PDA

View Full Version : monduran barra

BARRAkid
28-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Hi i am heading to monduran this weekend and was wondering if anyone has any tips towards getting my first winter barra and what is your favourite monduran barra lure?
I have never caught a monduran barra but have caught sh!tloads of Hervey Bay barra so any info would be great

cheers BK ;)

Steve B
28-07-2008, 02:05 PM
BK,

things have changed a bit in last few days with fresh water coming in and the dam rising. I am going up Wed for a fish. I will let you know what has resulted from the change in water.
Hopefully it will recharge the fishing...but it could work the opposite. I will post on thurs. Others might have some suggestions in the mean time.

cheers steve

STIFFWORM
28-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Hi barrakid ive only caught 1 barra at monduran myself so 4 what its worth i caught it in early june at nite on a surface fizzer. trying 2 organize a trip up there as soon as possible myself so am keen 2 here how both u and steve goGood 2 u both. Cheers

BARRAkid
30-07-2008, 06:47 PM
how did you go steve B and info on your session would be great
Might get lucky and pull a jumping perch on saturday or sunday ;D

Steve B
31-07-2008, 07:46 PM
BK,

Did no good mate. bust saying that, we didn't fish very hard. I was more a social day out with my best men who I haven't seen in many years. Needless to say, there were plenty of yeast burgers consumed.

BUT, the good news is water temp is beginning to rise. it went from 18.1 to 19.4 during the arvo. today was no wind, so it should have risen more. things are pointing to a good weekend. Definately worth the trip!

cheers Steve

BARRAkid
31-07-2008, 09:35 PM
thanks steve i will be heading up saturday morning and fishing the avo/late avo then the next day i am going to give the frogs a test im not expecting any thing spectacular but im just going to see what they look like and if i get a fish ill be even happier

cheers BK ;)

Black Pig
31-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Hi i am heading to monduran this weekend and was wondering if anyone has any tips towards getting my first winter barra and what is your favourite monduran barra lure?
I have never caught a monduran barra but have caught sh!tloads of Hervey Bay barra so any info would be great

cheers BK ;)

Mate, where in the Bay are you getting your Barra.....Lenthals?

BARRAkid
31-07-2008, 10:59 PM
never caught a barra at lenthals :-[ i supose you have to fish for them to get one ::) never even tryed never caught a fish out of any of the weirs either (never tryed) as i say i get my barra at Hervey Bay all different spots.
Stocked a mates dam this in march 2007 with 125 barra we grew up to between 10 - 18cm caught a few out of there around christmas good fun on 4lb only about 45cm ;D
barra barra barra they are my favourite fish to target have caught them in so many sizes around the bay

" seek and you will find"

cheers BK
p.s the 3rd pic is one of the barra i stocked and caught on poppers ;)