PDA

View Full Version : Barwon Banks 13/07/08

aerordauto
13-07-2008, 09:55 PM
We Left M/bar Boat Ramp And Headed For The Banks.
A Rough Trip All The Way Out, Coming Bank Was Ok.
We Fished Hard And Tried The Shallows And The Deep.
We Managed To Catch A Small Mack/tuna And I Put This Down As Alive Bait, Not Long After The Ratchet Screemed And After About A Ten Minute Battle I Landed A 15kg Amberjack.
A Tough Battle In 90meters Of Water.
Fishing Was Slow After That, We Tried IN CLOSE And Landed A Few Squire, But Overall Still Good To Get Out There.
Cheers Mark.

reel scream
13-07-2008, 11:02 PM
Sounds like a pretty hard trip for one ambo mate....thats fishing though hey. Would be a bit of a back ache out of 90 though. First bad report from up there at the moment.... What time where you fishing?

Cheers Scott

skipalong
14-07-2008, 11:17 AM
nice looking ambo

aerordauto
14-07-2008, 06:21 PM
hello reel screem, yeh a few boats where out there that did not get a legal fish.
i hear in close is the go.
we where out there from 7.30am to 7.30pm
cheers mark

Vindicator
14-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Sounds like a pretty hard trip for one ambo mate....thats fishing though hey. Would be a bit of a back ache out of 90 though. First bad report from up there at the moment.... What time where you fishing?

Cheers Scott

Just ask scott where to fish, he'll show you a spot that is guaranteed to get fish, cobes are his specialty.:grin: :grin: :grin:

Sorry scott we said we wouldn't give you a hard time, but just one dig.

reel scream
14-07-2008, 09:37 PM
:'( :'( :'( :'( . Thanks Kezza. Had just put today out of my mind for thirty seconds!!! At least Grant got a PB snap.

Cheers Scott

hookinin
14-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Hey Mark sounds like a hard days fishing but its still better than what i was doing. All work no fishing last week but hope i can get a fish in this week. What end of the banks did you fish.
Cheers Gaven

wadeo
15-07-2008, 09:33 AM
hmm it was a struggle for you guys on saturday by the looks. weather conditions ie wind and tide going against each other was hard but still fishable. 15 fish pulled us up.best fish 4kg snapper.We had heaps of tangles and i lost lots of gear to the bottom. Good Aj none the less well done mark. did the aj have worms in the flesh when you filleted it? One pete kept a month ago did. It was spectacular too see the whales for the first time this year as well.
regards wadeo8-)

aerordauto
15-07-2008, 05:35 PM
Yeh Gavin Tough Going This W/end Should Be Much Better, We Where At Lower End Of Banks.

aerordauto
15-07-2008, 05:39 PM
G/day Wade, No The A/j Had No Worms In It,
Brian Used It For Thai Fish Cakes, He Says He Has A Good Recipe.
I Tried A Bit In Curry But It Was Just Edible.
Mate Full Moon What R U Up To.

cptpott
15-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Hey Mark Surprised the AJ didn't go well in the curry. Mind you I've never caught one that big.
Scotty, I'm hoping to head out wide from Wed evening, any suggestions? Ie Deep Tempest or hutchies?
I'm also trying to get my ducks in line for the weekend from Bribie
Cheers
Craig

TimiBoy
16-07-2008, 05:50 AM
A question:

Would it be fair to say that when the tides are really moving, there is likely to be a decent current in deeper water (say the Banks, off Moreton and so on) and it is more likely fish will be feeding in close where there is not as much current?

If this is generally so, one would only fish "way out" during poor tides or around high/low tide?

We've had more success in deep water (say 50 metres plus) when the Angler's Almanac says "don't go fishing", and the common link is a lack of current.

Is this a fair observation, or a crock? Trying to learn something here...;D

Cheers,

Tim

cptpott
16-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Mmm interesting point Tim.
Mind you when the tides are big I haven't found anywhere in close where they aren't hooting along. Curtain reef is a shocker! Top and bottom of the tides seems the best bite time.
It does get pretty confusing when on one hand the old addage says "no run no fun" but conversely there's no fun if you cant get a bait to where the fish are.

Cheers

Craig

Frank OO
16-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Hi Tim,

I understand all the logic behind the almanac, the moon, the tide, etc. I just go fishing whenever I can. Sometimes when everything says don't go fishing, I catch the most fish. I even have a watch that tells me the prime times to fish.

When the current is running I stick in close or go to wide Caloundra. When the current is slack I stick in close or go to wide Caloundra.

One day I will get a fish at Deep Tempest or the Hards but until then I will continue to fish whenever I can.

I know that this doesn't help you much but I have found that you just can't predict when the fish will bite.

There are plenty of fish out there at the moment but as you have seen from this post. They are just not biting.

Good Ambo by the way aerordauto (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/member.php?u=45998)

Frank OO