PDA

View Full Version : Searching For A Savage 28 Flybridge Sportfisher

BM
22-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a Savage 28 flybridge sportfisher (they look just like a Bertram 28). Twin V8, shaft drive.

Does anyone know of any in run down condition? I'm looking for one that needs restoring. I am watching all the normal channels regularly but there is usually someone out there somewhere who knows of one kicking around.

John Savage (son of Jack) tells me they made plenty of them and most ended up in QLD or NSW.

Might also consider a Savage Lancer 26 flybridge also.

Cheers

chop duster
22-07-2008, 08:54 PM
BM,
pretty sure there is one (run-down) sitting in the yorkeys knob (cairns) dry storage yard. Been there for years, many a people have tried to contact the owner to see if he will sell, to no avail. Someone else from round here might be able to chime in and provide more information or another side to its story.
Actually come to think of it, i think it might have been a 24, sorry.

Good luck with your search!

BM
22-07-2008, 09:04 PM
I might consider a 24 chop. Thanks for the info. Whats the name of the yard so I can look them up?

Cheers

chop duster
22-07-2008, 09:11 PM
the yard is run by

http://marina.yorkeysknob.com/boatclub.html

worth a go i suppose, not sure how far the trail will lead you tho

Blackened
23-07-2008, 06:11 PM
G'day Nick

Can you post pics of one of these hulls that you're chasing.

Reason being, I drove past a residence today with a big lump of boat sitting in the corner of the yard, looks pretty close to what you're after.

This is in Ormiston on the south side of brisbane

Dave

BM
23-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Here you go Dave. One of these:

Blackened
23-07-2008, 06:27 PM
G'day

Thanks nick, that super structure sure is very centralized, i'll drop by 2morrow and take a few pics for you and endevor to chat with the owners.

Dave

BM
23-07-2008, 06:34 PM
the yard is run by

http://marina.yorkeysknob.com/boatclub.html

worth a go i suppose, not sure how far the trail will lead you tho

Thanks Chop.

Have sent an email. Do you have any further info to make identification easier for the marina? On a trailer? Colourings?

Cheers

chop duster
23-07-2008, 09:31 PM
BM,
its not a very big yard, so anyone with half a brain will know which boat your talking about. Will be out that way on the weekend. I shall take some photo's for you, and ask some relatives what the go is with it.

BM
23-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I figured there had to be at least a few kicking around sitting idle.

There was one in Sydney not long ago without engines and the drive gear was shot but I let it go over the price essentially. Probably should have grabbed it but hey, such is life.

Cheers

BM
24-07-2008, 11:12 AM
The Yorkies Knob boat sold a couple of months ago. It was a 26.

Cheers

chop duster
24-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Well i'll be!
have had our boat out of the water for a few months so haven't been down there to check if it was still there.
Sorry about the bump steer. Did they mention how much it went for?

BM
24-07-2008, 04:15 PM
He was a bit vague but he thought it was 5 or 10K. Said it was pretty rough. Only sold in the last 3-4 months apparently after the owner was told to get rid of it by the marina.

Cheers