PDA

View Full Version : Meet & Greets

PinHead
28-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Now the R2M has been and gone...any other members want to suggest and organise M&G at any other venues locally.
There are no others in this area between now and Xmas..any takers???

Tangles
28-07-2008, 04:56 PM
If there is interest we could do the Southern Bay M&G again as more a pre-xmas get together. Craigie and Webby have the custody the trophies,

mike

Breambuster33
28-07-2008, 05:17 PM
somewhere around peel, cleveland or viccy point would be nice

sid_fishes
28-07-2008, 06:58 PM
just tell me when and where and im up for it
cheers ian

Mark-P
28-07-2008, 11:42 PM
I'm keen, but i'm not much of an organiser !!

Mark

PinHead
30-07-2008, 03:25 PM
come on now..out of all the members on here, no one other than Mike is prepared to organise a M&G ?????

Jalova
30-07-2008, 05:02 PM
I would be keen to attend if I am not working that weekend.

Cheers.

8-)

Tangles
30-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Like I said happy to do the Southern Bay M&G again, pretty much the same format as last year, bbq at Viccie PT VMR on the Sunday, hopefully they will have us again, Sat - Sun with the bbq on the Sunday morning.

Same boundaries as last year and classes except the addition of best bait to accomodate Craigies efforts last year.

Also make it more of a fundraiser for the VMR as well as RtM showed the way, emphasis will be a M&G

likely dates

Sat 29th 2pm to 11am Nov-Sun 30th ( a bit earlier than last year so as to miss the Dec rush). Also HT on Sunday morning should make it easier at the ramps.

Tides: Sat LT 5.20pm HT 10.36pm Sun LT 4.32 am HT 11.15am

New Moons on Friday 28th Nov

Classes;

1: Best fish over 3kg
2: Best fish 1kg to 3kg
3: Best fish 1kg and below
4: Bait???

Kids
1: Best fish
2: Best Whiting ( legal of course)

If there's interest ill liase with the Viccie Pt VMR and see if we can hold there like last year

Map:

Horse
30-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Mike, it sounds like a goer to me. Hopefully the weather forecast is a bit kinder this year. I am pretty full on at work right now but I am sure I can find the time to help out. Just let me know what you need

Cheers

Neil

webby
31-07-2008, 09:14 AM
Maybe a imaginary mack attack after chrissy

Horse
31-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Maybe a imaginary mack attack after chrissy
Whats a Mack?

I think I heard about them years ago:-/

Do you mean to say people actually caught them in Moreton bay

gunna
01-08-2008, 11:29 AM
I thought that one at Mission Point was good. Maybe another one there when the weather warms a bit more. There are also a few daytime bream around at Caloundra at the moment. And good barby areas. We could do a Saturday there if anyone was interested?

theoldlegend
01-08-2008, 03:29 PM
I wouldn't mind helping with some details and other things if required. I've got a fair bit of time on my hands.

It would be good to meet up with some others, especially on the morning after the night before for a bbq or whatever..

Send me a pm and I'll see what we can do to lend a hand.

The one last year was pretty good.

TOL

thedeckie
01-08-2008, 04:24 PM
TOL,

Nice of you to put your hand up..........Now, do you still have the number for the Breaka Girls???:P

Cheers

Paul

theoldlegend
02-08-2008, 06:23 AM
Pretty sure I could find the phone number somewhere Paul.

We could get them to go on Webby's boat and maybe put him off his game.

TOL

Tailortaker
02-08-2008, 09:32 PM
I thought that one at Mission Point was good. Maybe another one there when the weather warms a bit more. There are also a few daytime bream around at Caloundra at the moment. And good barby areas. We could do a Saturday there if anyone was interested?
I"m with you on the mission point M&G Gunna,,, I'd be up for that again..

PinHead
03-08-2008, 04:39 AM
there ya go fellas...pick a date and get it organised.

mowerman
04-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Moreton Island surf beach.

Friday 8th till 13th

Cant take the tailor sniffin hound though.

Rod.

sid_fishes
04-08-2008, 05:23 PM
just a thought , if we have a few m&g,s happening maybe we should have separate posts so we all see whats happening and where.
mike sounds like a plan i,ll be there . cheers ian

Shnappahead
03-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Hi guys,
I'd be keen to organise an m&g somewhere down the south coast in the next couple of months...PM me or let me know in this thread if you're interested & we can sort something out....I'd love to meet some fellow ausfisers!...and just have fun!
Cheers. :)

kronfeld7
04-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Pinhead im fairly new to all this but would be keen on a meet and greet with fellow ausfishers. i would be willing to help out with details and organising as well. Im a fly fisher by trade but keen to learn this saltwater stuff and wanna get the boat out more often.

Have a few mates that have come out with me but lately they have let me down at the last moment.

Let me know if i can help out with anything

Cheers Rosco