PDA

View Full Version : sunshine beanies and brute snapper !!!

jayvee
20-07-2008, 04:41 PM
hi all,
a bit late but this is first chance i've had to report!
fished north of mooloolaba last thursday arvy/night 17th july
had a bit of trouble finding any decent ground around a mark my uncle gave me so the call was made to move around and search for a new spot X
found some cracking ground in only 30ft of water and about 300m offshore and the anchor was dropped at around 4pm and a berley trail released, all was very quiet for the first hour except for 1 school mac which was swiftly dispached to the eski;D
we were starting to get worried at the lack of action but then as the sun began to set BANG the captain was hit hard and a brute 72cm snap hit the deck he had massive girth for his length to. gave an awsome account for itself in the shallow water with some huge runs but surprisingley no big head shakes witch left us questioning what he actually was after the initial hook up!!
for the next 2 hours a nice run of snaps hits the deck with a couple 40-45 cm grassy's and 1 42cm red throat emporer also in the eski. back at ramp at 7:30pm
end'd up with 9 squire/snapps between 50-72cm 2 grassy's the red throat and the mac + a new mark in the gps;) all fish caught on flaoted pills,yakka's and some mac tuna fillets. more than happy to stumble across this spot X;D

CHEERS JAYVEE
P.S. the pic is of the 72cm snapp31185

Sea-Captain
20-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Well done- you don't have to go far to get some cracking results
cheers

lizard bribie
20-07-2008, 04:49 PM
nice report @good fish @anew mark doesn;t get much better cheers lizard bribie:D

wags on the water
20-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Nice work on the feed of fish and the conditions were great thursday evening. There's a lot of good ground just waiting to be fished, just have to find it first.

Cheers,
Wags

BtotheM
20-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Great work mate

SummerTrance
20-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Well done mate. For months ive been thinking of trying in close off mooloolaba (no epirb) but havnt got around to it and just fished in the bay. You have inspired me, and I think i'll get my shit together and get up there soon.

Sounds like a great session, witrh a nice snap aswell!

skipalong
20-07-2008, 06:39 PM
excellent mate

wadeo
20-07-2008, 07:09 PM
good catch mate thurs was definetly a good day. well done
regards wadeo

Wax_head
20-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Good to see someone catching a feed of snapper. It's the time you fish not where you fish most of the time when you fish in close! I fish around Mooloolaba and there are heaps of spots. At day time you may not even turn a reel but sun up and sun down is a different story. Good on ya.

hookinin
20-07-2008, 11:40 PM
God to see you gave it a chance to fire up on sunset on got the rewards. Have to agree with waxhead its more the time of day on the close reefs and finding a place with no traffic is a major key.
Cheers Gaven