PDA

View Full Version : offshore moloolaba goes nuts

wadeo
18-07-2008, 05:49 AM
Gday all.

With an early day on the horizon i rounded up a crew for an arvo trip off the banks. Greeted by calm see's the cat made short comfortable work of the trip out to my first spot X. After locating some good shows on the sounder we started our first drift. Firing down pillies, squid & flesh the 3 of us no sooner hit the bottom and we were all hooked up on solid fish. Once landing all 3 we had 2 snapper around 6kg and 1 just on 5kg which was a great start to the arvo. We drifted this spot 4 or 5 times for quality nobbies to 5kg and the odd pearly. After hooking up and landing a 12.4kg AJ we took some photo's and released him un harmed to fight another day. Moving off to another spot this time on anchor saw 3 cobia landed between 6 to 9kg. Things here went a little quiet so we moved north a few k's and reset the anchor and a steady stream of berly went out. Wasnt long before we were into good nobbies again. This spot went really well for a mixed bag consisting of spangled emperor to 5.2kg and 2 around 2kg as well. By now the current had started moving and Scotty managed good yellow tail kingfish around 8kg in between snapper. Our snapper bag out came fairly fast releasing a few to fight another day. 28 fish pulled us up with 3 on board and we left them bitting to come home.

regards wadeo:D

cobiaman
18-07-2008, 06:43 AM
nice bag mate

hookinin
18-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Great stuff looks like you had a ball and your snapper were better quaulity than ours. How far out were you guys and was there much current.
Cheers Gaven

wadeo
18-07-2008, 07:16 AM
gday gav thanks for the reply. Not much current till around 10pm last night. barwon banks was our target area where did you fish.

regards wadeo

DaMaGe
18-07-2008, 08:08 AM
What hours on the water? about 12? or did you come back while still dark? Just planning my own adventure and have heard that dusk is the time to get the fish while dawn is a little slow.

A good aray of quality fish and I bet ya'll had a f'n blast!

wadeo
18-07-2008, 08:45 AM
What hours on the water? about 12? or did you come back while still dark? Just planning my own adventure and have heard that dusk is the time to get the fish while dawn is a little slow.

A good aray of quality fish and I bet ya'll had a f'n blast!
gday mate we found they bit slow from 230pm to 4pm then fired consistantly but still a little slow through to midnight. hope this helps
regards wadeo

Pistol_P
18-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Great stuff mate....well done.8-)

We had a similar trip off Noosa yesterday.
Report to come from Benny shortly.8-)

Pete

aerordauto
18-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Great Catch Mate, We Will Give It A Go Tomorrow.
Cheers Mark.

scrubba01
18-07-2008, 10:15 AM
That is a good mixed bag of fish well done!!! It is great to see some good fish starting to come off the banks will have to try to get out for a run in the near future.

skipalong
18-07-2008, 10:18 AM
excellent fish mate

skipalong
18-07-2008, 10:19 AM
how deep were you fishing

wadeo
18-07-2008, 10:33 AM
how deep were you fishing
gday skipalong we fished a range of depths between 20m and 90m and found fish in all of my spots we tried. Hope this helps
regards wadeo

Orrsum
18-07-2008, 11:33 AM
great Haul, looks like you guy's had a ball. always wanted to get out to the banks although the 4.5 stacer is a tad small. we had a similar night last friday night off Sunshine reef plenty of nice nobbies some real big things that straightened hooks and broke lines although it was a great night all the same.
well done.

skipalong
18-07-2008, 12:13 PM
yeah mate cheers heading out saturday and have many spots in these depths

cheers justin

Vindicator
18-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Nice fish there Wade. Theres definitely some good reports coming in of the snaps that are about. Just wish I could get out there amongst them. Guess I should stop going away on so many holidays!

Cheers
Kezza

outsiderskip
18-07-2008, 02:21 PM
nice catch
take day of work to work fishing
then work filleting fish
still beats the real job
pete

seapup
18-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Nice work Wadeo great catch. Weather sure was epic out there late yesterday.
Cheers,
Benny.

indy
18-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Nice catch there wadeo knobbies seem to be everywhere at the moment

dayoo
18-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Wadeo,

Very good catch mate. Frank and I just got back from Fraser the large snapper are a bit scarce there at the moment. Will have to give it a hit again off Mooloolaba.

Cheers
Barry

scoota
18-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Great stuff wadeo, must of had a great time8-)

Hope to get amongst them tasty ones tomorrow arv!

Scoota....

Fishing_Freddy
19-07-2008, 08:04 AM
Great looking catch you've put together. Looks like perfect weather in the back ground, well done.
Ken :beer:

Dean1
19-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Awsome mate!! Sounds like one of those trips when everything comes together nicely. Gotta get out with ya for a fish soon mate surely we can jag the 'SAME' day off ;D One of Bretto's mates bought a 2400 KC last week so we have another brother on board ;) Catch ya soon, Deano.

barracat66
19-07-2008, 06:29 PM
Well done Wadeo, like allways your offshore adventures produce quility fish, and a great crew to back you up, good to see big Scotty catching a few knobbies, That Tica reel must still be operational, you have to stop sitting on the rod and winching up the tiger sharks !!!!!!!!!!
see you down at the shop, micheal.

wadeo
20-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Wadeo,

Very good catch mate. Frank and I just got back from Fraser the large snapper are a bit scarce there at the moment. Will have to give it a hit again off Mooloolaba.

Cheers
Barry
gday Barry yeah the snaps are here now it seems. We've been getting good catchs out wide in quantity. Have been fishing very close in for bigger snapper but only a few at a time. Say gday to Frank as well i would imagine he'd be up at the rainbow comp at the moment. Next weeks forcast is spelling boat maintanance at this stage.
regards wadeo8-)

wadeo
20-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Awsome mate!! Sounds like one of those trips when everything comes together nicely. Gotta get out with ya for a fish soon mate surely we can jag the 'SAME' day off ;D One of Bretto's mates bought a 2400 KC last week so we have another brother on board ;) Catch ya soon, Deano.
gday deano how are ya? Do you have those 4 strokes fitted yet?. We will have to get out for a fish soon mate. Have been looking around at 4 stoke myself lately talk soon
regards wadeo.

wadeo
20-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Well done Wadeo, like allways your offshore adventures produce quility fish, and a great crew to back you up, good to see big Scotty catching a few knobbies, That Tica reel must still be operational, you have to stop sitting on the rod and winching up the tiger sharks !!!!!!!!!!
see you down at the shop, micheal.
Gday Michael
hope your feeling better mate. Yes Winched another shark up thurs night with the TICA!! same style. I'm convinced there strong i'm doing my best to brake it. When loading it up to 14kg of drag the reel laps it up with ease. Ask Scotty how she works as a winch hehe. Anyhow i'll be in this week for braid for my baitrunner as she snapped 1m up from where it was tied to the backing (bugger). See ya when ya better.
regards wadeo

Dean1
27-07-2008, 08:46 PM
gday deano how are ya? Do you have those 4 strokes fitted yet?. We will have to get out for a fish soon mate. Have been looking around at 4 stoke myself lately talk soon
regards wadeo. Hey mate im really good, loving working for myself. Yeah got the 4 strokes fitted on monday, should be picking her up tommorow and taking her for a sea trial. Ive been up north all week on a holiday but im back on board now. I'll give ya a buzz during the week 8-)