PDA

View Full Version : Timi's Charters, 19 July

TimiBoy
20-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Man, the buildup to this trip was extreme. Rhys (Revs57) and I decided to hook up for this trip in the middle of the week. The moon was right, tides were huge, plenty of run, fish were horny, and the weather was looking like a cracker. Rhys' Nephew, Lee (Leigh?) joined us for the fun.

Poor old Wags was here about 2 pm picking up some bits and pieces, and that's when Rhys turned up. We wouldn't let Wags come because his shoulder's dodgy, and he needs to let it recover. NO FISHING WAGS!

We got on the water at 3 pm, really excited about what was coming. Saw Mik01 at the ramp, hi Mate, how'd you go? Lovely trip up the channel, plenty of boats around, enjoying the conditions. The bar crossing - wait, what bar crossing???? Enough said.

We motored up to our mark, a secret little ledge somewhere near ######, and there were two other boats fairly close by, looks like it ain't so secret ;D;D;D. We drifted a few times, and landed a couple of appetizers on plastics, but nothing worth keeping. As dusk approached, and Rhys got more and more excited, we anchored up on our mark (no one was drifting it, you see...) got some lines out, and waited. The Skipper was sharked, fabulous run and real excitement for a minute or so, before the grey suit yawned and closed his jaws. Ping!

And so we waited... plenty of shows, the sun went down, the moon came up, there was - I love this from Rhys - "just a winkie of a current", which Rhys had us believing was yet another reason why we were going to bag out by 6:30. Time crawled on... A quick chat on the radio brought some news. A bit quiet out here at the moment, regardless of location. Don't worry, they'll come. Time crawled on... at about 7 pm, we recognised the truth. The fish were not feeding, they were too busy doing something else...

So; let's change the field. It looked good for a rapid transit to Square Patch, site of some good times of late. 20 minutes later, we had bait schools tightly bunched and 20 metres top to bottom under the boat. A couple of boats drifting about a km South of us, but SP was deserted. SEN-FRIGGIN-SATIONAL!!!! A couple of Snaps came up pronto, and a couple more soon after, as well as a nice Trag. Not huge, but a nice change. Rhys and Lee got busted up, Rhys a couple of times, as well as dropping a couple of good fish.

Then the blowies showed up. As we were drifting, Alley Cat shows up and plonks himself right in our path. I held off and leaned on the horn. He soon realised I was unimpressed (and way too noisy for comfort), so he moved out of the way and anchored up 20 metres from the driftline. Many thanks for seeing reason. Eventually...

Then a Pro, with a sign that said Ash, or Ant, one or the other, pulls up, drops the pick, right in the driftline again. We sidled up to him, and suggested that drifting would allow everyone to have a go, but he pointed at his pro sign, and said "I don't drift". I see, so the Pro's own the place? My instinct was to empty a few thousand gallons of air through the horns at him until he had a major headache, but we decided on discretion, and went home. I will be anchoring in future once I find the spot out there. At least that way I might be able to displace this lovely fellow...

We pulled up on the 29's for a couple of drifts, and put another squire in the box, but all in all it was a disappointing night's fishing, that had promised so much.

Having said that, it was a fabulous evening with a couple of really nice blokes, and I can't wait to do it again! The boys racked off on arrival at my place, and bed was the order of the day. Rhys and Lee turned up in the morning though, with a good feed of Macca's to start the day. We cleaned the fish, and all that remains now is for Wags to come and clean the boat.

WHERE IS WAGS WHEN YOU NEED HIM???

Sorry about the moon pic, not an easy one, but a freaky sight!

Cheerzall, Tim

revs57
20-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Yeah mate! good stuff, must've been typing this report up at the same time!

Looking forward to doing it all again - has Wags turned up to clean up the boat yet???

cheers

and leigh said to say thanks too

Cheers

rhys

TimiBoy
20-07-2008, 03:06 PM
No it's still dirty. We'll be able to smell it soon, I wish he'd hurry up!

Cheers,

Tim

Angla
20-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Hi Tim, I saw you go past while I was on the bait grounds. You are pretty hard to miss. Looks like you got a couple of fish for the table.

I gave you a call from the 35's with a report on the current. "Biteme" is the callsign

Chris

revs57
20-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Ahhh, so that was you chris,

thanks for the heads up,

Yeah we ended up with a couple ot save the bacon!

how did you fellas go?

Cheers

Rhys

TimiBoy
20-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Ah yes, Bite me! I must get out of the habit of turning off the radio - while I am a fan of, er... "colourful language", I find the amount of it I've heard on the radio is unwelcome, and the damn thing is just noisy;D;D;D

Thanks for the call, next time I'll try to be more attentive!

Cheers,

Tim

skipalong
20-07-2008, 06:53 PM
mate sounded like an eventful trip excellent

wags on the water
20-07-2008, 07:43 PM
I feel cheap and unwanted. You guys are only using me for my skills.:'(

CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK TO WORK!;)

At least I'm appreciated there.......;D ;D

revs57
20-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Wags you are definitely a sick puppy!

Angla
20-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Rhys, We got all our fish from before that report. We still stayed the night and tried till about 9.00am today for 0 extras.
I must edit my posts and add "Biteme" as the callsign. It is my name on another fishing site and the Boat name.

wags on the water
20-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Wags you are definitely a sick puppy!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D