PDA

View Full Version : first ever offshore trip

jareyjareyjareyjarey
21-07-2008, 04:27 PM
hey guys, i went out on sat for my first ever offshore sesh. we launched at redcliffe and headed out to cape moreton. we tried a few diffrent spots of varying depth. the only interest was in 20m and less where we caught wrase, cod and a few small squire.
we tried alot of diffrent spots looking for the big one. but i guess it wasnt to be.
can anyone tell me what we did wrong? i guess we should have persisted in the deeper spots after the sun came up????

jeffrey_h
21-07-2008, 05:08 PM
We also went outside for the first time on Saturday. We left from Manly Harbour and out thru the bar, bottom of Moreton. 6 n/miles out in 65 metres water and got 5 fish, best at 51cm, 1.5kg snapper.

Didn't know where to go, just kept drifting. Full report soon.

Hope you have better luck next time.

Jeffrey

skipalong
21-07-2008, 05:29 PM
yeah few reports sound the same pretty slow

jareyjareyjareyjarey
21-07-2008, 07:23 PM
ok cool so its not just me. decent sized wrase were still fun on light gear, which were in abundance

iricangi
21-07-2008, 07:27 PM
We had a slow day on sat, we went out at midday and came back in 3 hrs later with no keepers, couldn't find anything on the sounder worth fishing for, few small squire but nothing major. So bailed for a sleep :)

Tailortaker
21-07-2008, 08:44 PM
We were out on sat as well, we left Bribie at 3am and returned 11am sunday, We bagged out on snaps and pearlies, the best snapper going 6.5kg, Scotty (realscream) also landed a 6.6kg sweatlip, The better of the snapper were caught near the cape in about 30m just on sunset on bait with plenty of berley..some photos are in the
"bribe perfect"thread..http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=135405
Cheers TT

jeffrey_h
21-07-2008, 08:47 PM
We would have done better but I had engine trouble so decided to go early. See sons' report "first time offshore" in this section at http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=135498

We had a very bad motor day.

There was a lot more to the day, but it turned out good with the fish. Baked Snapper last night and fish cakes tonight.

Jeffrey