PDA

View Full Version : mako estury tracker 4.4

lifestyle
16-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Gday has anyone been in a ride in one of these boats or own one. Interested on how they ride and handle at rest and in motion. I noticed they have a capacity for 5 people for smooth waters which is a plus as i have 3 young sons age 4 and under and the wife would love a day on the water also. And if you own one do you think a 30 hp 2 stoke would push it along ok. Thanks shane.

Red60
17-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Hi Shane,

I was looking at the Mako Craft estuary tracker, a while back. I took one for a test ride (435) when they were 'Stessl', same hull company now run by the Stessl son and daughter rather than dad. They are beautifully built boats. I test drove one with a 30HP yammy 2 stroke (3cyl). For such a small engine it did plane pretty quickly and rode very nicely with three on board, which is a credit to the hull design. It was exceptionally stable at rest. The Mako craft are finished really well, good welds, massive amount of storage, especially with the extended deck and attention to detail is high. My opinion anyway, but I would highly recommend the Mako Craft ET from my experience. Organise a test ride with your local dealer with the outboard you want. They only way you will be truly happy is to try it out before shelling out the cash, and realising you want / need a bigger motor.

BARRAkid
17-07-2008, 12:25 PM
have been 70km of land in a 440 and it handled it piss easy and it was quite ruff great boat ride nice the one my mate has was a standed decked out 440 with a 40 merc and he changed it to a side console and put a 60 4 stroke yammy on the back.
30hp will be way under powered if you are getting a 440 that is decked out go 50hp or 60hp they are quite heavy.
my mates does 60kmh with the 60 yammy and 2 people and a few rods ;)

lifestyle
17-07-2008, 05:52 PM
thanks guys . I will look at one soon. It will be the basic mako edge tracker alloy hull . I don't like to many bells and wistles on a tinnie. Just a fish finder .No fulse floor required . specs seem quite good Beam of 2 mtrs 4.4 long 3mm bottom 1.6mm sides depth of about .91cm and hull weight is about 160kg. Similar weight to the 4.2 quintrex dory but with a wder beam. Will post what i think of them when i see one in the yard.

BARRAkid
17-07-2008, 07:45 PM
a 30hp will go ok on a no frills 440 but if you want that little bit more speed or helps when you are carying more people .

lifestyle
20-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Just had a look at one and they are a very nice hull design. I could't beleive how wide they were. Appeared to be a very well designed hull with a few nice extras. Although a full floor would benifit the rig. Looks like i will have to sell the little tinnie soon so i can place my order while the wife is keen so keep an eye out in the for sale section if your looking.

Nico.d.R
20-07-2008, 05:09 PM
mate i got a 4m HD tinny , i think it is a similar hull design , its 2m wide 1m deep and 4m long and it does about 40k's with a 25 johno on it , its rated for a 30 which i intend on putting on there once i get the cash . I have added the front deck and im adding the back at the moment and when i had it built i got them to put the gunnels (side decks) and a drop in floor in . It cost an extra 900 bucks (600 for side decks 300 drop in floor) but it was worth it , well the side decks were i could have made the floor for half the price . the gunnels really strengthin the boat it feels real solid . It handles well with 2 adults and 2 kids and goes good out the front aswell . Hope that helps you out if you want to have a spin to see how it goes let me know .

cheers nico