PDA

View Full Version : Close reefs of mooloolaba

indy
14-07-2008, 03:58 PM
G'day

Have been doing a fair bit of fishing in the shallower reefs out of point cartwright around the five mile and twelve mile of late and have been having pretty good results numbers wise but not a great deal in the quality department.

The last trip out before this one had noticed the snapper had started to get a bit bigger so thought we would head out again around the same area and try our luck. This trip i had on board Jamie, klingy and poly with klingy and poly being there first overnighter out on the reef.

On motoring out to our first mark about half way along i noticed a nice little bump on the sounder with a show of fish on it in the middle of no where. So we turned around and had a slow motor over it seeing that there was plenty of bait on it so the boys dropped the herring jigs down for some livies while jamie and i dropped pillies to see if anything was lurking around a bit bigger straight away i landed a nice sweetie and the guy's jigs where loading up with heaps of little reefy's. We decided to have a anchor here and see what would happen. No sooner had we anchored and jamies floater gets nailed by a nice snapper going 5.5kg very nice fish but after this not much else about.

We fished here until sun down and proceded to the twelve mile which resulted in a few pearlies and moses perch and other little bits and pieces. We decided to have a camp out here until 4 am and then hit the same spot jamie got his nice snapper for sun up. We anchored up with high hopes of a good morning bit and with a bit of burley deployed it wasn't long until the floaters where getting nailed buy quality snapper best going 6.5kg. We also caught so many mother in law fish here it was getting rediculous keeping a few to give to the neighbours.

Great session good to see the snapps have moved in

cheers pete...

Greg P
14-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Nice cheap trip with quality fish Pete

No point driving over them now !!!

Skusto
14-07-2008, 04:49 PM
very nice catch nice snapper ,just wondering where you leave your car overnight

kind_cir
14-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Yep, ya gota love this time of year. Have been doing quite well of late myself around the outer Gneerings, ad the bonus is the fuel bill not as steep. Last trip only saw 1 squire, but ended up with some real nice parrot and sweet lippers, as well as a good 5kg estaury cod. Dam thing nearly ripped me mates arms off, teach the bastard right for not paying attention while being a smartass to me while I had a small tangle.

DEANO68
14-07-2008, 05:27 PM
good work pete, nice feed there, we ventured out thurs nite on an ok forecast
and copped good 15kt plus n.n.w......yuk,yuk and no fish mabe wed nite this week..cheers deano.

revs57
14-07-2008, 05:36 PM
There's some ugly lookin heads with bumps on 'em in that group shot Pete!!!

Good to see some quality around

Cheers

Rhys

cobiaman
14-07-2008, 05:45 PM
nice bag mate, well done

backlash08
14-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Pete - thanks for the report, good to see the efforts in close paying off, you sure need to work harder compared to the banks but it can pay off
cheers - Craig

aerordauto
14-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Hello Indy, A Great Catch There And Good To See They R In Close At The Moment.
Cheers Mark.

skipalong
14-07-2008, 06:32 PM
top quality fish mate

MeePee_99
14-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Nice Work!!!!!!!!

Mexikan
14-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Nice going Indy!
Is that Murphy's Reef your talking about off Pt Cartwright?
Mex

indy
14-07-2008, 06:44 PM
SKUSTSO

I leave my car at harbour pde boat ramp kawana side have left it there quiet a few times and have never had any problems. Have never seen any smashed glass at the parking facilates and never heard of anyone having any trouble there. Was that you coming in yesterday arvo around 1 o'clock when we where leaving?

cheers pete...

indy
14-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Yeah mex that is correct

Vindicator
14-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Some nice snaps there Pete, even better when you don't have to drive far to get them. Well done.

Cheers
Kezza

JayT
14-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Hey Indy,
Very nice mixed bag there bud!!
Heading out round the 12mile wed/thur onite, looking the goods!
The last couple of trips I have found that big pike cut in half on the floaters have been drumming up the biggins!
Good report mate, hopefully have one of my own thurs.
Cheers Thorpy

trueblue
14-07-2008, 07:11 PM
nice feed of fish there, beats driving miles and miles offshore to get them

cheers

Mick

work2fish
15-07-2008, 09:28 AM
Nice session there
a few kgs fillets

W2F

Frank OO
15-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Hi Indy,

We must be going out too far. Well done mate.

Frank OO