PDA

View Full Version : Better Than Frogs !!!

NAGG
15-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Hi Ausfishers

With all the current interest in fishing surface frogs for barra , I thought I might cash in on the craze & make a bit of money:P
With inspiration gained from all the turtles found at Awoonga ........ I've come up with the following

TMNT 150 ..Awoonga Special.

This lure can be fizzed on the surface or by some simple adjustments of the appendages ....... can be made to dive to any depth.
Lure includes Owner ST-66 2/O upgrades
Wt is about 45 grams ...... so it casts like a rock!

I hope you like this versatile barra lure !

Kowabunga dudes

Nagg

30859 ......30860

A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE
15-07-2008, 04:10 PM
**can't stop laughing!

Whitto
15-07-2008, 04:14 PM
You seriously need Psychiatric intervention Chris.......everyone knows that the colour is all wrong and not a stinger to be seen anywhere......How on earth are u going to get a surf rod in amongst the timber...cause Im guessing thats what u need to cast .........Whitto:-/:-[;D PS On closer inspection the stinger is strategically located in the nether regions

Little grey men
15-07-2008, 04:20 PM
The product of idle hands and a disturbed imagination, in other words a kindred spirit.... In the words of my little boy "Does barra eat turtles ?"

Love ya work NAGG !!!

the_matrix
15-07-2008, 04:24 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thats gold Chris!
Better check the boys toy chest and upgrade!
Jas

NAGG
15-07-2008, 04:41 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thats gold Chris!
Better check the boys toy chest and upgrade!
Jas

Jas / Rod / Johnny ..... Here is one for you , make one up ..... with a little more effort than mine
& when fishing is slow or hot ( with the right client) pull out one of these & start to tie it on ......... What a crack up;D ;D ;D

Cheers

Nagg

the_matrix
15-07-2008, 04:52 PM
;D Off to the shed I go!!!

Big_Ren
15-07-2008, 04:52 PM
ROTFLMAO;D ;D ;D

Chris....that's one of the funniest things I have seen for a while. I'm with Johnny....my face has cramped up from laughing.

You gotta swim that big boy I tell ya.....rip it across the surface (clears all weeds in its path).

Stick one leg down and it will swim in circles.....think about it.......you only have to cast once a day....no retrieve required........just some crafty rod work;)

How many colours does he come in? Wrap in tin foil for some extra vibration.

Good one.

Cheers
Paul

Barraboss
15-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Chris,

You are one twisted, funny fella :) I am still laughing at your lure that I am sure will create quite a stir amongst the IBD fraternity.

Catch up with you soon

Matt

NAGG
15-07-2008, 04:59 PM
You seriously need Psychiatric intervention Chris.......everyone knows that the colour is all wrong and not a stinger to be seen anywhere......How on earth are u going to get a surf rod in amongst the timber...cause Im guessing thats what u need to cast .........Whitto:-/:-[;D PS On closer inspection the stinger is strategically located in the nether regions

I was going to say ...... there is most certainly a stinger. ::)

You use a black bass rod with it ...... because its going to get smashed by only meterys

Colours will include

Evil Turtle
Technicolour turtle
Tortoise shell ;D
Wasabi Turtle
Flash turtle

They are going to be produced under the Kowabunga label & manufactured by Megga Tortoise ......... Shimano were only interested if it was a Bushy design;)

NAGG
15-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Chris,

You are one twisted, funny fella :) I am still laughing at your lure that I am sure will create quite a stir amongst the IBD fraternity.

Catch up with you soon

Matt

Matt ..... Could you imagine pulling it out at an ABT event presentation;D The go to lure!!!

Better get back to my padded room !

Cheers

Chris

STIFFWORM
15-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Looks the goods but does the TMNT come with Manufacturers Declaration?

NAGG
15-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Looks the goods but does the TMNT come with Manufacturers Declaration?

Its a hardbody lure .. !

