PDA

View Full Version : Valley of Lagoons

Taipan
25-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Ok, heading up to the Valley of Lagoons on the 8th of August on the bikes. Planning on taking a rod. Anyone fished this area that could offer advice. I'll be packing a few small poppers and a few small diving lures.
I'll also try and pack a few operah pots on the bike somewhere for Redclaw.

Really I'm just after a little advice chasing Nth Qld freshies.

riffraff
26-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Mate that is Gods country,fished there for sooties a while ago now though .
Sooties,spangled perch,and eel tail catties,take some small hard body lures&some of those little celta spinners,we had 4inch spangle perch trying to eat lures as big as themselves,the sooties would attack anything you threw at em.
The water we fished was only shallow,2m would be the deepest,not saying there isn't deeper holes there but we only fished the shallower areas.Sooties we got weren't monsters 1kg probably the biggest,and and exception rather then the norm.
cheers

Taipan
26-07-2008, 10:54 AM
awesome, thanks for that riffraff

Haji-Baba
26-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Hi! Tiapan

Where you cross over the Burdekin on a little wooden bridge try down stream for sooties.

Try for sleepy cod as well, great eating and will take most fresh bait.
Any lure will catch sooties and they are great fun.

I used to always take a bucket of garden worms from home and during a long trip never ran out of bait. They actually bred in the bucket if well fed and watered and kept comfortable for temperature.

Which way are you going in?

Do a check on that as well.

10 years since I was there but it will still be the same I think.

Have Fun Haji-Baba

Taipan
26-07-2008, 08:37 PM
We'll be heading in through Ingham. Won't be able to take much in as we will heading out there on bikes. So pretty much it will be lures only. May try and take a small tub of worms but I'll have to see how I am with room.

Fishin_Dan
27-07-2008, 06:50 AM
That's why you need a 4WD with ya ;)

Taipan
27-07-2008, 06:49 PM
haha, only need a 4wd to carry our booze...and maybe some spare fuel.