PDA

View Full Version : Mates First Monduran Metery

Whitto
17-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Just had a SMS from a mate whos at Monduran at the moment and he has just nailed his first metery......$1.18 naturally he is happy a a dog with 2 Pe..ises....he did not say where abouts or what lure........hopefully will get photo and other information when he gets home.......Good on him.......Whitto:D

Steve B
17-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Hey Whitto,

Good on him. Look forward to the pics. We met him at Foxies on his way thru. I forgotten his name now, works at clinical coord..True? he said he knew you, so foxie and I closed the door in his face...;D ;D Nah, Told him a few spots..he must have took notice!!

cant wait for the report and pics.

Steve

Whitto
17-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Hey Whitto,

Good on him. Look forward to the pics. We met him at Foxies on his way thru. I forgotten his name now, works at clinical coord..True? he said he knew you, so foxie and I closed the door in his face...;D ;D Nah, Told him a few spots..he must have took notice!!

cant wait for the report and pics.

Steve
G'Day Steve, Glen is his name and your right Fixed and Rotory Wing Co-Ord...has a Blue Horizon Stalker/50hp Honda...wanted me to go up for a couple of days was unable to go mores the pity........Iam really pleased for him...he knows how to catch Barra but was unable to crack the meter barrier...The monkey is now off his back........Just had my Team Daiwa Advantage 4000 delivered to the front door...9days from time of order online and a saving of $100bucks to boots....go me some Tuf-line XP 50lb in green to put on it...hook it up to the Egrell BeaR Spin 4 Barra...60 lb Leader and Im in business....all I can say at this point about the reel is Sssssmmmmmooooooottttthhhh and the drag appears to have the capability to slow the Sunlander down a tad....can't wait to get into some timber.......Cheers Mate till we share a beer again Whitto

A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE
17-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Cheers Whitto,
$1.18 for a first metre fish is pretty special. I can see his grin from here.
JM

Obi _ Wan
17-07-2008, 04:25 PM
G'Day Whitto,

That's great fish for your mate to gain his first metre class fish, good on him, i hope he soon gets plenty more.

There is nothing like catching your first metre fish, something you never forget.

Cheers,
John.

Whitto
17-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Cheers Whitto,
$1.18 for a first metre fish is pretty special. I can see his grin from here.
JM
Thanks Johnny, He will be chuffed it's taken a while to crack the Magic Meter...He certainly has plenty of runs on the board sub-meter....so yeah he will be very pleased with himself.....Cheers Whitto

Whitto
17-07-2008, 04:47 PM
G'Day Whitto,

That's great fish for your mate to gain his first metre class fish, good on him, i hope he soon gets plenty more.

There is nothing like catching your first metre fish, something you never forget.

Cheers,
John. G'Day John, Not too shabby at all at $1.18...I doubt he will ever forget that....A bit like your first bash at Horizontal Gymnastics mate U don't forget that in a hurry.....Cheers Mate

Steve B
17-07-2008, 05:01 PM
G'Day John, Not too shabby at all at $1.18...I doubt he will ever forget that....A bit like your first bash at Horizontal Gymnastics mate U don't forget that in a hurry.....Cheers Mate

And probably lasts longer too!!!;D ;D

BR65
17-07-2008, 07:12 PM
gday whitto, you watch ya cobber smack the meteries now, first ones the hardest (trust me I know), be no stopping him now

from the differant reports, sounds like the puddles goin ok

cheers
brian

Whitto
17-07-2008, 07:19 PM
gday whitto, you watch ya cobber smack the meteries now, first ones the hardest (trust me I know), be no stopping him now

from the differant reports, sounds like the puddles goin ok

cheers
brian G'Day Brian Your right the first metery is the benchmark I know personally all I want now is to increase the PB.......I know he is rapped.....definatedly next year Brian Iam going to continue going to Mondy periodically and not stop for the winter....this year made be a once off who knows....can't see me waiting till November I reckon Ill hit Mondy around Late September early October....were sure to catch up down the track....Cheers Mate