Nagg

spears
15-07-2008, 06:27 PM
I can see your onto something big here..this is how bill gates started..lol

NAGG
15-07-2008, 06:47 PM
I can see your onto something big here..this is how bill gates started..lol

Microsoft are designing the software for version 2 ( with cast / swim control) ...... it comes along with its own food supply - bugs! ;D

nagg

warrior
15-07-2008, 06:52 PM
had a good laugh at it ,it will definately turn heads when you pull it out to tie on does his mates have any say in it as well ,i think there is 3 more in the gang.

NAGG
15-07-2008, 07:09 PM
had a good laugh at it ,it will definately turn heads when you pull it out to tie on does his mates have any say in it as well ,i think there is 3 more in the gang.

Keep it quiet ...... They will be the names of the future upgrades;D

Tropicaltrout
15-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Thats gold chris, you could practice cast in the backyard and snag a 4 year old metrey.

You would think only the juvanile fish would take it??

Cheers Nath

NAGG
15-07-2008, 08:02 PM
Thats gold chris, you could practice cast in the backyard and snag a 4 year old metrey.

You would think only the juvanile fish would take it??

Cheers Nath

Nath ..... You should see how it goes with a little "S factor" on it !!! ........ not only 4 YOs but their mummas too;)

Chris

Sniper
15-07-2008, 08:37 PM
I got to get me some of those. Where can I get them from??
Whats next in your range? Transformers?? When you want a big mumma, pull out Optomus Prime hey??
Bill

NAGG
15-07-2008, 08:44 PM
I got to get me some of those. Where can I get them from??
Whats next in your range? Transformers?? When you want a big mumma, pull out Optomus Prime hey??
Bill

Good thinking 99 :P

Nagg

Obi _ Wan
15-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Chris,--Chris,--- Chris, I read this post some time ago and have not been able to type a reply as i have been rolling around on the floor. I have not laughed so much for many years, really pure "GOLD" mate.

You know you may just fool a fish with that!

When you extend the range don't forget the master rat.

Thanks for the laugh mate, keep it up, bloody great.

Cheers,
John.

NAGG
15-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Chris,--Chris,--- Chris, I read this post some time ago and have not been able to type a reply as i have been rolling around on the floor. I have not laughed so much for many years, really pure "GOLD" mate.

You know you may just fool a fish with that!

When you extend the range don't forget the master rat.

Thanks for the laugh mate, keep it up, bloody great.

Cheers,
John.

John .... with all the lures that you carry , I'm sure you have something like it ::) ;)
Chris

PS .... I hope you've been well .... & hopefully we'll catch up soon

Steve B
15-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Its official!!! you HAVE lost the plot Chris;D;D;D;D

;DThat cracked me up...

Good on ya mate. Funniest thing I've seen here yet!!

Steve

Obi _ Wan
15-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Yeah not bad thanks Chris, been dog sitting for my son and his missus they are in the States at the moment and yes i gave them a long shopping list. He has been to the Bass Pro shop twice now and maybe will go again. Got another week before they are back and i can get my hands on the goodies.

Looking at heading back to Awoonga in August for a week and then three weeks at Faust in October, can't bloody wait, twitch---twitch---twitch.

Hey i might have a few lures , but i don't have a TMNT like the one that you have dragged out of the Cooks River and stuck a big hook up its clacker.

Cheers,
John.

2manylures
15-07-2008, 09:43 PM
As funny as it is I think they've aready been made by RELIC LURES in the US.

They do cartoon charactors, movie stars & some weird ones.

NAGG
15-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Its official!!! you HAVE lost the plot Chris;D;D;D;D

;DThat cracked me up...

Good on ya mate. Funniest thing I've seen here yet!!

Steve

Steve ...... I'm so disappointed that no one is taking me seriously :-[ This lure is going to be the next big thing ! ....... I can see it now ....... Harro doing a segment on "The Fishing DVD" ........ with Starlo ! ....... I've even started to write the script ( Starlo ...... With the influx of the affluent western oriental gentlemen on our northern freshwater impoundments ....... & a preoccupation with the separation of Lates Calcarifer from these pristine environments ....... Its no wonder that they employ the services of a well known living legend like Rod!!! ) - - - ( Rod..... -Yep!)

