PDA

View Full Version : Lamont Pinnacles.

polky
27-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Howdy Fellas, Went to Lamont last saturday, not much happen so ventured over to the Pinnacles. Landed 6 reds biggest 67cm smallest 57, also 3 trout and 11 sweetlip. We left ramp 730 am back in 9.00pm, good weather and a good haul of fish. Sorry no pics mates camera dropped on boat ramp and now don,t wanna work. Polky.

jtpython
27-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Good stuff Polky
I had some pionts for there the caves at Lamonts is that close to where ya' s are
Not that i'll get there only on the Hook ups Comp will i be able to
But once again tiop stuff mate i can't wait till i can get back into fishing weather again
JT
JT

Benno1
27-07-2008, 05:16 PM
nice one Polky...shame about the camera mate...next time eh :D
we loved our trip out there...we will definately be going back...this weekend is looking good *fingers crossed*
(Mrs Benno1)

Hebb
27-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Least ya got a few polky, gotta love them redfish. Got bugger all in close, i fished 12 mile and shoals for nothing. V sea went well and the yammie used bugger all juice
Did you take your rig out or steves?
Darren

kitty_cat
28-07-2008, 08:58 AM
sounds like a good trip graham only a couple off months before we can join yous for a fish up that way

polky
31-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Yep kitty-cat 1770 not that far away either, Darren Me and Kimey took my rig out, used 78 ltrs of fuel love them suzies. Bruce was telling me you and your Dad had a ordinary day out. Tempted to head out Saturday arvo for a overnighter, man there big tides with a lot of run in the water. Polky.

warti
31-07-2008, 06:17 PM
It has been a while since i have posted and i apoligize, i also have been too lazy for photos.I am thinking a saturday arvo run is in order as well. Been fishing the bustard/wides area lately for good trout,sweeties and hussar. Took a mate out a couple of weeks ago for a quick wreck trip and got a 15 kilo cobe and a 75cm snapper, got busted off a few times and bitten off aswell by bloody barracuda. Both caught on live yakkas. I was thinking of going out near heron where i cleaned up at the hookup (similar size tide). Just have to wait for fridays weather report.

mangomick
02-08-2008, 05:22 AM
G'Day Polky
Shame about the camera mate. Is that the frying pan pinnacles you are talking about over near Wistari?
Thought you might have picked up some nice Cobia around Lamont this time of the year

polky
04-08-2008, 09:04 PM
mangomick, no mate these pinnicales are on the western side of lamont, I,ll put the map in the plotter inthe next day or two and give you the mark. Polky. I have been to the pins and done ordinary also.

mangomick
05-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Thanks Mate. Dont know if they'll do me any good though. Went out to the shoals today and Mrs caught 9 and I got 1. :'( At present ,I'm still devastated.
I should have gone out wider but I stuffed around fishing all the wrecks on way out for zip. Heap of undersize slatey bream everywhere.