BR65
17-07-2008, 07:33 PM
september for me mate, just earning brownie points at the moment

vet
17-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Sounds like Monduran still is the place to go for big fish. Congratulate your mate, 118s are hard to come by. I might have to hitch up the boat and come down for a drive on the weekend. nice fish scott

Obi _ Wan
17-07-2008, 09:39 PM
G'Day John, Not too shabby at all at $1.18...I doubt he will ever forget that....A bit like your first bash at Horizontal Gymnastics mate U don't forget that in a hurry.....Cheers Mate

Whitto, Good one mate ILMFAO.

Only difference is, we used to call it Horizontal "Folk Dancing", and your right you don't forget it and neither will your mate with his $1.18.

Cheers,
John.

Awoonga
17-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Sounds like Monduran still is the place to go for big fish. Congratulate your mate, 118s are hard to come by. I might have to hitch up the boat and come down for a drive on the weekend. nice fish scott:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE
18-07-2008, 08:54 AM
;D The 'rumour' will bounce back to here pretty soon.
JM

Steve B
18-07-2008, 11:41 AM
;) rumours... on this forum... Mr Mitchell please;) ;D

Awoonga
18-07-2008, 12:34 PM
No it wont...but if it does its only a rumor

Whitto
18-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Sarcasm, Porkies, White lies, and exageration yes............But never never Rumors.....Whitto;D

A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE
18-07-2008, 07:10 PM
I think this one is a bit more than a rumour, even though it will start as one.
Some times we have to wait patiently. Some blokes don't say much and keep a bit to themselves. Usually the quiet blokes hold the good stories. It's not my space to say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if anything gets said at all that is! Hundreds of good fishing yarns get kept hush hush along our coastline. That's the good part. Every town needs a sleepy story. I might write another book and call it the book of 'SILENCE', 300 pages of no words! To go off track, there is an old blue ute that visits Awoonga quite often, a quiet smart bloke that cathces plenty on all and sundry. You will hear more of him when the time is right, but for now he is just a silent achiever with skill to burn. Anyone know him? Most wouldn't. Quiet success, don't we love it.
Johnny M

Whitto
18-07-2008, 07:43 PM
THE QUITE ACHIEVER'S... JM, They go about their business with a modicum of fuss..... Will have a photo of the Mates Metery tomorrow he coming over to download it..so we can all have a look see......Whitto

Tropicaltrout
18-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Nice way to break the metrey barrier Greg;) . Ok now all we have to do mate is get up there and nail a couple ourselves;D

Cheers Nath

Whitto
18-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Nice way to break the metrey barrier Greg;) . Ok now all we have to do mate is get up there and nail a couple ourselves;D

Cheers Nath No doubt about it Nath...I will be giving it my best shot and them some:P

Awoonga
19-07-2008, 01:09 PM
I think this one is a bit more than a rumour, even though it will start as one.
Some times we have to wait patiently. Some blokes don't say much and keep a bit to themselves. Usually the quiet blokes hold the good stories. It's not my space to say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if anything gets said at all that is! Hundreds of good fishing yarns get kept hush hush along our coastline. That's the good part. Every town needs a sleepy story. I might write another book and call it the book of 'SILENCE', 300 pages of no words! To go off track, there is an old blue ute that visits Awoonga quite often, a quiet smart bloke that cathces plenty on all and sundry. You will hear more of him when the time is right, but for now he is just a silent achiever with skill to burn. Anyone know him? Most wouldn't. Quiet success, don't we love it.
Johnny M

Had the pleasure to fish with him ...One Swiched on Dude

A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE
19-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Ya Trev, Quiet and able hey. For contrast of skill levels, he is currently guiding clients in the Capricorn Channel for deepwater fish and then off to Shoalwater bay to play with big spanish mackerel and mudcrabs.
I hope your bags are packed for Mondays exploration.
JM

vet
21-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Hi Johnnie, Trev told me you wanted some fish photos, but I can't work out how to attach them to a pm, but I have some at the surgery if you want to drop in any time. The guy in the blue ute is not just a quiet achiever but is a genuinely nice guy to talk to about barra fishing as well. I love having a chat with him at the ramp in the dead of night. cheers scott.