Now how good is that ??

Nagg

NAGG
15-07-2008, 09:55 PM
As funny as it is I think they've aready been made by RELIC LURES in the US.

They do cartoon charactors, movie stars & some weird ones.

I bet those Chinese copied my prototypes & sold them to the Yanks!

however ...... If they did , knowing the Yanks ...... They will be using lite gauge Gamakatsu hooks:(

Nagg

2manylures
15-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Here's a link to some I found whilst browsing around.

http://lureandmore.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=1417

BR65
15-07-2008, 10:49 PM
duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, your blowin me away, duuuuuuuuuuuuude

NAGG
15-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Yeah not bad thanks Chris, been dog sitting for my son and his missus they are in the States at the moment and yes i gave them a long shopping list. He has been to the Bass Pro shop twice now and maybe will go again. Got another week before they are back and i can get my hands on the goodies.

Looking at heading back to Awoonga in August for a week and then three weeks at Faust in October, can't bloody wait, twitch---twitch---twitch.

Hey i might have a few lures , but i don't have a TMNT like the one that you have dragged out of the Cooks River and stuck a big hook up its clacker.

Cheers,
John.

John ..... Get your son to grab a 5 LED cap lamp from Bass pro ( $10)30893 .... Best buy going! ......... + your Rapala X Raps 12s & jointed8-)

Good to see that you are well ......... maybe we can catch up for a fish later this year but certainly 2009

Cheers

Chris

NAGG
15-07-2008, 11:03 PM
duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, your blowin me away, duuuuuuuuuuuuude

So dude ... you reckon they could be pretty gnarly ?

Naggster

BR65
15-07-2008, 11:29 PM
So dude ... you reckon they could be pretty gnarly ?

Naggster

totally awesome bro, those turtle thingys just like, spin me out8-)

NAGG
15-07-2008, 11:33 PM
totally awesome bro, those turtle thingys just like, spin me out8-)

Yeh dude they're like totally radical dude! ..... .... shite Brian we better back off here::)

Kowabunga

Chris

BR65
15-07-2008, 11:44 PM
chris, ya need to get out of nsw and up to where the sun shines mate, your threads are betraying your fixation with lates calcifer

cheers
brian

Little grey men
16-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Jas / Rod / Johnny ..... Here is one for you , make one up ..... with a little more effort than mine
& when fishing is slow or hot ( with the right client) pull out one of these & start to tie it on ......... What a crack up;D ;D ;D

Cheers

Nagg

But you must remember to quietly sing the theme song from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as you tie it on, then go into a KungFu stance when casting.
As soon as the barra strikes scream out....HEEEYAAAAAAA !!!!! and violently and repeatedly whip the fish on the head with the tip of the rod.
Now that would make for some entertaining DVD action, and wide eyed clients.
Start mass producing NAGG, I'll charge up the batteries for the handycam.
Jas, you take the boys to see Kung Fu Panda to gather some ideas. Lets roll.
......righteous.

NAGG
16-07-2008, 10:04 AM
chris, ya need to get out of nsw and up to where the sun shines mate, your threads are betraying your fixation with lates calcifer

cheers
brian

& leave my Toxic waste dump with radglow bream ...... just to fish for barra in pristine waters ::) .......

Chris

Roo
16-07-2008, 10:07 AM
truly sad where the IBD can take you. Chris, you need help. Book a flight and a charter. before you start scouring bargain stores for other creature-lure alternatives.

