View Full Version : Life Jacket

Seahorse
15-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Where can i get a life jacket for under 10kg

Cheers
Greg

Benno1
15-07-2008, 07:47 PM
BCF carry jackets for the kids...Whitworths or any decent chandlery place i recon mate...

Carruss
15-07-2008, 08:47 PM
BCF carry jackets for the kids...Whitworths or any decent chandlery place i recon mate...

I was in BCF today looking at some for the kids (but as they were at school a bit pointless as I would want them to try them first) and they have some reduced by about $9 at the moment.

Carruss.

DR
15-07-2008, 10:11 PM
was in BigW at Underwood the other day & they have a range of ET lifejackets, from memory the kids ones were about $45. they look similar to the hutchwilco & a lot cheaper. Came in small sizes, also had fireline for $19 if anyone is interested..

plaztix
15-07-2008, 10:27 PM
I think you might struggle to find one rated for under 10kg.

I am looking for one for my little fella at the moment, (he's a skinny tall 12kg) theres some cheap rubbish out there that i wouldn't trust for my kid. Its one thing i wouldn't skimp on.

Take the little one to Bias or Whitworths and try them on.

flybloke
15-07-2008, 11:12 PM
A couple of years ago I bought My little boy a Burke Matrix L1 in the 12-25kg size. He was only about 12 kgs and was a little bulky but still a firm fit.
Two years later he is now Four , Can Swim and its the optimum size for him . He will get this coming summer out of it and then its a new one.
Burke do make a 10-12 KG size.
My requirements for little boys and girls vests are, Pull handle at the back coller for picking them out of the water(They dont all have this)
A crotch strap is a must. And comfort and movement< Important, The little one needs to be able to keep head up when in the water and have arm movement to keep it that way.
Playing with them in the water while they have one on is a good thing.
The Burke Matrix is a good buy.

Seahorse
16-07-2008, 06:41 PM
thanks guys

greg