PDA

View Full Version : Believe it or not I should go fishing more often

The BeaR
23-07-2008, 11:52 PM
Working too much can send you nuts so the boss said it was time to pack up and take a week’s holiday before she or I went insane, so of course we went fishing, a combination of some salt water and fresh water. The first half of the holiday we spent fishing and catching up with good friends, Frank OO and John Meiers, with a day at Monduran to finish off the ultimate break. .
The first fishing trip was last Sunday with Frank and Ben. We had a great day chasing and catching cobia with everyone getting at least 2 cobes each and losing more than we would have liked, but that’s fishing. We managed to go out again on Friday but the conditions were yet to be desired and only a few Snapper were caught, but again, that’s fishing. We would like to say a big thanks to Frank for the two great days fishing, the great company and for his and Sheila’s hospitality while we were there.
Even though Tuesday turned out wet it certainly didn’t put a dampener on going fishing with good mate John chasing and catching Snapper. Rain never stops keen fishermen. Both of us caught enough good snapper to keep us happy, and our thanks also go to John and Diane for their company Tuesday evening, it was most enjoyable.
After getting home Friday night it was decided that as there was still a couple of days before the boss was going to let me start working again, a trip to Monduran was in order. Deb booked us in for Sunday and Monday night.
Monday morning we got to the boat ramp around 10:00am, ‘cause the fish don’t get up before then at this time of year. This suited us fine; after all, we were on holiday. Had the first fish to the boat by 11:30am followed by two more of equal size by 4:00pm. All the action came from the shallow bays with water temps at 20-20.8 deg.
Tuesday morning came, and after being overcast and drizzly all night with quite a chill in the air, it was agreed that it was time to go home and it hasn’t stopped raining since, but all in all it was definitely a relaxing break.
Eric&Deb

Whitto
24-07-2008, 07:20 AM
Thanks Eric and Deb for the report.....I see the usual suspects lure wise are still doing well at Mondy...well done.......Got to recharge the batterys from time to time....will be heading to Monduran early September can't wait to try the spin 4 Barra...I know it will be more than capable.......Thanks again for the report....Cheers Whitto

Peter4
24-07-2008, 07:55 AM
Some nice pics Eric & Deb......

Five weeks and I'll be giving my new BeaR S10H a run at Mondy. Can't wait....

BTW has Eric had a haircut??

Regs

Pete

themissus
24-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Cheers for the report Eric and Deb,
Any time spent at mondy beats working.
Just not enough long weekends or holidays in the year to stop the shakes/hot sweats.
Cheers Kim.

themissus
24-07-2008, 01:41 PM
yep nice hair cut!!:) :)

eotbmg
24-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Nice effort there Eric.
Thanks for a great day out last Sunday, and its good to see you are looking respectable again!!!
Back to work, now. Will be up there next month and i will be in touch.
Great to see ya got amongst them
Cheers
Ben

Big_Ren
24-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Nice work Eric and Deb

Don't ya just hate being ordered by the boss to go fishing;)

Cheers and great report/pics again.

Paul

STIFFWORM
24-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks 4 the report and great photos.Got 2 get back up the dam sooner than latter.Will have 2 move my next trip foward. cheers.

Cammy
24-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Awsome fish there mate, woulda given you a run for ya money eh lol

Cam

The BeaR
25-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies. It's been a while since I have had a chance to get on the chatboards but definitely great to read some of the reports lately. Yes it certainly feels lighter with a haircut, I can see where I'm casting now.LOL.

Ben...It was good to catch up with you again and get out on the water for a fish. We might catch up with you on the lake when you come up next month.

Eric&Deb..