NAGG
16-07-2008, 10:10 AM
But you must remember to quietly sing the theme song from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as you tie it on, then go into a KungFu stance when casting.
As soon as the barra strikes scream out....HEEEYAAAAAAA !!!!! and violently and repeatedly whip the fish on the head with the tip of the rod.
Now that would make for some entertaining DVD action, and wide eyed clients.
Start mass producing NAGG, I'll charge up the batteries for the handycam.
Jas, you take the boys to see Kung Fu Panda to gather some ideas. Lets roll.
......righteous.

LGM ...... I think you're onto a good marketing theme there! There is one major fault with the lure though - They go missing from the tackle box:-/ .... but only when children are around!

Chris

NAGG
16-07-2008, 10:13 AM
truly sad where the IBD can take you. Chris, you need help. Book a flight and a charter. before you start scouring bargain stores for other creature-lure alternatives.

Roo ...... I'm a sad sad case! IBD affects me badly:(

Cheers

Chris

Little grey men
16-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Roo ...... I'm a sad sad case! IBD affects me badly

Not that we've noticed ;)

Steve B
16-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Roo ...... I'm a sad sad case! IBD affects me badly:(

Cheers

Chris

Nah....really.....we would never had guessed!!;) :D

Chris. My daughter has a couple of wiggles dolls lying around, you might be able to convert them for me. I hear the purple 'jeff' colour is popular on overcast days!;D They are a soft material.....no rattles!!;) ;D

Steve

NAGG
16-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Nah....really.....we would never had guessed!!;) :D

Chris. My daughter has a couple of wiggles dolls lying around, you might be able to convert them for me. I hear the purple 'jeff' colour is popular on overcast days!;D They are a soft material.....no rattles!!;) ;D

Steve

Hi Steve

You mean the Jeff in Evil minnow;D
IBD is sad ........ but its a bit of fun during winter ........... Come next year , No more IBD ............ As there will be a well worn trail to the clinics:)

BR65
16-07-2008, 05:21 PM
why do I have this persistant image in my head of chris standing at the bow of his hornet, early morn on a spring day, eyeing off a gnarly mondy snag in 20 foot of water, loomis in hand, zillion spooled with 50, twisted leader adorned with some strange green plastic thingy, softly singing to himself thru pursed lips that old 70's song "now every one was kung fu fighting"

NAGG
16-07-2008, 05:44 PM
why do I have this persistant image in my head of chris standing at the bow of his hornet, early morn on a spring day, eyeing off a gnarly mondy snag in 20 foot of water, loomis in hand, zillion spooled with 50, twisted leader adorned with some strange green plastic thingy, softly singing to himself thru pursed lips that old 70's song "now every one was kung fu fighting"

Brian ...... Its such an easy image to picture though
Kowwwaabungaaaaa!!!!

I may have to get that photo ..... & change my Avatar:D

Cheers

Chris

BR65
16-07-2008, 05:47 PM
gday mate, I had a look at the time on my last nites posts, holy cr*p, no wonder I was tired when I got up at 5 this morning to go to work, really must cut back on those beers after tuesday nite touch footy

BR65
16-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Brian ...... Its such an easy image to picture though
Kowwwaabungaaaaa!!!!

I may have to get that photo ..... & change my Avatar:D

Cheers

Chris

mandatory headband bandanna with asian type writting on it mate??????:o

PaulMark
16-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Microsoft are designing the software for version 2 ( with cast / swim control) ...... it comes along with its own food supply - bugs! ;D

nagg
Nagg,Nagg wake up son.Your having hallucinations again.The only cure is...
get to Monduran immediately before it becomes terminal:o ;D
Paulo.

NAGG
16-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Nagg,Nagg wake up son.Your having hallucinations again.The only cure is...
get to Monduran immediately before it becomes terminal:o ;D
Paulo.

