PDA

View Full Version : Mako and a Snapper Bag out as Tweed turns it on!!

business class
15-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Hi Guys, Conditions were perfect so got on the blower to the old fellar and a mate, got them all excited then left work early to hit the Tweed. With the new sounder (Furuno 585 and the 1kw Tranny) on board it made finding these suckers alot easier as when we got near the spot the sounder was full of fish. With everyone excited and the old boy putting the anchor down the soft plastics went straight over, before they hit the ground Bang! double hook up and we were on. up come 2 nice size 2kg ish snapper. With little current and the burley starting to do its job the fish were going crazy. The night (comp) began. about half an hour into it i had my 10 dad had 2 and my mate had 2. I was the only one pulling my weight::) . Soon as i opened my mouth to give it to the old boy the rod screemed, i knew it, it always happens about 5mins later up comes a nice 4kg knob. (he now has the biggest):'( more fish start coming aboard then his rod screems off again and so does my mates, with me just sitting not gettin a bite i grab the net as Joeys fish comes up at around 4kg, nice snapper. now i am behind. Dads then asks for the net as i am doing nothing,::) as the snapper of the night so far comes in the boat at around the 5kg. Soon as dad throws his bait over agin bang he is on to a nice fish (again) about 10 mins later up comes a nice jewie about 10kg. We land a couple more snapper before me and the old fellar then see a large shadow in the water. Bloody shark. Get out the big gear he says and on goes the wire, 1 sec as it hits the water, bang we are on. only taking about 5 mins, up comes about a 6 foot mako and in goes the gaff and the bommie knocker goes flying before it carries on. The shark barrel went 17.6 kg for the barrel. (nice shark and nice eating) The night was a great success as we get 30 snapper, 1 jew, 1 Mako and about a dosen or so empty Rumbo's;D . Dad wins with the biggest fish:o and i win the most caught;D but don't worry big fellar next time i got you covered;) . So far it Would have to be the best winter we have ever seen and i hope it keeps it up. Hope use like the Photo's fellers

Cheers
Matty

dayoo
15-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Good report matty. As a fisherman it would be nice to live in NSW and be able to catch 10 snapper per person. Wouldn't have to go fishing so often to get a decent feed for the family and relies. Caught our bag limit yesterday of 5 per person on "Alexander". Snapper are thick everywhere at the moment coming up to the full moon.

Cheers
Barry

Heath
15-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Matt,
The old fellas ALWAYS get their own back! Trust me!

Great haul boys.
Is your tranny punching through the hull or a skimmer on the back?

business class
16-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Matt,
The old fellas ALWAYS get their own back! Trust me!

Great haul boys.
Is your tranny punching through the hull or a skimmer on the back?

Thanks fellars,

We have just used a transome mount 1 KW and placed it on our centre hull underneath where the air escape holes are. it works awesome hey.

Cheers Matty

Local_Guy
16-07-2008, 11:39 AM
great read there BC...... sounds like you had a cracker of a night....

got any pics of that toothy critter you caught.

business class
16-07-2008, 01:08 PM
great read there BC...... sounds like you had a cracker of a night....

got any pics of that toothy critter you caught.

We did't have the camera on board so we only had it of the barrel. We beheaded it straight away also with the fins gone. But i tell ya those buggers have some mean looking teeth on em.

Cheers
Matty

bundylundy
17-07-2008, 05:06 PM
What sort of bait did you use to catch those round black and yellow fish. ;D
Excellent looking catch, you got to be happy with that.

Jeff.

Vindicator
17-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Glad someone cleared it up for me. Here I was reading it and thinking I hope you didn't keep all of them. Didn't take any notice that you were in NSW. Nice catch, hope YOU didn't have to fillet them all.

Cheers
Kezza

ffejsmada
17-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Good haul Matty well done mate.

Pity you didn't get a photo of the Mako,

also ....what is that fish in the second photo, on the left hand side, middle of pic???

Cheers, Jeff.