PDA

View Full Version : Awoonga caravan park

Basil2
18-07-2008, 05:34 AM
Hey guys, I am heading to Awoonga in January with 3 mates. Looking to stay at the awoonga caravan park, is this the best spot to camp ? We will be staying for a week so any advice on accomindation or hot spots to fish will be appreciated thanks Basil2

Awoonga
18-07-2008, 07:20 AM
Is this the best spot to camp ?? Well its the closest to the Dam...The young couple that run it at the moment seem ok... l am sure lots of Ausfishers will give you plenty of options...Fishing hotspots ??? its July now... so put up a post nearer to January...Dont forget to have a look in the freshwater section as to what gear you will need to bring to try and catch the fish

dean450
18-07-2008, 08:23 AM
the big 4 is good and about ten min from dam and handy to fuel try platapus bay or fluter creek

Little grey men
18-07-2008, 01:00 PM
We stayed at Willowgrove on the River, which I think is the Big 4 place dean 450 is talking about in his post... We had one of the cabins but there were heaps of camping spaces, The place was very clean and the servo next door sure came in handy. Stacks of fishos were staying there....and an added bonus is they have a giant jumping pillow if the fishing's slow.

chris_macca
18-07-2008, 03:56 PM
We stayed at Willowgrove this yr as well, nice place only about 8min from the lake. You better book now though, as they fill up pretty quick (we booked for feb next year, last week and it we struggled to get a cabin).

Fitzy
18-07-2008, 08:37 PM
I always stay at the Awoonga Gateway Cabins on the Awoonga road, about 1 km after the railway line. Quiter, securer & can park your car & boat right next to your cabin to unload gear & charge batteries while having a meal or sleep. Hot showers & air-con are great.

Cheers,

fitzy..

Basil2
19-07-2008, 07:47 AM
Thanks guys for all your info, much appriciated.

bugman
19-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Trev,

Don't tell me old mate who had the park at the Dam is finally gone:-X

Awoonga
19-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Bloke, Yep..Merv.....Gooonnee

LeeannP
21-07-2008, 09:57 AM
I always stay at the Awoonga Gateway Cabins on the Awoonga road, about 1 km after the railway line. Quiter, securer & can park your car & boat right next to your cabin to unload gear & charge batteries while having a meal or sleep. Hot showers & air-con are great.

Cheers,

fitzy..

Quieter except for the damn trains that run along the line at the back of the property!!! ::) Nice spot other than that

rod harrison
27-07-2008, 05:26 PM
There's no substitute for being right on the water.

New Awoonga Park managers, Kylie and Ryan are
an efficient and energetic young couple who've transformed the atmosphere. They combine people skills infinately better than those of the previous management and work hard at making stays an enjoyable experience for guests.

Upgrades about to happen include new cabins on the upper level.

For "lifers" it's all about being close to the fish.

I've a two story house a cast from the beach at Bribie.
Tuna and mackeral could be caught off the sand when I first shifted there in 1982. You'd get 20something shots at marlin and sails on a good day off Cape Moreton and there were fly and lure taking mulloway lurking under the Bribie bridge -
top of the tide on a still night after the traffic died down.

All over now.

Awoonga waterside is as good as it gets.

warrior
27-07-2008, 06:05 PM
you have got a top spot there rod ,i met the new owners last trip and they seemed a lot more switched on than the previous owners.

nipsta
27-07-2008, 07:56 PM
sounds like it might be a goer there once they get it sorted out id be keen for that waking up looking at that sweetwater paradise so long a sthe price dont sky rocket it will be a t least