Paulo ...... I wish I could - but I'm too busy saving for the big Nov trip ( 3 weeks of IBD therapy)
Mind you ..... every time I think about going up - i'm slugged with something stupid like car rego , Insurance , smash repair after some inconsiderate bugger ran into me in a car park ..... & did the runner>:( ......... you know , these things!!!!:'(

Nagg

bayfisher
16-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Certainly different, but be careful not to infringe copyright ;D , see here;
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6931785.html

There are truly some strange lures out there on the internet I have found another lure you may want to add to the kit ;D ;D ;D

http://cgi.ebay.com/Handmade-chimpanzee-lure-New-sh12_W0QQitemZ320119643567QQihZ011QQcategoryZ31693 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers Chris

Obi _ Wan
16-07-2008, 11:10 PM
Chris, That's for sure there will be a barra trip or 5 when you get up here and in between we can smash a few Moreton Bay snapper on plastic.

Back to the TMNT and like things, have you ever seen a little duckling get booffed never to return to the surface? i have seen it happen a number of times now.

Just to keep you in tune until you make it to God's Country, perhaps you could get a few different colored plastic ducks, stick a hook up it's clacker, super glue a couple of squidgie tails as legs?? You could call them, "Naggs Quacker Slappers" or something as such.

Just got to keep your mind working mate!

Cheers,
John,

NAGG
16-07-2008, 11:26 PM
Chris, That's for sure there will be a barra trip or 5 when you get up here and in between we can smash a few Moreton Bay snapper on plastic.

Back to the TMNT and like things, have you ever seen a little duckling get booffed never to return to the surface? i have seen it happen a number of times now.

Just to keep you in tune until you make it to God's Country, perhaps you could get a few different colored plastic ducks, stick a hook up it's clacker, super glue a couple of squidgie tails as legs?? You could call them, "Naggs Quacker Slappers" or something as such.

Just got to keep your mind working mate!

Cheers,
John,

Just a few trips John ..... both Mondy & Awoonga will get a floggin ( destinations set in the GPS) ........ So spots will be available on a regular basis:)
No doubt ..... Snapps on the bay with plastix8-)

I've heard about ducks etc .... getting boofed! ........ but at this stage I'm going to stick with TMNT Awoonga Special:P

Mind is working ....... working on going around the twist;)

Cheers

Chris

Awoonga
17-07-2008, 07:01 AM
Just a few trips John ..... both Mondy & Awoonga will get a floggin ( destinations set in the GPS) ........ So spots will be available on a regular basis:)
No doubt ..... Snapps on the bay with plastix8-)

I've heard about ducks etc .... getting boofed! ........ but at this stage I'm going to stick with TMNT Awoonga Special:P

Mind is working ....... working on going around the twist;)

Cheers

Chris Chris.... you need water to fish in....You will be surprised that where you caught fish last time...The Cows are grazing now.....

NAGG
17-07-2008, 07:27 AM
Chris.... you need water to fish in....You will be surprised that where you caught fish last time...The Cows are grazing now.....

Hi Trev

Has it really dropped that far :o ...... I guess its being pumped out for industry:(

Thanks

Chris

TinarooTriumph
18-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Well... I have a mate who has trolled up Barra in the Endeavour River in Cooktown on a Thong (feet thong!) so anythings possible mate! Great laugh... put them Toohey's away for awile now ok?!?!?!

I tell you what... If you can honestly, with pictures, catch fish with that I will get you drinks when your up this way next. That or a a few off-shop Flannies... your call :D

Cheers.

Theo

NAGG
20-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Well... I have a mate who has trolled up Barra in the Endeavour River in Cooktown on a Thong (feet thong!) so anythings possible mate! Great laugh... put them Toohey's away for awile now ok?!?!?!

I tell you what... If you can honestly, with pictures, catch fish with that I will get you drinks when your up this way next. That or a a few off-shop Flannies... your call :D

Cheers.

