PDA

View Full Version : Formosa Boats

Mrs Ronnie H
22-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Hi all
I know there has been a thread already but I need to ask again-:-[ -- Who has a Formosa and does anyone have a Runabout.
We are looking at 5.2 Runabout with 90hp Suzuki 4 stroke.

My Brother has a Centre Console and it is a dream so wondering if the handling and stability would be as good in a runabout. ???

Ronnie

levinge
22-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Ronnie I am pretty sure the hull design is the same throughout the range of Formosa boats. Mine is a 5.8m Centre Cab and is one the most stable platforms I have ever fished from. I don't think you could go wrong with a Formosa, definite value for money

Mrs Ronnie H
23-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Hi
Thanks for the reply. I know the hull design is the same but I was just curious if being centre console or runabout would affect the stability or handling in any way.

This boat has been on the books for quite a few months now and I am thinking long and hard what I want on it. At this stage I have decided bait tank in right transom, dual batteries, underfloor storage, no back seat, ladder, canopy, side curtains and will get them to make full matching cover for back as well, 90 hp suzuki of course, Furuno Sounder and Navman GPS, vhf radio, switch panel with at least 8-12 outlets, cigarette lighter plug in dash, ---- Thats it at present.

I love these boats and you are right-- value for money, stability and handling. I have not heard a bad report from anyone owning one and if my brothers is anything to go buy he made a good choice. He has centre console and trip to barwon all nighter was tops. I slept to one side of the console on the floor and it was quite comfy????

I would still be interested to hear if any one has a runabout just out of curiousity.

Ronnie