PDA

View Full Version : Whats the ultimate?

Tropicaltrout
26-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Well with the latest Jackpotting lotto at 50 million:o we were all saying what we would do with it, what we would buy and were we would live. So like me we are all fishing mad and I am sure like me you all would have fishing being a main topic of expenditure. A house on a dam like Monduran or Awoonga, Tinaroo,Faust etc. A world tour catching all the mighty fish of the world, a trip through the Top End of Australia.

What would you do with a big winnings we all know about the setting the family up etc but what Fishing experiance would make you most happy.

I would buy a little Farm near Mondy for my wife and kids to experiance and have bloody horses, A new Cruiser and Boat and do a Kimbery trip aswell as a New Britan Black Bass trip, then my main event would be to do a docco fishing all with my family.

Anyhow have a bit of fun with this one its good to dream so they say:-/

Cheers Nath

Whitto
26-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Gee's Nath...Yah haven't left a lot to work with.....Let me see I reckon I would finance a Bi-annial Fishing Comp....1 in Winter and the other in the Summer months over a 3 day weekend...commencing with a Get together at the Gin Gin Hotel on the Friday night......Now for the sweetner....A Missile of Mass Destruction(Your choise of Make and Colour) & a suitable towing vehicle,1 Yr supple of fuel + $10000.00 ...Yep that should create a bit of interest....These comps will be limited to 100 competitors first in first served with no entry fee......All accomodation and meals catered for...you basically walk in walk out..........If only, I think I've die and gone to heaven or some where else.......Now what will I do for the rest of the year.........AAAaaaaWWwww Im sure I could think of something.....Someone tell Im dreaming......Ok back to the Pool Room......Whitto

tunaticer
26-07-2008, 04:10 PM
I would buy Shoalwater Bay off the military and build a little cottage and a big boat shed on the water.
Either that or i would buy the company i work for and donate 99% of my time to earning a living to keep me from getting bored and not losing my love for fishing. I could not think of anything worse than overdoing fishing and losing the love for it.

Jack.

TimiBoy
26-07-2008, 04:23 PM
50 mil?

A house in oh, maybe Port Douglas; big, air conditioned, with a helipad. This is home base.

A house in Provencale (in France).

A house in the Adelaide Hills. Probably grow some grapes there.

A house in Brisbane, with pontoon of course.

A new say 60 foot sportfisher, not sure of brand yet...

I wouldn't buy a chopper, leasing would be fine.

A lot of tissues to give you poor bastards to wipe your eyes when I win it!!!;D;D;D

Cheers,

Tim

BR65
26-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Gee's Nath...Yah haven't left a lot to work with.....Let me see I reckon I would finance a Bi-annial Fishing Comp....1 in Winter and the other in the Summer months over a 3 day weekend...commencing with a Get together at the Gin Gin Hotel on the Friday night......Now for the sweetner....A Missile of Mass Destruction(Your choise of Make and Colour) & a suitable towing vehicle,1 Yr supple of fuel + $10000.00 ...Yep that should create a bit of interest....These comps will be limited to 100 competitors first in first served with no entry fee......All accomodation and meals catered for...you basically walk in walk out..........If only, I think I've die and gone to heaven or some where else.......Now what will I do for the rest of the year.........AAAaaaaWWwww Im sure I could think of something.....Someone tell Im dreaming......Ok back to the Pool Room......Whitto

Whitto, just on the off chance ya jag the lotto mate, Im officially registering for the comp now ;D

Benno1
26-07-2008, 05:15 PM
50 mil...ok here goes...

Id buy Quoin Island off whoever just bought it and deck that baby out too the hilt...build a "shack" on the headland for me and mine...redo the old resort there for mates to come over...fishing weekend or stay for a week...they'd have clear run of the whole island...pontoons galore...dive boat or 2...fishing charters in hubbys new 40 foot KevlaCat...for those who dont have a boat...plenty of space for those who do...id also want a shmicky weather station...not that ive really thought about it tho :D

danryan75
26-07-2008, 07:04 PM
50m mil at 8.25% per annum?? i know what i would do with it.

Awoonga
26-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Thats Easy ...$40mill to help find a cure for Parkinson,s Disease.... The rest can go to the old girl and the kids...l dont want to go anywhere else or buy a bigger boat Happy to fish Awoonga for the rest of my days...

banshee
26-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Win 50 mill?Wouldn't waste any of it on fishing,in fact the only thing I realy need is a new bum..........my old ones got a crack in it.

Tropicaltrout
27-07-2008, 08:28 AM
Whitto, just on the off chance ya jag the lotto mate, Im officially registering for the comp now ;D

I am registering aswell.

