PDA

View Full Version : Bribie M@G- Snapper.

reel scream
21-07-2008, 10:13 PM
G'day all- Fished Sat/Sun in the Bribie M@G.

Left Bribie at 0300 with Grant (Tailortaker) and headed for Cal 12mile. Have never fished it before so had a bit of a search around for a while. Eventually found a nice little bump witha bit of life on it. Pulled a 6.5kg snap and Grant got a couple of smaller models.

After sun up it went quiet so we made our way out to Caloundra wide- never fished there either except for a quick sounder test a week ago. Couldn't find much of interest. Had a couple of drifts with nil result so headed south checking on some marks on the way. All crap.

Was time to get serious as the other lads didn't have much but i knew they were off to a certain cobe spot.

Headed to my pearlie mark and managed to relatively quickly get our bag of only average pearls- better than a kick up the arse though. The pressure was slowly coming off.

Dielema- Brennans or further south. The day before Brennans was the plan but for some reason chose south and it payed off. First stop between 3pm and 5 saw another 6.5 kg snap to me and a nice gold spot to Grant. Couple smaller snps and mosses.

Went quiet so moved a couple of mile further south for the night. Grant scored a 6.5 kg snap and we both added some smaller models. Grant had just come off night shift so opted for bed at 2030 while i stayed up having a couple and added a spangle 6.6kg, grassie and a couple of others. Plenty of good legal squire put back. Had a bloody nice fish sharked and dropped a couple of nice fish due to pulled hooks on large whole mullet.

Got the shite scared out of me when my line took off and as i tried to slow it down a bloody whale leapt out of the water about 15m from me. Needless to say i didn't land him.

All up covered 68nm for 150ltrs. Ended up with our bag of pearlies, bag of snaps and a few moses and sweetlip.

All in all a great trip with great weather and company. Thanks to all who fished and came to the BBQ.

Cheers Scott

reel scream
21-07-2008, 10:15 PM
oh the boat at the bottom left is tassie/tassie jnr's new Fisher.

hookinin
21-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Nice quality fish Scott seems they were on the chew up and down the coast and it sure makes things easy when you can travel around in great conditions lookin for them.
Cheers Gaven

wags on the water
22-07-2008, 01:40 AM
Sounds like you guys had a top trip with some good fish mixed in with it. Well done.

Cheers,
Wags

lethal098
22-07-2008, 06:52 AM
sounds like a damn good trip and a great feed to boot, well done

dayoo
22-07-2008, 07:17 AM
Looks like you had a great trip Scott, nice pics.

Cheers
Barry

Frank OO
22-07-2008, 08:28 AM
For a guy that isn't good at posting, you did a great job. Even the photos are top class. Well done Scott.

Frank OO

Tailortaker
22-07-2008, 08:34 AM
Thanks For the trip out Scott, I had a great time. The weather was great, the fishing was great and the beers went down a treat, even the one cracked straight up at 3.05am......
Cheers Mate,
Grant

Col_s
22-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Well done Scotty and Grant .......we managed a feed of Snappery squire and a bit of other mixed but had to work for it.
Sorry I didn't catch up Sunday but got home from footy in Brissy too late....Talk to you soon.

Cheers Col

Benno1
22-07-2008, 09:39 AM
is that a gold spot wrasse in pic4???...what are they like to eat???...quality pics of quality fish...niiiiiice :D
(Mrs Benno1)

therapy
22-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Nice to see your efforts rewarded Scott and Grant. A pity I couldn't make it up for this one but will be looking out for the next m & g and now I have the right mobile no. I'll give you a call next time we launch from Bribie and hopefully catch up for a fish/yak.
Cheers.......Terry.....

reel scream
22-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Hello mrs Benno1- Yes a gold spot and nice chewing. Great white flesh.

Cheers Scott

Skusto
22-07-2008, 03:39 PM
hi reel scream great catch well deserved alot of time on water congrat ,bevan

ooglie74
22-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Gee that guy holding the snapper looks a bit ordinary.lol
Not alot of beers left in the esky there scott,Must have been thirsty.
Good catch mate,pity I was working oh well.

Cheers Troy

Tassie JR
22-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Thanks scott for organising a great trip out shame the fish didnt want to play the game for us but we still got a feed, should had went and found use earlier on but theres always next time. you sure picked a good weekend for the m@g as the weather was perfect. And this sat night is looking half decent on seabreaze it drops right out on sat afternoon.

cheers dan

lizard bribie
22-07-2008, 05:20 PM
hi scott great pics @report cheers lizard bribie

Pistol_P
22-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Top fish...Top photos and top report.

Well done.

Pete

Vindicator
22-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Some good fish there Scotty, well done. Looks like the windscreen is still holding up ok, no more cracks I presume?

Cheers
Kezza

Fishbait
22-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Scott - if I turn you down again, come around and wring my neck - I am kicking myself for not coming now - what a great weekend you guys had and what a great bag of fish - would love to come next time - FOR SURE !!!!!!!!!! Great report mate, catch up soon. Cheers, Darren.

keenfishr
22-07-2008, 09:40 PM
some quality fish scott. well done, looks like the weather was crackiiing!!

2DKnBJ
22-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Hey Scott

First off a big thanks for letting me tag along for the early part of the day.Even though we didn't end up with any keepers it was a great learning experience.No doubt you will see me out there a bit more often.Kicking myself now i didn't follow you up to your pearlie mark.
Will have to organise another trip out soon.

Cheers Dazza.

PS. What channel was that !!!!

Liberty
22-07-2008, 11:25 PM
Now I know where all the darn fish went! Congrats.

Nigel

reel scream
23-07-2008, 12:46 AM
No more cracks Kezza, we only had a short go with the plastics and Grants aim was a bit better.

Will organise a trip soon Darren.

Glass from the minute we got behind moreton keenfishr.

Channel 21 Dazza.

Cheers Scott.

REELWORK
23-07-2008, 06:51 AM
Sounds like a pretty good trip to me. Keep up the good work and good write up to. Reelwork

Mrs Ronnie H
23-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Hi Scotty
BRAGGA??????????????????????????????

Nice to catch up with you guys and they were bloody nice fish.

Well done

Ronnie

cptpott
24-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Hi Scotty,
Sorry I didn't make, will next time.
No today 'though LOL. Be nice if some of this rain got in the dams!

Cheers

Craig

Shagga
24-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Well done boys. Looks like a great session and good report and pics.

backlash08
25-07-2008, 05:52 PM
nice going guys, thanks for the report, well done - cheers - Craig

reel scream
27-07-2008, 12:50 AM
7th/8th.........8th/9th.......????

I'm doing (weather perrmitting)

Anyone interested??

supa29
27-07-2008, 11:43 AM
hey scott sounds like you had a good time, how did you go on the marks i gave you any luck. im heading out to cal wide next weekend weather permitting so i will give you a call on radio 21 flying fish. nice snapps and i is unlike you not to land that whale on a hand line, mate hand lining went out back when moses played half back. good haul mate mite see you on the water next weekend give you a call keep your rod pumping mate.

Tassie JR
27-07-2008, 12:12 PM
hey scott dad broght a new vhf today so hopefully this one will be good.

cheers Dan

reel scream
27-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Cheers Kel. Didn't end up fishing those marks. Had a sniff around and found a nice show. Only a couple up off caloundra rest were caught south. Let me know how you go.

Cheers Scott