PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Tanks

darkside
17-07-2008, 04:42 PM
could be a trap for young players, or may not pose a problem, today i decided to empty the fuel out of the tanks as i have not used the boat for a while, so before the fuel goes completely off i thought i would empty the tanks into the car.
I was checking to make sure there was no water in the tanks or debris , but when i got to the bottom of one of the tanks, all this plastic from the thread came out. It was the same plastic that was in the filter last time i changed it but i just assumed it was only a small piece left over from manufacturing . As you can see from the pics it's a fair swag of plastic.

BaitThrower
17-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Yeah I bought a new tank not long ago and it had some plastic rattling around in side. I think I got most of it out, but I now have an in-line filter on the fuel line so I can see if anything is getting caught in the line now.

chop69
17-07-2008, 06:31 PM
yep, know the feeling. cleaned out the tank but 3 mths later found some in her again. oldest boy and his mates were out in the dory and complained that the engine was stalling and spluttering. somewhere along the line, i (i'll take the blame no one else will) must of cross threaded the thread when i screwed the cap back on which in turn stripped plastic off.