PDA

View Full Version : a couple of late photos from 12mile and cal wide.

lido76
27-07-2008, 10:10 PM
I haven't had the chance to write any reports of late but have managed a few trips out from M'ba in the last 4 weeks. I was going to do a blow by blow report but I will just say the fishing has been pretty good for me and my deckies and conditions fantastic allowing me to get my 4.4m side console out to cal wide and into some good snaps and pearlies. The last 3 trips have produced pbs and boat records each trip. Also we have been mucking around with some light gear and plastics and coming up trumps landing 2 snaps 75cm 5.5kg and 72cm 5kg on 14lb braid and 7in chooks in 65-70m of water. Only broken 1 rod so far to a small snap about 50 cm and lost plenty of fish but its good fun esp when you get them in :D . There have been plenty of whales around some a little to close for comfort but they are such graceful creatures you just sit quietly sh###ng yourself :-X and watch as they pass by.
Recent pbs

Brett - Snapp 69cm 4.9kg pb and Boat record
- Pearlie 72cm 4.5kg pb and Boat record

Craig (Work2fish)-Snapp 75cm 5.5kg pb and new boat record (plastic)

Me - Snapp 84cm 7kg pb and current boat record (Bait) (AT LAST)
- Snapp 72cm 5kg Pb plastics
Now my next mission is a Snapp 1m+ and a marlin in my tinnie and I think I might sell the boat (not)
CHEERS GANG ENJOY THE PICS BRENDAN........

lido76
27-07-2008, 10:18 PM
a couple more photos

Benno1
27-07-2008, 10:19 PM
cracker of a pearly Lido...primo pics mate...glad you guys had a good one on the water :D
(Mrs Benno1)

scoota
27-07-2008, 10:41 PM
You've been getting out amongst them more than us Brendan and some quality fish there mate:thumbup:

No size to the pearlies we got this time, better last time.

Scoota...

seapup
28-07-2008, 06:49 AM
Nice work Liddo! Love that big Pearlie!
Cheers,
Benny.

lethal098
28-07-2008, 01:33 PM
some good trips to be had, great pearly well done.

Crisp Bee
28-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Nice fish Lido.
What sort of weight jig head did the damage

keenfishr
28-07-2008, 04:33 PM
cracker of a pearlie mate...woulda been great cheewin. some nice lookin snapss with that lot. seems like a worthy couple of trrips for you and your mates. cheers trav

skipalong
28-07-2008, 05:22 PM
nice catch mate

Tassie JR
28-07-2008, 06:10 PM
nice work mate and some cracker fish top effort.

cheers tassie JR

hookinin
28-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Nice mixed bags and some quality fish, pearlies like that are few and far between.
Cheers Gaven

Wind Dancer
28-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Nice catch on lite gear

work2fish
28-07-2008, 11:25 PM
Well i thought my boat record would last longer then 2 days:'(
But as lido said good fishing of late
I should give him a rap for putting us on the spot but i dont think so;D

All baits have been firing ( not really squid) and sp
Weather has been fair
Im happy moved from 71 cm snapps to 75cm in three weeks
Two nice pb for the season hopefully a few more trips left

ps congrats on the 84cm club

Craig

W2F

lido76
29-07-2008, 08:05 AM
Nice fish Lido.
What sort of weight jig head did the damage
mate we have been using 1oz heads.

jarhead
30-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Thats one stonker of a pearlie, very nice.

Cheers Wal

lido76
31-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the replies guys it just goes to show that you don't need a big flash boat to get out there and enjoy what our close reefs have to offer. Hopefully we get another break in the weather next week so I can get out there and get amongst them again. CHEERS BRENDAN..

Gagga08
31-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Imagine how many offspring those larger fish could have produced....not cool keeping the big breaders mate. Take a pic and return them!

lido76
31-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Gagga I am after a feed for my family we have size limits and bag limits which I abide by at all times I return my fair share of fish back to the water that are well and truely over these limits and I teach my children to do the same. I haven't been made aware of any rule changes that stop you from taking GOOD fish home for a feed. Do I detect a hint of jealousy in your post here? Looking at your avatar that fish is not the first time something that small has been in your hand. Mate we all enjoy fishing and catching fish but there is no harm in taking a couple home for a feed. Everyone is entitled to there opinion and thats fine. But I will have you know that both the pearlie and the big snapper were both males so that puts an end to that little theory you have that all big fish are big breeding females. I'm sure I speak for most users on this site in saying that we all want whats best for fishing in the future and we all do our little bit to help but taking a couple of fish home for a feed is not a crime. I love fishing in the bay with my children but its people like you that will eventually stop this because there are apparently no fish in morton bay, what a load of crap. These fish I caught did not come from Morton Bay they came from offshore however I have seen plenty of photos of bigger Fish that have been taken from the "fished out" bay area. Gagga I don't appreciate your post and I would prefer it if you didn't post on my threads again. CHEERS BRENDAN.....

p.s what a surprise to find when I looked at your profile you are from Victoria no wonder your jealous.

Getout
31-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Do snapper grow to 75cm in Victoria?
I've heard that the ones you catch near the mouth of the Yarra have two heads.:behead:
(sorry couldn't resist)

backlash08
31-07-2008, 10:51 PM
nice pearlie!