PDA

View Full Version : Trinity Inlet Cairns on Monday anyone?

Synful
17-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Afternoon all,

I've managed to secure a week off next week and hellbent on getting the boat wet after several weeks of being garaged due to the bloody wind.

So, I was going to give the inlet a crack on Monday for a few hours. Gentleman's hours would apply; 'bout an 8:30am - 9:00am launch @ Trawler Base ramp, get some livies and get set up for the tide change at 11:25am.

I have a 4.2m tinny (so one spot available only for comfort reasons) with no bimny at this stage, so a hat, long sleeved shirt and sunscreen will apply less you want to to 'get nuked' in the NQ sun ;D

Of course, the weather will have the final say as there are apparently a few scattered showers for the day looking at Seabreeze, but I'm hopefull that we'll get away with it all the same.

If interested, you'll need to bring:
Rod, reel etc.
Lunch
drinks (beer is ok, I choose not to drink when skippering but you're more than welcome to have a few if you want)We can work out bait; I'll be taking some poddy mullet from the tackle shop in case but I have a 10ft cast net so that shouldn't be an issue. Fuel share will be around $20.00 for the day / trip.

If the weather gods smile on us it should be a damn good day; with a bit of luck a few fish into the bargain ::)

GAD
17-07-2008, 07:43 PM
G'day Andrew,
gee half your luck mate I hope it fines up for you, and the week off is good , some of us have to work , there are still some barra in the inlet and up the creeks , and the mack's are apparently out the end lead , so I been told , it has been real shite weather lately and can't get out to find out myself so I hope Saturday nite Sunday morning is good, and I might get the boat wet.

Greg

Synful
17-07-2008, 09:10 PM
G'day Andrew,
gee half your luck mate I hope it fines up for you, and the week off is good , some of us have to work , there are still some barra in the inlet and up the creeks , and the mack's are apparently out the end lead , so I been told , it has been real shite weather lately and can't get out to find out myself so I hope Saturday nite Sunday morning is good, and I might get the boat wet.

Greg

G'day Greg,

I'm hoping that Sunday is going to be OK, wouldn't mind going out to the first wreck off Double island and soaking a pilchard and a set of 5/0 gangs.

Just looked at Seabreeze and it's blowing around 17 knots Sunday morning so unless that dies down a bit, looks like the boat will be staying in the garage again till Monday when I hit the inlet :-/

Speaking of the inlet, I'm hoping that the forecast rain doesn't eventuate on Monday; I'm so desperate for a fish it's not funny. :'(

FNQCairns
18-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Hi Andrew great minds think alike, I just sent you a PM to see if you were up for Sunday offshore and was going to post a general invite...it's all about desperation and these new seasick pills I will try in a baptism of chunder - hopefully not:( :):).

cheers fnq

Synful
18-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Hi Andrew great minds think alike, I just sent you a PM to see if you were up for Sunday offshore and was going to post a general invite...it's all about desperation and these new seasick pills I will try in a baptism of chunder - hopefully not:( :):).

cheers fnq

Ahh, nothing like a bit of extra berley!! ::)

Sunday is looking a bit rough but hell, I'm up for it if you are!

pubgolf
23-07-2008, 08:15 PM
LETS GO!

:thumbsup:

Rod

Synful
24-07-2008, 02:16 PM
LETS GO!

:thumbsup:

Rod

Hi Rod,

As luck would have it - I ended up spending Sunday night through Wednesday up at Cairns Base Hospital with my little boy after he was diagnosed with pneumonia (http://www.agt.id.au/?p=168) :( He was released yesterday thankfully with a new lease on life

So needless to say my trip to the inlet didn't eventuate. I am considering one on Sunday though if you're still interested?

fivefishes
28-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Andrew,

Let me know when you are keen for a trip to those wrecks, i'll tag along in my rig, 445 Dory, set up with centre console and T-Top. I know it's good to have company if you haven't done much offshore. Have you got yourself an epirb yet?
You'll get to the 2nd wreck in good weather in your rig, way better fishing too, check out my avatar, caught there about 6 weeks ago.

Cheers,

Matt

Synful
28-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Andrew,

Let me know when you are keen for a trip to those wrecks, i'll tag along in my rig, 445 Dory, set up with centre console and T-Top. I know it's good to have company if you haven't done much offshore. Have you got yourself an epirb yet?
You'll get to the 2nd wreck in good weather in your rig, way better fishing too, check out my avatar, caught there about 6 weeks ago.

Cheers,

Matt

G'day Matt, Sounds good and will let you know.

Nope, no EPIRB as yet but is on the agenda after lights this year for chasing Barra after dark (gotta get budget approval for expenditure over $1000.00 from the "Minister for Finance, Misery and Social Activities") ::)

Had a look at the PSW ruling for Cairns (http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/resources/file/eb0d264ab2a2ddc/Pdf_s8sw14cairns.pdf) and the second wreck appears to be *just* outside it (but it looks borderline from what I can understand) unfortunately. Have been out there once on a good day but couldn't get the anchor to hold; so rather than piss people off I headed back to the first wreck for a while. Managed a school Mack just 4cm under size that day from the first wreck but nothing else :-/

The first wreck seems to be on the hit list for the guys from NQ Fish and Boat a fair bit so it must produce at some stage...

Regards,

Andrew.