Theo

Theo .... once I'm up in Brissy , I'll take you up on that;D

Chris

nipsta
20-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Paulo ...... I wish I could - but I'm too busy saving for the big Nov trip ( 3 weeks of IBD therapy)
Mind you ..... every time I think about going up - i'm slugged with something stupid like car rego , Insurance , smash repair after some inconsiderate bugger ran into me in a car park ..... & did the runner>:( ......... you know , these things!!!!:'(

Nagg
when in november are you heading up naggs we will be there ffromthe 8th till the 16th so if ya there make sure you look for us tropicaltrout and whitto as well we are near the top camp kitchen on the powered sites

NAGG
20-07-2008, 09:02 PM
when in november are you heading up naggs we will be there ffromthe 8th till the 16th so if ya there make sure you look for us tropicaltrout and whitto as well we are near the top camp kitchen on the powered sites

PM sent ...... I'll be there that weekend8-) 8-) So It will be great to share a beer or 2,3,4,5, with you, Whitto & TT

cheers

Chris

BR65
21-07-2008, 06:38 PM
PM sent ...... I'll be there that weekend8-) 8-) So It will be great to share a beer or 2,3,4,5, with you, Whitto & TT

cheers

Chris

Id steer clear of that mob mate if I was you, they place way way to much emphasis on fishin, sitting around camp fires and generally being socialable with others ;)

nipsta
21-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Id steer clear of that mob mate if I was you, they place way way to much emphasis on fishin, sitting around camp fires and generally being socialable with others ;)

yeah and we lov it to bring on the hot weather, camp oven cooking , big sliver things jumping , lures twicthing , bulls*^% walking
nothing come close
i gather we will be graced with your presence brian for the long run look forward to getting some more footage of everyone so the fid show a few others of this time :P

Tropicaltrout
21-07-2008, 07:14 PM

There to fish mate, not socialise:D

Will be there Naggs will be nice to meet you, I will have my family up but will be fishin pretty hard, and as night falls the social side comes out of us all;D

Anyhow it will be great to meet more keen Ausfisher as always. I hope we all have a great summer filled with leaping barra.

Cheers Nath

BR65
21-07-2008, 07:17 PM
gday simon, yup, should be able to squeeze a trip into my busy social schedule lol
I will warn the missus now, should be able to get a leave pass for the weekend

BR65
21-07-2008, 07:18 PM

Will be there Naggs will be nice to meet you, I will have my family up but will be fishin pretty hard, and as night falls the social side comes out of us all;D

Anyhow it will be great to meet more keen Ausfisher as always. I hope we all have a great summer filled with leaping barra.

Cheers Nath

hey nath, ooops, didnt mean to get the priorities mixed up mate;D

NAGG
21-07-2008, 07:38 PM

Cheers Nath

:o What ...... You dont fish at night ???

Yeh Nath ..... looking forward to meeting you all ...... & talking B*** Ship

Chris

breamnut
21-07-2008, 07:55 PM
nagg i will take 10! hahaah im goin to awonga later this year with the legend jonny mitchell and i will try get him to catch a fish on 1 hahaha

nipsta
21-07-2008, 08:02 PM
gday simon, yup, should be able to squeeze a trip into my busy social schedule lol
I will warn the missus now, should be able to get a leave pass for the weekend

no worrys brian look forward to caching up again we will be theer all week hanging for a fish havent been able to latey the back is still causing drama s but i should be ok be then the doc reckons so well will see

breamnut
21-07-2008, 08:06 PM
the funny thing is ,is that it will probebly atually work! seriously to u barra guys i envy u if u can try make one of these ahhhh ''lures'':P and get a fish on it

NAGG
21-07-2008, 08:20 PM
nagg i will take 10! hahaah im goin to awonga later this year with the legend jonny mitchell and i will try get him to catch a fish on 1 hahaha

Sounds good ....... This is what IBD does to people;)

Nagg

breamnut
21-07-2008, 08:32 PM
knowing jonny he will probebly get one on it to.
it was gold bombers then bf 52's, then slick rigs in drop bear then slick rigs in evil minnow not tryin to get u exited nagg but i think ur into the next big thing! lol can i be your sales rep???

Tropicaltrout
22-07-2008, 06:56 PM
:o What ...... You dont fish at night ???

