PDA

View Full Version : Solo trip to Local Wreck

Gazza.Boyne
21-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Headed out from Boyne on Saturday afternoon for a couple of hours by myself. Got some good liveys at the chanel markers on the way out. Tried a couple of spots around 12 mile & the shoals for 1 good redthroat.

Headed back to one of the local wrecks for an hour or two, when i eventually got past the trevally i nailed my best biggest cobe to date, 20kg. It was certainly fun getting in the boat by myself.

Gazza

iricangi
21-07-2008, 05:18 PM
The cat looks interested!

NIce cobe im still yet to get my first one, everyone has got one but me :(

Leighton
21-07-2008, 05:19 PM
good size Cobe mate
a little ambitous for the cat though

Ryan.S
21-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Nice fish mate, cant wait to get me one. Havent got a legal one yet!

barkers creek
21-07-2008, 06:23 PM
not bad , i went out sunday to jenny lind and got nuthingh , was loking at heading out to fairway bout but didnt get around to it . i only got a small tiny and wouldnt mind getting to kne of the wreacks one day

jtpython
21-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Nice stuff Gazza i guess you were at Bindaree?
Nice thick cobia mate grates on him
Seems pretty slow about the place everywhere at moment buddy
JT

Cobia Kid
21-07-2008, 07:04 PM
hey garry, josh was tellin me about your fish, GREAT JOB!!
which wreck was it you headed to, was it nautilis??
anyways, if u ever need a fishing buddy or evan a gaff boy i am always n call,
cheers,
jamie

Gazza.Boyne
22-07-2008, 07:28 AM
Thanks Guys,

JT, no I didn't go to the Bindaree, i came back into the other wreck that Jamie mentioned.

Jamie, i was keen to just get out by myself on saturday night. I saw Brett's car & trailer at the ramp saturday morning, how did you guys go.

Gazza

Local_Guy
22-07-2008, 09:07 AM
nice cobia... apparently there are a lot of them around at the moment.

did the cat enjoy the fish :D

Gazza.Boyne
22-07-2008, 11:20 AM
The cat has got her fair share of fish over the last few years, & yes she enjoyed some fresh Cobia

Gazza

lethal098
22-07-2008, 05:03 PM
NICE COBES, i can understand it would have been an effort to pull him over the side, well done

Cobia Kid
22-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Thanks Guys,

JT, no I didn't go to the Bindaree, i came back into the other wreck that Jamie mentioned.

Jamie, i was keen to just get out by myself on saturday night. I saw Brett's car & trailer at the ramp saturday morning, how did you guys go.

Gazza

i didnt get to go out cause i had thursday off to get xrays and culdnt have friday off, but they didnt get much, a few lippa and a red, they went to sykes.
they lost the anchor during the night and nearly run on the reef while sleeping, stupid alarm not loud enough,
and also the saw a small school of cobe about 6ft long but couldnt jag em, oh well,

skipalong
22-07-2008, 07:26 PM
excellent sized cobe mate

Vindicator
22-07-2008, 08:03 PM
The one good thing about getting fish like that and being on your own is that you can make as much noise as you want and dance around the boat and not look like a fool in front of anyone. Well done.

Cheers
Kezza

aerordauto
22-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Thats a nice size cobia there, i bet he put up a decent fight when close to the boat.
cheers mark.

Benno1
22-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Great stuff Gazza, and what a great cobe. Lookin forward to our next trip up to the shoals..

cheers
Benno

Wazzup01
22-07-2008, 09:37 PM
The one good thing about getting fish like that and being on your own is that you can make as much noise as you want and dance around the boat and not look like a fool in front of anyone. Well done.

Cheers
Kezza
Having someone else with you shouldn't stop you;D How is that McLay going Gazz

Wazzup
(I was in the other Blue Mclay at the ramp the other week)

speedylures
22-07-2008, 11:23 PM
hey Gazza, it's not easy fishing by yourself catching those fish. they seem to have endless energy and twist when you gaff them. i'm sure plenty have been lost on the gaff.

Gazza.Boyne
23-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Jamie,

Cable ties through the eyes of all shackles certainly beats loosing an anchor at night, especially out on the reef.

Gazza

JB
23-07-2008, 01:07 PM
did you get that beauty on my old tld 25 gazz? : )

Cobia Kid
23-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Jamie,

Cable ties through the eyes of all shackles certainly beats loosing an anchor at night, especially out on the reef.

Gazza

infact gary we actully do that, it was the shackle that broke!! oh well, u win sum u lose sum

Plastic_Magic
24-07-2008, 07:54 AM
Well done Gary,

woulda been good if old mate jamie kept the wreck name to himself...:P
Its good to see that ur patience and fishing knowledge (FROM THE LOCAL TACKLE SHOP) hahahaha is getting you the rewards!!!!....:)

Have u been trying the plastics out ther much or are the stupid trevally geting into them??

Good effort, Cheers PM

seapup
24-07-2008, 09:12 AM
Nice fish mate! Cobes love wrecks!

Lambsy
24-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Nice cobia there
Not sure whats going on at Jenny Kind Banks at the moment, last 2 trips you can sit there for ages, fish come onto the bite for 45min or so, you bag what you`re going to get, then its off again. I hung around for ages waiting, coaxing and couple of moves, but you may as well vacate the area once its off? Theories anyone?

Angla
25-07-2008, 01:27 AM
Vindicator has hit the nail on the head. I would have been pretty vocal if I caught a fish that size Gazza.

Gotta love the cats thinking.

Chris

Gazza.Boyne
25-07-2008, 07:54 AM
Hi JB, I've been using that old TLD of yours, just love it, but got this cobe on one of my Penns.

PM. Old mate Jamie does that a bit doesn't he. I have been using the plastics a bit, i enjoy them every, but i don't like to feed them to those Trevally.

Lambsey, I've haven't spent much time out around Jenny Lind, i enjoy flicking plastics around the shallows there & have caught some reasonable fish.

Angla & Vindicator, You guys were right, i was certainly was very vocal.

Cheers Gazza

mangomick
25-07-2008, 09:28 AM
Must be a few Cobes around at the moment. mate tells me they picked up 5 on the week-end. biggest went 1.3 metres. Three caught around Bindaree and another two at Moreton star.