PDA

View Full Version : Installation of QL Trim Tabs?

rat_catcher
16-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Yesterday I bought a set of QL Trim Tabs from Fisher Boats to go onto my Signature 702L. Firstly I want to say I was impressed with the service from Fisher. Very helpful on the phone. Good price. And when I told them I wanted to get them ASAP, the young girl took them to the Post Office and sent them right away for me overnight and I had them this morning.

I also called another dealer in Brisbane and had a totally different experience! Amazing what a different attitude in Customer Service makes for the purchaser. Thanks Col for having a good crew of people to deal with.

Anyway now to my real question. I have read the manuals and they look relatively easy to install. I have access into the stern area of my boat so shouldn't have any worries there, but was just wondering about any tips people might have for the install. Any gotchas? Anything specific to look out for or be careful of?

Vitamin Sea
16-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Speaking from experience, a couple of things

Position of the floor of the boat ( If that's a issue ) in relation to the 30 odd mm main hole, you don't want to drill into the floor.

Make sure that when you drill the large hole you drill it at the correct angle of the transom, ie; make sure you drill squarely to the transom angle.

Flow coat inside the main hole, but make sure it all fits before you do::)

Hope this make sense, feel free to ring if you wish, pm for number

Regards

VS

Spaniard_King
16-07-2008, 02:53 PM
also.. I would raise them up 2mm from standard ( had to shave my stbd one as it hung down and was dragging)

everything else is pretty straight forward

rat_catcher
16-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Hope this make sense............
Yep all makes sense. Thanks for the feedback.

rat_catcher
16-07-2008, 10:45 PM
also.. I would raise them up 2mm from standard ( had to shave my stbd one as it hung down and was dragging)

everything else is pretty straight forward

Good one. Thanks Garry. I have read the installation manual a few times today and it all looks pretty simple. I will probably make a start on them tomorrow.

rat_catcher
18-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Well I got started late this afternoon and have all of the holes drilled now. I moved them up by 2mm as per Garry's advice. Will fit up the outside units in the morning and then spend some time running the cables inside the boat. Everything is going well so far.

CB77
22-07-2008, 11:10 PM
Hi,

Please let us know how much better the boat is with the tabs & if it was worth the $$ and effort.

Ive been thinking about putting them on my 550C Signature.

rat_catcher
24-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Hi,

Please let us know how much better the boat is with the tabs & if it was worth the $$ and effort.

Ive been thinking about putting them on my 550C Signature.
Yeah no problem. Will definitely post my results once I get her back on the water!