PDA

View Full Version : First Time Offshore(In Our Boat) Must Read!

djdamo
21-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Went offshore for the first time on Saturday the 19th, great weather. Dad and I went out with two of his mates from work, (different boats). Got up at 3am and we left from Moreton Bay Trailer Boat Club ramp at about 4. We went about 6 Nm out and started fishing, found this bit of a reel on the sounder and starting drifting, pulled up about 3 snapper 2 where legal, on the ice they went;D .

We motored back up to the reef and started another drift, this time only got 2 more snapper, 1 was under size and one got away :P , pulling it into the boat with no net and the hook fell out :( , o well :P .

We motored around a bit more and stopped a bit further up in about 62m of water and got 2 more snappers one 45 cm and my PB was 51cm ;D so far... hope to get bigger and better ones:) . and also got a 35cm Ludrick PB again (Black Bream) (if i spelt it right)

After all that our main motor died :o so we had to get home from 6NM offshore then from the Brissy bar to Moreton Bay with a 15Hp on a 5.06M half-cabin Glass, doing about 6-7knots most of the time I was asleep in the cabin while dad motored home, we finally got to the boat ramp at 3pm with 5 fish and a bad motor;D8-) .

Please Reply :D

iricangi
21-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Nice catch and good to hear u got home safely

How old was the motor, or was it a freak mechanical problem?

djdamo
21-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Also some Pics from a charter Dad and i went out on at Rainbow beach near Tincan Bay

First two are from the whole group and the rest are ours. And a random flathead.

djdamo
21-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Its a 20 year old 90hp Johnson 2 stroke its always been great up to this day so i dont realy know whats wrong with it. Dads getting it looked at soon so hope it turns out good.

cheers
Damo

Tassie JR
21-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Hey damo, looks like u had a great first exsperience offshore and i hope there is many more fun trips for u and ur dad. And sorry to hear about ur moter im sure use will be back on the water in no time. And how good was the weather it only improved as the sun went down. Also there is alot of nice fish ur dad got from up at rainbow.

cheers tassie JR

djdamo
21-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Yea thanks mate it was a weird but good time but o well :P

and those fish up at Rainbow the biggest snapper was about 65cm and the biggest nannygai was 50ish so yea

and the weather got better as the day went on as you said it was smooth as..... when we where leaving heheeh :P

cheers
Damo

lethal098
21-07-2008, 09:11 PM
well done damo hope it doesnt put a dampener on your offshore experience and hopefully you will be back out there soon enough, dont hear of too many aux motors these days, cheers lethal

No Fear
21-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Great first trip.....good to hear you landed a few......must have got some good initial marks to start off with or u have a reasonable sounder to get a few on the first trip around moreton....

Little bit of a concern about the motor I must say!!!! As lethal098 says u don't hear of many aux motors these days...... Just have to count ya lucky stars the weather didn't turn nasty!!!!

Hope it all gets sorted and ya back on the water in no time!!!!

Mr__Bean
22-07-2008, 03:19 AM
Good report Damo, keep them coming......

- Darren

TimiBoy
22-07-2008, 05:26 AM
Wow! I wish my first trip had 4 snapper attached! Look out folks, this guy's on the money!;D;D;D

Good on you, see you out there,

Cheers,

Tim

Benno1
22-07-2008, 09:26 AM
where you using sp's???...cut bait???...congrats on the feed...gotta be happy with that...sucks about the motor tho...hope your old man gets it fixed quick smart...thanks for the report and piccies :D
(Mrs Benno1)

djdamo
22-07-2008, 03:26 PM
yea thanks guys hope i do get back out soon good times ;]

and about the bait well... im not telling :p nah we where using squid and pillys.

cheers

damo