PDA

View Full Version : Info Needed

GPS074
18-07-2008, 10:36 PM
Hi All,
After a bit of knowledge. I have ordered a new boat 5m Seajay cc with 80 Yamaha. I'm keen to get outside in it but I don't have much knowledge on fishing outside and am wondering in a boat this size what sort of distances will i be able to travel and in what conditions? This will be out off Bundy. Any info would be great.

Cheers!

GPS074

Roughasguts
18-07-2008, 11:02 PM
First up you got all the safety gear to go outside ?

Then do you under stand the compass and charts just in case you can't find your way back if visibility drops.

wags on the water
18-07-2008, 11:18 PM
I've been out to the stones in my 4.55m Center Console - 50hp Merc. Pick your days, have all the safety gear, log on/off and tell someone where your going and you should be ok.
Best economy was 100kms travelled for 35l. I always carried extra fuel and travelled long distances with another boat.

Cheers,
Wags

GPS074
18-07-2008, 11:37 PM
Thanks fellas
Safety gear yes!
Compass and charts i've got the basics but still learning
Not looking to head out on my own just yet. Will tag along with others till i know enough.

bushbeachboy
19-07-2008, 08:10 AM
Also do some fuel economy runs to check out how far you can go on a tank etc. A 5 metre Sea Jay should get you to lots of fishng spots.

GPS074

I used to take my 4.95m SeaJay centre console of Waddy at Fraser and 1770. Just pick your day, watch the conditions while you are out there and don't be afraid to head home if you are just not confident. Take your time and think about what you a doing and adjust speed etc for the conditions. Safety gear and navigation as the others have mentioned - but most of all learn how to use all the gear properly.

Great all round boat set up you have there - you will enjoy it (I regret selling my centre console and moving to a glass cuddy)

Cheers

A