Banshee don't fix it you will back fill;D ;D ;D Good to see Trev mention a charity yes I would put a few bob into the Kidney Foundation I would say.

Cheers Nath

nipsta
27-07-2008, 09:38 AM
i would have to say i would buy my drean acerage property at gin gin somewhere near the dam and would put little holiday huts on it so all you travelling fisho had somewhere cheap to stay in a cabin rather then teting all the time and i would buy my self a new boat for sure but most of all i would set my family up so i didnt have to worry for them if anything ever happened to me oh yeah i would get my back fixed properly so i dont feel then pain in there anymore
dreams arent they nice ;D

blackjack
27-07-2008, 10:31 AM
oh it's so difficult.....50 mill

i'd buy a place somewhere north in qld on the coast where it's warm all year around, nothing too flash coz i'd be uncomfortable trying to be posh

it'd be great if you could hose down the walls and floors to get rid of the dirt, sand and dust, nice clean lines with not too much clutter, plenty of light and a big comfy verandah - or a housekeeper to do it for us. there'd be a really good blokes shed with pool table and pinball machine, all the toys needed

lots of fruit trees too and a view of water

i'd take suggestions from people who know, i'd like the place to be near a river mouth opening to the ocean, with nearby sandy beaches that have waves for bodysurfing, a fresh water or brackish lake would be nice, upstream i'd like rapids and clear pools amongst the rocks, some white water rafting would be appreciated too. islands would wink at me from not too far off the shoreline

that'd be my base, then,

i'd like a top round australia set up - tinny, bike, small 4wd, internet, winnebago-type thing so i can see as much of this great country as possible and meet all the characters i'd like to meet

i'd be able to afford to charter boats or yachts wherever i felt like it

i'd fish, swim, snowski, snorkel, boat and walk all around the country, interior and coastal regions

i'd like to spend some time with a genuine living indigenous community and learn from them about their dreamtime and how they fish and hunt etc.

my girls could meet up with us (blackjack and me) at various places

i'd have good fresh healthy food everyday, washed down with quality wines including champagne and beers, especially for the old boy

i wouldn't be too extravagant, and a $5000 per month mastercard should cover day to days...

money would be made available to pay for a decent school building for a particularly impoverished community in Kenya i have tried to help in the past, with on-going support - that is not forgetting our own impoverished right here in Oz

what? wake up!!! oh don't tell me i'm only dreamin'

"tell her she's dreamin' will ya"

thanks for the opportunity to think about it

blackjen

p.s. anyone can let me know if a place like i described exists in sunny qld. thanks.

Little grey men
28-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Id live somewhere nice and warm close to a beach with palms trees and nice clear water. Thats enough about the boring old where to live thing....now for the fishing !!!!
I'd have a Skeeter set up for my bass spin gear and hardodied lures...I'd also have a Skeeter setup for my bass soft plastics.....I'd also need a Skeeter setup for my bass poppers.....I should really get a Skeeter for my spinnerbaits too.
And one for my bass baitcasters.

My next Skeeter would be setup for barra spingear...another Skeeter setup for my barra baitcasters...that would do for those because I wouldn't want to go over board.
hmmmm, gunna need a pretty big shed for these Skeeters !

Thinking about it, it could be a pain if I wanted to switch to soft plastics halfway through a session.....Hang on, I've got it sorted. I would employ people to follow me around in the various Skeeters and to keep a good distance away. When I felt like a change I'd radio them to bring the other Skeeter over. Yep that'll work.

Oh Oh, I'd also have a beer Skeeter which would have a really big esky on board and a Slurpie machine and BBQ for my boy, which would follow us on every trip.
Do you think this is too much ?
I'd have to get one more Skeeter, to do Pizza runs if I ever felt like one whilst fishing.

I'd be more than happy to start with that !!!
Do you reckon they'd give me a Skeeter cap ?

And my wife says I'm not good with money.....HA !!!

2manylures
28-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Get my bent pinky straightened without having to worry about claiming any rebates or monies outstanding.

It'd make winding baitcasters & tying knots a little more comfortable.

Cammy
28-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Hmmm our family Plays this game alot. So i must be good at it:)

I no you said list the fishing stuff but family are a big part of my life.
I would give 10mil to my grandparents who have helped us majorly and they need to be Thanked. 5 mil to my sister, 10 mil to my mum. I would only get out a set amount and i would store the rest to gain intrest and stuff.

Definatly give alot to the WSPA -World Society for the Protection of Animals.

