PDA

View Full Version : undersize livebait

RAT-KING
21-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Hey guys how do you all feel about using under size fish as live bait??? I have known people who use them:o keep them alive and let them go once the session is over and how do the fisheries feel about this???
Cheers Simon

breamnut
21-07-2008, 07:49 PM
if the fisheries caught u they wont take any mercy u will still geta fine straight away but most fish down care what they eat, eg someone using bram as livebait and someone use whiting as live bait seriously the flathead really dont care they will just eat whatever goes past there head first

NAGG
21-07-2008, 07:52 PM
:( Here in NSW we have lost one of the best live baits for Jewies ........ small Tailor
We now have a minimum size!

Nagg

rat_catcher
21-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Legal sizes need to be respected whether you are using them for bait or taking them home to eat yourself!

breamnut
21-07-2008, 08:08 PM
:( Here in NSW we have lost one of the best live baits for Jewies ........ small Tailor
We now have a minimum size!

Nagg to bad it doesnt still apply those little bastards have been snipping of jigheads and blades for the last few weeks

BtotheM
21-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Yer, totally agree rat_catcher

its a shame to see people killing little summer whiting for bait

breamnut
21-07-2008, 08:20 PM
dont worry guys i fish lures most of the time i will occasionally fish a bait outside and nothing undersize go on the hook

whitingkiller
22-07-2008, 08:25 AM
we use tailor and whiting of all sizes for jew baits..
never had they fisheries ask me to pull in my line to show them our bait!
would just cut the line if i had to!

NAGG
22-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Legal sizes need to be respected whether you are using them for bait or taking them home to eat yourself!

totally agree ..... rules are rules ..
Otherwise next time a fisheries dude walks up to some slimy piece of shite that has a bucket load of undersized pinkies , whiting etc ......... He'll just turn around & say they are Jewie baits>:(

Nagg

Fish'n Junky
23-07-2008, 06:40 AM
we use tailor and whiting of all sizes for jew baits..
never had they fisheries ask me to pull in my line to show them our bait!
would just cut the line if i had to!

You actually seem proud of the fact that you're an idiot!
I hope they catch up with you sooner rather than later.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

BtotheM
23-07-2008, 07:08 AM
Yer, whitingkiller that is very poor>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Flex
23-07-2008, 08:23 AM
I get infinitely more satisfaction catching a fish using a legal size livebait. Those species that do have limits should be respected.

But i have found you dont need a small live bait to catch fish. All fish will hit a distressed bait even if its the same size as them.

Im sure many of you have caught small flathead using large whiting,or a mangrove jack on a 30cm long mullet. I have caught 2kg coral trout using 1kg+ Stripey many times.

Use legal big livies and you will more often get a bigger better fish anyhow

LeeannP
23-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Ratking... Your topic heading says it all "undersize". If an undersized fish is in your possession you're a goner when fisheries comes along.

whitingkiller
23-07-2008, 09:13 AM
You actually seem proud of the fact that you're an idiot!
I hope they catch up with you sooner rather than later.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Fish'n'junky..
bet you carry a mirror in your back pocket!

what is the difference from this method AND if you catch an undersize fish that has swallowed your hook....NONE!...as when you cut your line and throw it back..it is going to die anyway!..so it is NEVER going to grow to a legal size

get over yourself

NAGG
23-07-2008, 09:27 AM
Fish'n'junky..
bet you carry a mirror in your back pocket!

what is the difference from this method AND if you catch an undersize fish that has swallowed your hook....NONE!...as when you cut your line and throw it back..it is going to die anyway!..so it is NEVER going to grow to a legal size

get over yourself

OK, Whitingkiller ........ whats the Geeup:-/
You really cant be serious about these comments!!! ........ & If you are :clown: :rifle:
Nagg

whitingkiller
23-07-2008, 09:36 AM
yes nagg....got him!.......

LeeannP
23-07-2008, 10:30 AM
I think there's a bit of geeing up happening :)

If the fish is undersized and has swallowed the hook just cut the line off as close to the hook as possible and release the fish. The survival rates are apparently quite good.

What isn't good for the fish is to rip the hook out of their gills or back of the throat and then throw them back in the water. Just remember those little fish have the potential to grow into trophy fish so it's important to look after them as well.