NAGG
21-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Hi Johnnie, Trev told me you wanted some fish photos, but I can't work out how to attach them to a pm, but I have some at the surgery if you want to drop in any time. The guy in the blue ute is not just a quiet achiever but is a genuinely nice guy to talk to about barra fishing as well. I love having a chat with him at the ramp in the dead of night. cheers scott.

I can picture the conversation now ........ in Gladstone speak ( riddles) or telepathy;) ;D ........ I'm sure they are Gladstone locals that are in the Hilux TRD Supercharged ute add;D

A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE
22-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Scott,
Thanks for trying. I'll track you down somewhere one day for a chat and a peak.
I have seen one pic, well done; I love photographs, the more the better. Old mate- blue ute- good fella. ;)
Thanks, JM

Nagg, Old utes and new utes up this way, and yea plenty of sign language and conversations that would make a lot of listeners wonder what plant is being smoked, but that happens in all sports where players are on different levels,
(not talking about the smoking),,,,,,,,,,,,bit like walking into a doctor's surgery and asking the doc to speak in a language that can be understood by non-studied, non medical patients.
The wierdest fishing conversations I ever have are with the bloke in the old blue ute,,,why????,,,,,,,,,,,,because he understands my wierd in depth lingo. It would be a funny scene Nagg, to be a fly on the wall beside some conversations at ramps between all types of anglers. It is funny you mention conversations as many anglers at the ramp ask questions and they already have planted in their head what answers they want to hear, but when they get an answer that doesn't sound easy they lose interest.
"Where do I fish?".........I give them a 100 word answer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they really wanted me to point and tell them exactly what tree to fish beside.
"What lure?"..................I give them another 50-100 word answer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they really wanted to hear me say,,,,,,," Tie on a red lure and cast near that tree"!
"When do we fish?",,,,,,,,,,,,I give another fair answer,,,,,,,,and by this time they almost want to walk away because they just want a simple answer. Simple answers don't work in a complex fishery. It is a bit like asking the head olympic coach what food to eat two days before your olympic event,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,he gives you a careful in depth list ,,but all you wanna hear is"maccas!".
Sometimes what we want to hear and what gets delivered is too hard to percieve until more material is given.
I reckon you and I could have great conversations on fishing since you have experience behind you and an open book mind.................or maybe Trev has corrupted you already. I hear you are fishing ABT this year. Good luck. I am sure you will do well.
Cheers,
JM
Cheers,
JM

Little grey men
22-07-2008, 01:01 PM
What sort of red lure and which tree Johnny ???..... ;)

Steve B
22-07-2008, 02:47 PM
What sort of red lure and which tree Johnny ???..... ;)

LOL LGM!! Too tru JM. MMMmmmmm .....Maccas!!;) ;D

NAGG
22-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Scott,
Thanks for trying. I'll track you down somewhere one day for a chat and a peak.
I have seen one pic, well done; I love photographs, the more the better. Old mate- blue ute- good fella. ;)
Thanks, JM

