PDA

View Full Version : etec 90 pull start

stinky-stabi
27-07-2008, 05:02 PM
just wanted to let you E-TEC guys know that if you ever thought of trying to pull start your motor ...it is a piece of piss...had to try it saturday and wa la first pull...
only problem was that the trim n tilt would not work as there was not enough power in battery(was dead)...so after a hour of ginning about we were outhere..
glad the thing charged up after an hour of motoring out....

tono

Roughasguts
27-07-2008, 08:36 PM
tono, hope you changed you battery, sounds like it's stuffed.

Getout
28-07-2008, 08:32 AM
Do you attach the pullcord to the flywheel? How?

Bonus
28-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Hey there Tonio, How are the bambinos? It sounds as if there is a bit of pulling going on in your boat. We will get out for a fish Russ

stinky-stabi
28-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Hey there Tonio, How are the bambinos? It sounds as if there is a bit of pulling going on in your boat. We will get out for a fish Russ

yes russ we managed to get a few more the sarvy..15 all up after 10 it was only biggns to stay...
was a bloody good day at it...and the beers were ice cold.....
yes russ three master baiters...lolol
take care cya soon
p.s. eatn as i type(fish)

antonio

stinky-stabi
28-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Do you attach the pullcord to the flywheel? How?

just lift out of the way one wrap around the fly wheel and bang its dun...im 68 kilos and as week as piss...
and i did it in one pull...

antonio

Lancair
28-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Antonio means lift the fairing away from the flywheel, there's a rope grove around the flywheel and a notch in the flywheel to put a knot in the end of the rope. Just like an old style lawn mower or other small engine that had rope start.

Glad to know its easy Antonio, Im yet to try it.

Andrew

Getout
29-07-2008, 07:58 AM
I've had a look on my 175e-tec for such a groove/notch. Don't think its there.

stinky-stabi
29-07-2008, 11:28 AM
I've had a look on my 175e-tec for such a groove/notch. Don't think its there.

maybe not . i dont think i could pull start a 175 any way .lol

Getout
29-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Maybe I can just put a couple of turns of anchor rope around the prop and get one of my deckies to give that a yank.:whip:

stinky-stabi
29-07-2008, 12:19 PM
getout
sounds like plan.lololol

madman1
29-07-2008, 01:02 PM
I had a flat bettery out at the Hards about 18 months ago when the good old Etec wouldn't kick over.

There was just enough grunt in the battery to allow a half of a revolution on the flywheel so with my finger tips I forced it around and hey presto she fired up straight away.

Needless to say we headed straight back to civilisation for a dual battery setup.

Cheers

Mark

Getout
29-07-2008, 01:06 PM
I wonder if a ratchet socket wrench on the flywheel nut would work on mine?
I'm gonna give it a go on the muffs. (scared of a two flat batteries 40 miles out)

stinky-stabi
29-07-2008, 01:38 PM
I wonder if a ratchet socket wrench on the flywheel nut would work on mine?
I'm gonna give it a go on the muffs. (scared of a two flat batteries 40 miles out)

yeah but just watch out ...as if she fires you will have bloody big socket wrench traveling at high speed..lol; so be cautiuos
p.s. dont be scared it only wrecks ya day
tono