PDA

View Full Version : Weekend family trip to Lamont Reef

Benno1
22-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Headed out Friday arvo with the Mrs and kids for an overnight trip to Lamont. Got a few nice fish (3 nice trout between 45-50cm in less than 10 mins). Got a 60cm Barramundi Cod at 3.00 in the morning, and sent him back alive and healthy, and with a nice feed of fresh pilchard in his belly. Kids were blessed with several pods of humpbacks cruising past during the day, also many playful dolphins added to the fun. Was fantastic weather for the weekend, and plenty of boats around. A great time was had by all.8-)

coraltrout68
22-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Nice one.

Whats the secret to an overnighter with kids and not going mad!!

Benno1
22-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Thanks....

The kids just love being out in the boat and are usually out to it by 8.30-9.00pm which leaves us free to catch a few...

cheers
Benno

reel scream
23-07-2008, 12:55 AM
Nice fish and well done on doing the family thing. Can't wait until mine are a bit older and able to head outside.

Cheers Scott.

lizard bribie
23-07-2008, 04:42 AM
NICE FISH BENNO CONGRATES CHEERS lizard bribie

mangomick
23-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Nice haul mate
Did you anchor up in Fitzroy overnight or just anchor up near Lamont
Friday and Saturday looked great. I found it really hard being at work with the tears in my eyes:'(

Gazza.Boyne
23-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Nice feed there Dave, the kids look pretty happy with those fish.

I would have loved getting out wide on the weekend, but there's plenty more opportunities.

Cheers
Gazza

jtpython
23-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Got to love the family time mate
I always take the bbq too makes for prestine time and the quality with the family mate is always a bonus
Nice feed to boot
Cheers JT

Benno1
23-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Mango...we put the pick out at Lamont...nice night out...little breeze...rocked us all to sleep :D...i hit the swag early but Dave fished on...caught that big barra cod (extremely pretty fish imo)
Gazza...yeah we cant wait(but will need to)...weather gods look cranky atm :(
JTPython...thats the way we look at it to mate...we love being out on the water with the kids...catching a decent feed is always a bonus that we appreciate :D
Cheers Lizard Bribie :D
(Mrs Benno1)

hookinin
24-07-2008, 06:39 AM
Kids would have been stoked dolphins, whales and fish i know mine don't care what they catch its just a bonus being on the water. Good trip Benno1 & Mrs Benno1
Cheers Gaven

MarkDiver
24-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Nice lippa. Suggest putting the bragmat out next time so we can see actual size :) Don't think the photos do justice?
Hope to join your family on a trip soon
The Smiths

Benno1
24-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Cheers for the comment Hookinin...our kids (specially the daughter) love seeing the wildlife...none of which has failed to dissapoint...if it wasnt the whales it was a pod of dolphins...or a curious seasnake paying us a visit...as well as the many different species of fish we haul on board.
Hiya Mark :D...we are looking forward catching up...hitting Pancake Creek...or going for a dive :D
Mr and Mrs Benno1

polky
27-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Well done Benno, good to hear the youngins love fishing, thats a pretty good looking sweetie. We went to the pinnicales of lamont Saturday back in boyne 9.00pm. Polky.

Benno1
27-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Thanks mate...that sweety hubby caught on our way back in...we stopped in at Masthead for a drop or 10...pulled that one in as well as bout a dozen palm sized sweetlip (excellent to see i recon)...also pulled in a red emp...juuuuuuust under legal size...hubby was heart broken :(
Kids love being out in the boat...specially when its one of those ultra calm fish filled exciting days (dont we all)