PDA

View Full Version : Gold coast help

woody74
14-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Hey there peoples, A mate of mine who would'nt know a fishing rod from a golf club wants to try out fishing, and asked me to take him to the coast for a try. Now my question is to you, where the bloody hell do I take him to catch some fish so I Dont end up looking like a royal prat who dosent know what he's talking about. We will be landbased, I have a couple of 4 to 7kg rods that we can use, so I was thinking about having a crack at some sp's, so me mate wont get bored just soaking a bait, {we will soak some bait as well} Any help will spots would be great, not your spot x or anything just some places you can catch a feed. So please help a fishing brother out. CHEERS woody

dreemon
19-07-2008, 09:13 AM
Woody, probly try under any of the bridges , theres usually something in there but allways seem to get snagged aswell, I think it's because of all the shopping trollies that grannys have a kick out of pushing em over the edge :D

Braddles
20-07-2008, 12:19 PM
I think your lack of responses are due to the fact that it pretty much has to be a golden spot x to consistantly get decent fish from the broad water, especially land based these days... I am confident in saying I wouldnt have a single spot (secret or not) that I could go land based, where I could be certain on catching a decent fish... Sad but true... Under sundale bridge is always a good shot, hour each side of tide.... main beach side. early morning - dawn when tide at peak and fish hour either side... good luck.

woody74
22-07-2008, 08:39 PM
CHEERS for the replies fellas, will have to put some footwork in and just find some places for ourselfs.