PDA

View Full Version : Hornet Trophy

coastrunner
20-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Hello all,
What do you think of the Quintrex Hornet Trophy 435 ?
Thanks..

BtotheM
20-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Absolutely awesome boats, awesome control underway, stable as, great cast deck, live wells, can fish for anywhere on the boat comfortable when casting lures. Just great boats

djgtom
21-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Ohh boy, this should be good.

I personally have one and am very happy all round.

I feel it is quite a heavy boat and would recommend max hp as i did (50 hp).

Most of the blokes i fish with have or want one. I have not personally heard any bad reports since they upgraded the hull thickness to 3 mm.

The fishing i do is mostly lake and the murray flicking lures with the ocassion trip to the bay chasing whitting.I could not think of any other rig apart from the new stacers that i would have(built in the same factory i think).

It's like the ford and holden arguement, all new boats are pretty good these days.

Anyhow this should be interesting

deano

BR65
21-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Ive got the 4 meter with a F40 yammy, mates got the 435, 50 tiller steer yam four stroke on the bum, sweet rides, very stable, great boats

MeePee_99
21-07-2008, 06:59 PM
I got a 4 metre too and there just awesome!!!!!!!

lifestyle
21-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Just had alook at some mako craft on the weekend. Check out their websit very nice boats.

Red60
22-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Hi Coastrunner,

Do a search on "Hornet Trophy" in the forum, you will find a heap of good and bad responses from past posts.

SNARKER73
22-07-2008, 01:39 PM
I have a 455 hornet trophy and could not be happier. Would recomend trophy's to anyone.

Stinger
22-07-2008, 01:52 PM
I was going to buy a Hornet when I changed boats last year but ended up getting a Makocraft Tornament instead. I am very happy with it.
I found for the money the Makocraft comes with more fetures as standard.
Not knocking the Hornets in any they are a great boat but before you make up your mind have a look at the Makocraft

Bear001
22-07-2008, 01:58 PM
I have a 400 Hornet trophy side console with 40ETEC on the back - Looove it.

Make sure you go as high as you can for HP recommended for the 435.
As noted above - do a search on this site & you'll see lots of debate.

Only fault I have with mine - I WISH I COULD AFFORD A BIGGER ONE:'( ;D

Side console takes up a lot of floorspace - so if this is important - go tiller.

Mine is used on the dams & have found it brilliant on the choppy trips back to the ramp. (& I've had spinal surgery 12mnths ago!!!)

Cin

Gagga08
22-07-2008, 02:06 PM
You've just gotta look at the number of Hornets that boaters are using in the various bream comps. A fair indication that they are an outstanding boat when used for what they are designed to do!

Just one thing 4m hornets are a waste of time. Get an 395 Explorer Trophy. Explorers Trophies are set up almost identically to 4m Hornets. Explorers are actually a longer, wider and lighter boat, and they cost 2 grand less!

TonyM
22-07-2008, 02:54 PM
I've got a 445 Hornet and love it, as said earlier great layout with storage, casting platforms, wells etc all taken care of nicely.

I also agree re going max power as they're so fun to drive and you don't want to be dissapointed, it's far more expensive to upgrade the motor than get it right the first time.

There's really only one thing I don't like about the Hornet and that's the annoying slapping sound the water makes against the hull when you're stealth fishing (especially when you're under eletric and it's windy). Although that's a problem with all tinnies so the only way around that is to go glass or poly - which I'll probably look at doing again for the next boat

Cheers
Tony

bdowdy
22-07-2008, 03:16 PM
awsome boat i own a 4m hornet tiller steer and its the best, heaps of stable fishing room .cheers bdowdysum

BtotheM
22-07-2008, 05:03 PM
You've just gotta look at the number of Hornets that boaters are using in the various bream comps. A fair indication that they are an outstanding boat when used for what they are designed to do!

Just one thing 4m hornets are a waste of time. Get an 395 Explorer Trophy. Explorers Trophies are set up almost identically to 4m Hornets. Explorers are actually a longer, wider and lighter boat, and they cost 2 grand less!

Mate there not the same sorta

The hull is different The explorer has a eclipse hull, while the trophy has a eclipse V - flared hull, the livewell options are completely different, the explorer has the option to have a back small livewell, while the 400 hornet trophy as the back well as standed and the option to get a big front well (big thing if you want to fish comps) and there are various more options available than the explorer

the explorer is prob better if you want a standed boat with no extra features

coastrunner
22-07-2008, 05:45 PM
Thanks to every one for your help,I will let you know how i go...

Gagga08
22-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Mate there not the same sorta

The hull is different The explorer has a eclipse hull, while the trophy has a eclipse V - flared hull, the livewell options are completely different, the explorer has the option to have a back small livewell, while the 400 hornet trophy as the back well as standed and the option to get a big front well (big thing if you want to fish comps) and there are various more options available than the explorer

the explorer is prob better if you want a standed boat with no extra features

To I think you'll find any option available on the hornet is also available on the explorer. I'll conseed the hull on the hornets are slightly more stable, having spent plenty of time tournament fishing from both boats.

BtotheM
22-07-2008, 06:13 PM
To I think you'll find any option available on the hornet is also available on the explorer. I'll conseed the hull on the hornets are slightly more stable, having spent plenty of time tournament fishing from both boats.

Nah mate there diferent

I got the quintrex booklet (i just bought a 400 hornet trophy)

BtotheM
22-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Having said that most of the diiferent upgrades, the boat doesnt really need

BtotheM
22-07-2008, 06:15 PM
there are seven more upgrades available on the trophy

boogaloo
22-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Hello all,
What do you think of the Quintrex Hornet Trophy 435 ?
Thanks..

Got a 390 trophy side con with a 40 merc 4, 4sale, all 02 going cheep.

tim2
22-07-2008, 07:13 PM
My best mate has a 445 trophy, it is an awesome boat to fish from and goes great.
He did have trouble with the paint bubbling and in the end had to go to the department of fair trading to have the problem rectified.
Having said that, he said he would be more than happy to buy another one.

simbasi
05-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Yeah mate i just bough a new 2008 435 Hornet Trophy side console with a 50 HP Yammy 4 stoke and there is only one word to describe it AWESOME!! ;D Its quick, stable, strong and comfortble. We fish 75 % Freshwater lakes rivers and salt water lakes and estureys. We looked at a lot of other boats but came back to the quinny. Better resale later too if you sell. The side console is really good in these boats and with a total length of 4.43 m its basically the old 450 hornet without the M3 Transom. More fishing space that the new 450 and 480 Hornet trophy, and they are a lot chaeper too.!