PDA

View Full Version : Somerset Report

darylive
20-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Well I just spent the weekend at Somerset along with several others and Bugger All to report :-/. By all reports there was nothing to report. Despite several fishers on the lake. I spoke to a bloke who lives there and he said the lake has not fished well for 4 months, since the water came up. There was a kill there some weeks ago with the cold snap.

I would have thought I might get something but nothing was to be had. some shows on the sounder but no hungry fish. I pretty much went through the lolly bag. I came back with lures and plastics, spinners, poppers etc all hanging to dry. Tried the backs the basin, trolling casting bobbing for nil return.

However it was a beautiful weekend but bloody cold at night. The warmest water I found was 18 around midday.

Well still beats workin 8-).

P.S. There is also a nice pair of spotters sun glasses on the bottom opposite Kirkleigh some where :(.

BtotheM
20-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Bit like may lakes around qld

Gordie
20-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Mate when all else fails have live Shrimp on hand.

But having said that to be honest I have had to release live Shrimp at times on Somerset because there were no bites.

You can just appreciate the peace quite and very few plastic bage and cans on the shores and dont think of work.

darylive
21-07-2008, 08:46 PM
It was a good weekend, just no fish.
Beautiful weather moonlit nights just no fish. :-/

It was bloody cold but crisp and clear. Moonlit night by the camp fire lookin across the lake, pretty good. The fire looks a bit dramatic but it was a long exposure to get the shot.;)

The point of the exercise is to go fishing, catching a fish is a bonus. :P