thing in Mooloolaba recently. They lightened his wallet for him:o

Think your gunna have to camoflage that boat soon Matty;)

GPB
29-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Easy way to stay clean:-/

Limit your catch not catch your limit:thumbsup:

hookinin
29-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Nice catch and great result on 20lb line.
Cheers Gaven

jtpython
29-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Thats a tough ask isn't it;) . We were using all sorts to be honest but what was working the most was 5" and 7" Gulp in lime tiger. but don't even think of asking for the mark JT;) :P .

Cheers
Matty
Mate all good ijust love reading you guys plastics rreports i'm not much into them myself just interested , i have used my fair share but rather the bait just my personal chioce thou
And i'm all the way up here in central Queensland mate so your pionts won't do me much good thou, But i do own a Tweed coast marine Cruise craft
Thanks again mate
JT

Bassmaster1
29-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Excellent work BC, I was having lunch with the gf at regatta seafood on the river and all I could think about was getting outside for a fish.

Well done.

lethal098
30-07-2008, 07:15 AM
never heard of fisheries pulling anyone up with boat on trailer travelling home from the ramp, they will usually pull you at the ramp or on the water as it is up to them to prove you got them in qld waters, pretty hard if you are on the m1 coming home, you could have been anywhere. cheers lethal

Spaniard_King
30-07-2008, 07:17 AM
I agree Lethal, very unlikely

business class
30-07-2008, 10:24 AM

To answer that one i am not sure to be honest, i guess i would be stumped and if they fined me very upset:'( . But we can only fit 3 people in our ute even if we wanted to take more they have to take there own car so that might help us a bit Maybe.;) I hope the fisheries would believe us anyway, but lets just hope it doesn't come down to that i guess!!! but if it does you will see the report of me winging thats for sure;)

Cheers
Matty

business class
30-07-2008, 10:31 AM
An Ausfisher got done for the same thing in Mooloolaba recently. They lightened his wallet for him:o

Think your gunna have to camoflage that boat soon Matty;)

Don't worry gary the boats in the spray shop gettin painted ocean blue ;) . i am already on to you boys:P .

Cheers
Matty

business class
30-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Jeese you must have a big family, or you are doing a re-run of the last supa.LOL

i think maybe the re run i guess lol as 30 snapper devided into 3 families, boys at bait and tackle shop, uncles and unty's and anyone esle who helps us out . So it doesn't go that far when you think about it:-/ . we need to look after the hand that feeds us and also maybe buy the misses some shoes here and there so she don't get shitty with us fishing all the time;) .

Cheers
Matty

halfmanhalffish
30-07-2008, 09:44 PM
No Jews or Jacks this story matty? You losing your touch or were the snaps that thick they beat the others to the bait? Maybe I'll have to sit on point danger and spy on you with these consistent catches. I do have bad eyes but binoculars are a great invention!!! Good stories mate and good fish. Well done