Yeh Nath ..... looking forward to meeting you all ...... & talking B*** Ship

Chris

Yep with the Family mate got to keep it fair I will put a few serious sessions in but keeping it pretty relaxed but usaully up at 4am and in by 9pm. Just all depends on how much fun I am having;D

you got it Brian priorities. hey also those led light just go on Ebay and type in LED Strip lights they should come up they come in different lengths too. I would reccomend them for sure.

Cheers Nath

BR65
22-07-2008, 09:29 PM
cheers nath, Ive just spent the last hour or so over a couple of beers geeing up my regular barra fishin partner in crime on the virtues of a changed schedule re fishin times this summer, a little more nite work in the sticks sounds the goods to me, beat the heat, beat the crowds

NAGG
23-07-2008, 06:24 PM
cheers nath, Ive just spent the last hour or so over a couple of beers geeing up my regular barra fishin partner in crime on the virtues of a changed schedule re fishin times this summer, a little more nite work in the sticks sounds the goods to me, beat the heat, beat the crowds

Brian ..... How do you go with those bugs after dark :-/ Last Oct is was like driving back through a snow storm:( ........ & when you turn on a spotlight , you could have used the footage in SWARM!
I'm going up there next time with a pair of safety goggles ..... or maybe one of those Yank full face masks ........ certainly beats a mouthful of bugs & driving with your eyes closed::)

Chris

BR65
23-07-2008, 06:30 PM
Brian ..... How do you go with those bugs after dark :-/ Last Oct is was like driving back through a snow storm:( ........ & when you turn on a spotlight , you could have used the footage in SWARM!
I'm going up there next time with a pair of safety goggles ..... or maybe one of those Yank full face masks ........ certainly beats a mouthful of bugs & driving with your eyes closed::)

Chris
clear saftey glasses mate, looks a bit weird but saves the eyes, and I just try to keep the yap shut so I dont eat to many

NAGG
23-07-2008, 06:34 PM
clear saftey glasses mate, looks a bit weird but saves the eyes, and I just try to keep the yap shut so I dont eat to many

http://image.basspro.com/images/images2/800-000/868-980-73.jpg
What do ya reckon Brian ?

Plus it will improve my appearance;D

Chris

BR65
23-07-2008, 06:44 PM
;D ;D funny ;D ;D

Whitto
23-07-2008, 06:47 PM
http://image.basspro.com/images/images2/800-000/868-980-73.jpg
What do ya reckon Brian ?

Plus it will improve my appearance;D

Chris The face mask is a must Chris IMHO.....It's a Darth Vader Helmet and mask complete with voice altering actuator....very handy when there are a few boats hanging about....I just stoke it up and say something like.....IAM YOUR FATHER LUKE STARWALKER...PREPARE TO DIE.......and the boats tend to move off slowly but surely.........Bug protecting the is not a better helmut.......Cheers Whitto::)

NAGG
23-07-2008, 06:48 PM
;D ;D funny ;D ;D

I'll get DC to get me one when he goes to the US next :P

Chris

NAGG
23-07-2008, 06:52 PM
The face mask is a must Chris IMHO.....It's a Darth Vader Helmet and mask complete with voice altering actuator....very handy when there are a few boats hanging about....I just stoke it up and say something like.....IAM YOUR FATHER LUKE STARWALKER...PREPARE TO DIE.......and the boats tend to move off slowly but surely.........Bug protecting the is not a better helmut.......Cheers Whitto::)

My young bloke has one of those Darth Vader helmets ...... but the back blows off once you accelerate:(

Chris

I actually think the mask is a cracker ....... gotta get one !

Tropicaltrout
23-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Trouble is mate those creepy bugs up the back of the dam at night might get frisky with a head like that on Chris.

Night time stuff is a mouth closed time. no wonder the fish are growing up so big throgh the day they just swim around gouge themselves on the massive amount of bait there is and at night the boof the trees for a bit of bug suppa.

Its a great time to fish its amazing how super sensitive your hearing gets.

