PDA

View Full Version : Tallabudgera Creek

leeroy1
24-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck chasing bass in the upper reaches of Tallebudgera or Currumbin Creeks?:)

rc@hinze
25-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Hi Leeroy1, I dont know how far up you mean but I have fished talle creek once up in the valley and was rewarded with a nice 40cm bass in the half hour I had to spare. Caught it on a popper in very shallow water. They are there alright but remember its currently closed season on these bass- cheers Richard

leeroy1
26-07-2008, 08:52 AM
Thanks rc@hinze for the reply. We are lookkng at some spots up in the valley ready for spring.

gunna
26-07-2008, 12:16 PM
A couple years back we had a member regularly posting pics of Tally bass.

The Searlo Brothers
21-02-2009, 06:42 PM
yeah i have caught plenty of bass on lure up there and most of them were over 40 cm i also caught a nice tarpon up their

big schlong
06-04-2009, 09:04 PM
gday mate, ive fished the tally for the last 15 years and yes there are or were plenty of bass in there , i havnt fished it for about a year though now , one thing i can tell you about it though is i went to lyons park one day which is where i use to get them and these old slayers were there with a keeper net in the water i asked them to have a look and they had 8 bass one was legal and the rest were under size , i said something to them and it turned into a punch on , so rang the dpi as soon as i got home and they got totally pumped , not only did they have the fish they had a fire going in total fire band , was good to see , from what i can remember they got about a 5k fine , but yeah there was fish in there but when people take them like that they dont last long , i used to be able to go there and pull 4-6 fish on dark on walkers , biggest out of there was 56cm that was from the dam wall up a bit further , iv got 2 mates that back onto the dam and trust me , there is some monster fish in there , it use to be an old eeling farm , the bigeest eel iv seem in there was about 13 foot , it was the biggest thing i have ever seen !!!but they are there still i think , if people havnt totally destroyed them , good luck ...jase