PDA

View Full Version : North Pine Dam kayaks

Little grey men
14-07-2008, 02:09 PM
I put this one on the Sweetwater Fishing site as well.
Has anyone noticed the kayaks getting about on North Pine Dam lately ?
I've noticed a few groups usually early morning starting at McGavins and heading west.
From my understanding the place is closed to watercraft. I even look around nervously for the ranger before swimming in after lures.
Anybody else seen them ?

Obi _ Wan
14-07-2008, 06:44 PM
G'Day LGM,

Are these people fishing??? or do they have means to fish with them on the Yaks?

I believe that they should not be there, however i could be wrong.

Cheers,
John.

BR65
14-07-2008, 07:41 PM
from the seq website, though I think they are a bit out of date re the boat permits for fishing, thought that was on hold due to low water levels??:-/

Lake Samsonvale (North Pine Dam) is the smallest of our three lakes, and enjoys increasing popularity as a rural/urban lakeside park, in a relatively quiet natural setting.

Sailing, rowing and canoeing are permitted on the lake through membership of the Lake Samsonvale Water Sports Association.

In addition, an area on the foreshore of Lake Samsonvale accessed via Adsett’s Road, Whiteside, has recently been leased to the Pine Rivers Fish Management Association on a trial basis. This area enables authorised persons to access the North Pine River arm of Lake Samsonvale for fishing from manually or electrically powered boats, through a permit scheme managed by the Association to raise funds for fish stocking.

cheers
brian

Luc
14-07-2008, 08:07 PM
At present, the only way to legally launch & paddle a craft is from the property of the Lake Samsonvale Water Sports Association and fishing is not an allowed activity from there.

The permit scheme from the Pine Rivers FMA is on hold until water level gets to 50%.

Launching from anywhere else is, as far as I'm aware, not allowed.

Luc

Little grey men
15-07-2008, 08:31 AM
Not sure if these people are fishing, they paddle pretty close to the opposite bank and it's too far to tell if they have any gear with them.

shayned
17-07-2008, 10:40 AM
This is probably wrong to say, but I wish it was me.

jim_bream
17-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Hahahahahahaaaaa- guess who just got a kayak (last weekend)?

I'll be the first (legal) one on the water THE MOMENT the level cracks the 50% mark. I've seen the pamphlets in Anaconda outlining the conditions to apply for a non-powered vessel permit for the NPD.
I'll get my back on thos wily ol' bass yet!!
In the meantime I'll just have to make do with the bass in Big W (hopefully heading up there this w/e).
Tight lines
Jimbo Yakk-o

Little grey men
21-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Little while before it reaches 50% Jimbo..... When it does I sure wouldn't mind hitting the bass from the water. That would be some serious fun.
Although I don't have a kayak so I'd have to sit on the back of yours mate and we could troll the dam. if you paddled fast enough.

jim_bream
31-07-2008, 09:04 AM
Paddle fast enough... he he he, can o baked beans does the job mate, not a jetboat but a jet-yak.. har har