Nath

NAGG
23-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Trouble is mate those creepy bugs up the back of the dam at night might get frisky with a head like that on Chris.

Night time stuff is a mouth closed time. no wonder the fish are growing up so big throgh the day they just swim around gouge themselves on the massive amount of bait there is and at night the boof the trees for a bit of bug suppa.

Its a great time to fish its amazing how super sensitive your hearing gets.

Nath

We had a night session at faust once ( clear & calm) ......... talk about wired into the environment ........ goose bump stuff:P

chris

rc@hinze
26-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Hey Chris, I been away for awhile and not on the site much. I have just come across you TMNT lure - best laugh I've have had day.

My son is now worried that I will be raiding his toy box to make lures! - you have to much time on your hands mate. Thanks for the good laugh.

NAGG
27-07-2008, 09:07 AM
Hey Chris, I been away for awhile and not on the site much. I have just come across you TMNT lure - best laugh I've have had day.

My son is now worried that I will be raiding his toy box to make lures! - you have to much time on your hands mate. Thanks for the good laugh.

What laugh !....... This is a serious barra lure::)
I'm just having problem with the wording of the "Child warning" & disclaimer on the back of the pack!;)

Thanks for the comments though!

Chris

Whitto
27-07-2008, 11:41 AM
I'll get DC to get me one when he goes to the US next :P

Chris$59.95 US $61.00 AU....I actually had alook...u can also get a clear lens for night travel.....this is not as silly as it seems....the trouble with this is u blokes will laugh at me...He He He...The pain and comfort level will be non existant cause I've got a pretty big melon...Hhhmmmm thinking thinking...who knows....Whitto;D

NAGG
27-07-2008, 09:49 PM
$59.95 US $61.00 AU....I actually had alook...u can also get a clear lens for night travel.....this is not as silly as it seems....the trouble with this is u blokes will laugh at me...He He He...The pain and comfort level will be non existant cause I've got a pretty big melon...Hhhmmmm thinking thinking...who knows....Whitto;D

No its not silly ...... specially after eating bugs on a previous trip ...... + having a sore eye for a couple of days after I kept an eye on one:(

Chris

Steve B
28-07-2008, 02:30 PM
What laugh !....... This is a serious barra lure::)
I'm just having problem with the wording of the "Child warning" & disclaimer on the back of the pack!;)

Thanks for the comments though!

Chris

Chris,

Do you mind of I use you TMNT lure in my latest book. its coming soon "lets do it froggy style" in good book stores soon.

Steve

Whitto
28-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Chris,

Do you mind of I use you TMNT lure in my latest book. its coming soon "lets do it froggy style" in good book stores soon.

Steve Thank God we weren't talking about Rin Tin Tin or even Lassie at the time Steve... a Lassie Lure....You would have to make a slight change to the title of you book...wouldn't take much to edit......Cheers ;D

Obi _ Wan
28-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Geez Whitto, I reckon a Lassie Lure would be a bloody ripper!

Mate it would "Always Come Home" and hopefully with a barra or three attached.

And, Steve, the book title would be easy to edit, you would only have to remove two letters and insert one.

Cheers,
John.

NAGG
28-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Chris,

Steve

Not a drama Steve ...... I'll give you the account number to forward the royalties:P
Chris

NAGG
28-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Geez Whitto, I reckon a Lassie Lure would be a bloody ripper!

Mate it would "Always Come Home" and hopefully with a barra or three attached.

And, Steve, the book title would be easy to edit, you would only have to remove two letters and insert one.

Cheers,
John.

Its a dog of a lure that doesn't swim properly ..........;)

Could be OK for Bull Sharks ...... in canals;D

Chris

Obi _ Wan
28-07-2008, 08:57 PM
At least you would not have to worry about catfish ;D

Cheers,
John.

NAGG
28-07-2008, 09:01 PM
At least you would not have to worry about catfish ;D

Cheers,
John.