PDA

View Full Version : Arvo session off the Goldy on Tuesday

mark johno
19-07-2008, 05:23 PM
Left ramp at 2pm, at spot X by 2.30pm out went the Nuke Chooks and on the second drift my mate is on, fish is pulling real hard at first which made me think it was a Mack Tuna but eventually the head shakes started and we soon realised it was a good knobby and soon we had that awsome sight of a big knob surfacing about 10 feet behind the boat, the fish glided nicely into the net and a new PB for my mate at 8.5kg. Next drift and another fish at 5kg then fish shut down, home at ramp by 5pm.

Also fished last night at our usual Jew spot thinking the full moon was on Sunday as it turned out I was wrong it was on that night and as always the fish were not there on the full.

Leighton
19-07-2008, 05:58 PM
great Snapper, looks like your mate is a bit lucky landing it, the jig is in deep

jackextracter
19-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Good fish mate, how many ks were you out?

mark johno
19-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Only 5 ks out mate.

reelchippy
19-07-2008, 09:47 PM
wish i was on to them like that.cheers

JDog4
20-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Nice fish!
I went out on Thursday morning as the reports were saying 5 to 10 knots, we were up at 4am to get to 36NE real early only to find it blowing more like 15 knots plus from the SW - SE. Out went the Nuclear Chicken with no success due to difficulty in wind vs current and jig head wieghts. I reverted to the old patternosta rig with a big lead and still had to reverse up, 6 small snapper were bagged on pillies.
Mate was out monday and bagged out with some 6kg fish.
We often say we should keep a log on dates and moons etc, do you guys do that or do you just go when you can?