PDA

View Full Version : duckboards

goldfish
27-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Hi all. I have a 230 sea ray sundancer & want to add a duckboard extension on it. However am having trouble finding someone that has heard of them let alone to do it. I have seen them on other boats. I would rather glass or plastic but if I can't find one I may look at stainless & timber.
cheers
rick

Roughasguts
27-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Rick duck boards are great, got one each side on me Signature.

One side is wasted with an in built burley bucket (I store me footwear in it) and a fish finder tranducer under neath.
And the other side has a S/S folding ladder, and bait tank pick up pump, and another fish finder tranducer under neath.

But they came with the boat, maybe contact Searay see what they have to suit your hull.

bobbyb
27-07-2008, 04:16 PM
hi goldfish.
here,s a pic of one i built on my boat.

Reel Nauti
27-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Are they what some call 'Marlin' boards? I've always referred to them as 'Duckboards' but notice over the years it's not a common term. If it's been replaced by 'Marlin' board, perhaps they might then know what you're after.

Just a git of a guess.

Dave

Roughasguts
27-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Bobby's got a Marlin board or swim platform if you prefer.

Duck boards are two steps just large enough to put both feet on each side of your motor.

goldfish
27-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Thank you guys.
I will start my research again with "marlin board" as that is what i'm after. a extencion across the stern of the boat that I can stand on, fish, swim ect. I have always refered to them as duckboards thought that iswhat they were called.

bobbyb yours looks great but the other 1/2 wants it to look like its origanal.