PDA

View Full Version : Kevlarcat 3000?

kingfish101
21-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has any comments/reviews/anything on the kevlarcat 3000? Like is it stable? how much? any thing's appreciated. Tim

rat_catcher
21-07-2008, 08:29 PM
I don't own one and I have never been on one.....but geez that is one boat I wish I owned!!!! ;D

finding_time
21-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Huge boat in the water and imense out of it on the trailer! It's an 8m boat but 9.2m overall and you need an oversize permit and big tow vehicle to pull it! As far as stability and ride go , what 8m boat comes close?

Ian

http://www.modernboating.com.au/boat_tests/boat_tests/1/384/Kevlacat-3000-Series

Finnatical
22-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Tim,

I have spent a small amount of time on a 3000 and cannot speak highly enough of it. It really blew my hair back and is on the top of my list when it comes time to upgrade.

The 3000 is a very big boat. My 2400 could literally fit inside and there would still be room to run around. In fact it actually makes the 2400 seem like a dinghy in comparison. To me they are perfect sized boat as you get a bigger boat ride without having to go to a larger flybridge type of game boat.

The one I spent time on had 250 Suzuki's and the thing was an absolute rocket. It cruised at 30kts at 4000rpm and topped out at 47kts (both readings from the Furuno GPS). It was typically very stable like most cats and didn't seem to 'walk' anywhere nearly as much as the smaller cats. The owner said it used about 0.8l per klm at cruise speed which is pretty good.

As you can see it really impressed me and I now just need to rob a bank to afford one!

Cheers,

julian1
22-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Tim,

I have spent a small amount of time on a 3000 and cannot speak highly enough of it. It really blew my hair back and is on the top of my list when it comes time to upgrade.

The 3000 is a very big boat. My 2400 could literally fit inside and there would still be room to run around. In fact it actually makes the 2400 seem like a dinghy in comparison. To me they are perfect sized boat as you get a bigger boat ride without having to go to a larger flybridge type of game boat.

The one I spent time on had 250 Suzuki's and the thing was an absolute rocket. It cruised at 30kts at 4000rpm and topped out at 47kts (both readings from the Furuno GPS). It was typically very stable like most cats and didn't seem to 'walk' anywhere nearly as much as the smaller cats. The owner said it used about 0.8l per klm at cruise speed which is pretty good.

As you can see it really impressed me and I now just need to rob a bank to afford one!

Cheers,

0.8ltr per km at cruise speed ::) i think this would be per engine and at around or less than 20 knots !!!

Outsider1
22-07-2008, 05:31 PM
0.8ltr per km at cruise speed ::) i think this would be per engine and at around or less than 20 knots !!!

A friend has a 30' Noosacat with twin 250 suzies. It cruises at 27/28 knots depending on tide and wind at around 4,000/4100 rpms using 70/75 litres an hour.

That works out at 1.5 litres per km combined, so 0.8litres per engine sounds about right at cruise for the Kevlacat.

Cheers

Dave

Finnatical
22-07-2008, 06:00 PM
My mistake, I meant to say 0.8klm per litre combined so I am told. You never know until you are paying to put the stuff in so I take any fuel consumption with a pinch of salt. My 2400 does 1.2klm per litre so it sounds about right from the couple of owners that I have spoken to.

sticks2400
22-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Hey Tim, I Own a 3000 Kevlacat powered by twin 250s Suzuki’s it is in my mind the best boat of that size on the market today, it is a very stable boat and it is an amazing ride in all sea conditions that can only be demonstrated in a demo to be believed. We get out to the grounds faster then any other fishing boat and the fuel usage is amazing for the size of the boat. As for pricing on the boat it depends on how u option it up I advise u speak to the kevlacat dealer at springwood marine Rafe he really does know his boats well and can customize a kevlacat to suit your needs. There is an article on a 3000 kevlacat that just got realised in the June/July 2008 Australian Power Boat with a full water test.

legless
22-07-2008, 11:55 PM
The Kevy 3000 , only one thing to say about it.. the ducks guts , the bees knees. the numero uno,wham bam thank you man,bing badda boom,bad mother fuka.... Hang on thats more than one thing, but hey you can't help that when you talking about magic!

rat_catcher
24-07-2008, 08:38 PM
The Kevy 3000 , only one thing to say about it.. the ducks guts , the bees knees. the numero uno,wham bam thank you man,bing badda boom,bad mother fuka.... Hang on thats more than one thing, but hey you can't help that when you talking about magic!
This post is an absolute cracker! ;D