Nagg, Old utes and new utes up this way, and yea plenty of sign language and conversations that would make a lot of listeners wonder what plant is being smoked, but that happens in all sports where players are on different levels,
(not talking about the smoking),,,,,,,,,,,,bit like walking into a doctor's surgery and asking the doc to speak in a language that can be understood by non-studied, non medical patients.
The wierdest fishing conversations I ever have are with the bloke in the old blue ute,,,why????,,,,,,,,,,,,because he understands my wierd in depth lingo. It would be a funny scene Nagg, to be a fly on the wall beside some conversations at ramps between all types of anglers. It is funny you mention conversations as many anglers at the ramp ask questions and they already have planted in their head what answers they want to hear, but when they get an answer that doesn't sound easy they lose interest.
"Where do I fish?".........I give them a 100 word answer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they really wanted me to point and tell them exactly what tree to fish beside.
"What lure?"..................I give them another 50-100 word answer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they really wanted to hear me say,,,,,,," Tie on a red lure and cast near that tree"!
"When do we fish?",,,,,,,,,,,,I give another fair answer,,,,,,,,and by this time they almost want to walk away because they just want a simple answer. Simple answers don't work in a complex fishery. It is a bit like asking the head olympic coach what food to eat two days before your olympic event,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,he gives you a careful in depth list ,,but all you wanna hear is"maccas!".
Sometimes what we want to hear and what gets delivered is too hard to percieve until more material is given.
I reckon you and I could have great conversations on fishing since you have experience behind you and an open book mind.................or maybe Trev has corrupted you already. I hear you are fishing ABT this year. Good luck. I am sure you will do well.
Cheers,
JM
Cheers,
JM

JM ...... Thanks for that in depth reply ,,,,, I think;)
Actually Trev ...... did more for my enthusiasm & desire to learn more about these wonderful fish !!! (Yeh .... thinking about it ... Trev did corrupt my mind;D )!
The ABT is going to be a big step up for me ...... but one that I'm driven to take!
Next year ......... I start to learn subtleties once I'm living in the IBD State :)

Cheers

Chris

Whitto
22-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Hey, Chris just treat the ABT like any other Barra trip....you'll be in like flynn....Whitto;D

NAGG
22-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Hey, Chris just treat the ABT like any other Barra trip....you'll be in like flynn....Whitto;D

Hmmm ...... I think there is a bit more to it & attention to detail ........ not to mention the importance of the prefish ........ I'll enjoy it , but more focused:)

Cheers

Chris

A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE
23-07-2008, 04:03 PM
LGM,
"a 5 inch red nilsmaster invincible up near the mango trees in Futter Creek!"
That is what people want to hear.
Cheers,
Johnny

Little grey men
23-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Cheers Johnny, I'll bring you back some mangoes ;D

NAGG
23-07-2008, 07:13 PM
LGM,
"a 5 inch red nilsmaster invincible up near the mango trees in Futter Creek!"
That is what people want to hear.
Cheers,
Johnny

Lets stop dicking around here ! - What GPS Co-ordinates ??? ........;D

A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE
24-07-2008, 07:22 AM
LGM,
Cheers for the mango offer, but it will be a matter of keeping the mangoes yourself for energy and possibly taking a chair and a tent. An automatic caster will be handy, but eventually after a trillion casts, and when rain or drought bring water levels to a suitable height and only when the list of fishing variables come together will a good barra will jump on your line with that red lure at "Mango Smoothie Bay".
Nagg, There will be too many people there now to get an accurate reading of long and lat, just look for mango seeds and auto casters.
Cheers,
Jm

Little grey men
24-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Man this barra puzzle is getting confusing....mangoes, rubber frogs, ninja turtles and looking for blue utes in the dead of night. I'm still writing it all down but I gotta say that you barra folk are starting to worry me. ;D
Bass seem to be much easier. Or maybe this is more of that secret code stuff to put me off the scent.
I can just see it. In two years time I'll be driving my blue ute to Monduran at midnight to toss mango flavoured rubber frogs while wearing my ninja turtle suit.;) ol' Homer better watch out....I'm on my way.

A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE
24-07-2008, 11:26 AM
don't forget the auto caster

NAGG
24-07-2008, 01:37 PM
don't forget the auto caster

Daiwa or Shimano ?

Can you get Erskine upgrades ?:D :P

Little grey men
24-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Daiwa or Shimano ?

Can you get Erskine upgrades ?:D :P

Slow down there Nagg, I'm still working on the mango's mate....

Bowen or stringy JM ???

A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE
24-07-2008, 06:02 PM
stringy,,,just like me!