PDA

View Full Version : New Blades

ffejsmada
25-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Check out these new blades.

The body is made from Lexon, transparent, they weigh 7grams and are 45mm long. Kitted up with owner hooks I think as well!

Pictured with a TT switchblade on top, Evergreen Little Max in the middle and the Koolabung x-ray prawn on the bottom.

Cheers Jeff.

2manylures
25-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Seems every man & his dog are getting in on the act with these things.

They've actually been around since the very early 70's & were originally made by the Silver lure company in the US. Only two colours I think back then.

NAGG
25-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Me thinks it might make a good bass lure :P I like it !

Thanks for posting

Nagg

ffejsmada
25-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Yep, everything goes full circle.
I'm waiting for the Wonder Wobbler to be the "ducks nuts" again!!;D

Maybe they have been around since the seventies, I'm sure they've improved them a bit since then.
Like everything else, things can only improve.
It's called technology.

2manylures
25-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Yep, everything goes full circle.
I'm waiting for the Wonder Wobbler to be the "ducks nuts" again!!;D

Maybe they have been around since the seventies, I'm sure they've improved them a bit since then.
Like everything else, things can only improve.
It's called technology.

All pretty similar except maybe the eyes & patterns.
Don't know if there's much you can do with something so simple apart from making it a little more complex.

RE Wonder Wobblers, nothing would surprise me.
You'd only need a personality to document a 1/2 decent fish on one & have it published.

TonyM
25-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Thanks Jeff, looks very interesting.

Out of those 3 I've only tried the littleMax and they sure are an addictive lure to use. Great tight action and they get results. Will be keen to try a few others in the future.

Nice looking lure - it's cool to see space age technology being applied to old designs, the results can be amazing (just look at our rods and reels nowadays)

I understand that there is nothing new under the sun and with lures it's amazing how many have come and gone over the last century.

It's a bit like the wheel I suppose, no need to re-invent it but gee don't nicely polished alloy wheels look much nicer than the old wooden spoke model, and certainly works better than the original stone model!

Cheers
Tony