I would get a house somwhere nice next to the water and near a dam, would get my own dam built a nice big one that you cant cast to the otherside and you could have a tinny, stock it with some natives Bass,yellas,Sleepy cod etc

I probs wouldnt buy the best fishing gear around, just get what i need for my fishing and a stack of plastics!!

Would buy car, Nice Maloo or Crewman and have a 4x4 for the weekends and stuff

Boat for shore Just a tinny though dont want somthing too big.

Buy a house dedicated to Australian Native and Exotic fish and have Huge display Tanks and stimulate Natural Enviroment - Mangroves,Sand etc

Yer thats pretty much it.

Cam

Jeremy87
29-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Thats Easy ...$40mill to help find a cure for Parkinson,s Disease.... The rest can go to the old girl and the kids...l dont want to go anywhere else or buy a bigger boat Happy to fish Awoonga for the rest of my days...

You must be the happiest guy in the world, wouldn't change a thing hey.

Me on the other hand could think of quite a few thing to do with 50 mil. First thing I'd do is take up the services of a good financial consultant. The 50 mil goes in for a year and i don't touch it, probably carry on as usual finish my degree etc and then after a year whatever has accumulated is what is open slather. I reakon my first little project would be to do a tour of Aus (well start from brisbane and head anti clockwise until it gets boring) and film it so it's not just a holiday but a job aswell. I'd make it a proper outdoors show, not just fishing but hunting, camping, 4x4, bushwalking etc. A show like that filmed well would probably do quite well in both Australia and the states

The arsenal would be
-2 kitted out land cruisers, one towing a skeeter for dam and estuary and the other towing a kevlacat for offshore. Canoes on the roof of both.
-1 hilux tray back towing a trailer for all the gear and as a hunting vehicle
-Entourage would probably be my old man and close fishing mates aswell as a 2-3 man professional film crew
-Fishing gear would be nothing but top shelf daiwa and shimano tackle. Lures whatever I want, that would be fun in itself setting up a lurecasting and bluewater sportfishing boat with whatever you feel like.

I reakon that would have an inital set up cost of about $800k and have a yearly running cost of about $500k-$1mil. Easily doable on the $50 million investment portfolio, sh!t you'd have change left over. After the intial tour I'd continue the show on a smaller scale. Set up a few charter operations, say a barra lodge in the NT and a gamefishing boat of Cairns. The rest of the time i'd spend running a charity organisation probably with a conservation orientated approach (buying land, funding research etc), the whole time limiting myself to the earnings from the investment portfolio and depositing whatever was left over back into the fund.

TimiBoy
29-07-2008, 09:28 PM
You must be the happiest guy in the world, wouldn't change a thing hey.

Me on the other hand could think of quite a few thing to do with 50 mil. First thing I'd do is take up the services of a good financial consultant. The 50 mil goes in for a year and i don't touch it, probably carry on as usual finish my degree etc and then after a year whatever has accumulated is what is open slather. I reakon my first little project would be to do a tour of Aus (well start from brisbane and head anti clockwise until it gets boring) and film it so it's not just a holiday but a job aswell. I'd make it a proper outdoors show, not just fishing but hunting, camping, 4x4, bushwalking etc. A show like that filmed well would probably do quite well in both Australia and the states

The arsenal would be
-2 kitted out land cruisers, one towing a skeeter for dam and estuary and the other towing a kevlacat for offshore. Canoes on the roof of both.
-1 hilux tray back towing a trailer for all the gear and as a hunting vehicle
-Entourage would probably be my old man and close fishing mates aswell as a 2-3 man professional film crew
-Fishing gear would be nothing but top shelf daiwa and shimano tackle. Lures whatever I want, that would be fun in itself setting up a lurecasting and bluewater sportfishing boat with whatever you feel like.

I reakon that would have an inital set up cost of about $800k and have a yearly running cost of about $500k-$1mil. Easily doable on the $50 million investment portfolio, sh!t you'd have change left over. After the intial tour I'd continue the show on a smaller scale. Set up a few charter operations, say a barra lodge in the NT and a gamefishing boat of Cairns. The rest of the time i'd spend running a charity organisation probably with a conservation orientated approach (buying land, funding research etc), the whole time limiting myself to the earnings from the investment portfolio and depositing whatever was left over back into the fund.

Damn I'd be too busy writing my name in the snow in the Alps for anything like that...

Don't eat yellow snow!!!

Tim

Jeremy87
30-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Damn I'd be too busy writing my name in the snow in the Alps for anything like that...

Don't eat yellow snow!!!

Tim

Don't like your idea, sounds too cold