PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming of fishing

Dug
13-07-2008, 09:08 PM
I woke from a rather disturbing dream when the alarm went off earlier this week.

I was standing on the beach dog fishing, apparently ( in the dream anyway) dog fishing involves a fishing rod, fishing line (strong) a tennis ball and a bunch of fish hooks.

You attach the hooks to the tennis ball and cast it up the beach so it is chased by a dog, once the dog is hooked you can reel it in and dispatch it. In the dream I had just caught a legal sized poodle.

I was concerned about the dream because I was using a pink fishing rod.

Do you think I should worry about dreaming of using a pink fishing rod ?;D

Cammy
13-07-2008, 09:25 PM
hmmmm........ OK then, What are you Smoking. lol that is very weird.

Cammy

Dug
13-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Sadly I cannot smoke anything. Nor ingest mind altering chemicals. This is the stuff that goes on in my head when I am straight and "Normal" :'(

Cammy
13-07-2008, 09:48 PM
lol, Alwell looks like your a weirdo :P:).

Cammy

Dug
13-07-2008, 09:56 PM
MMM That is what I thought :-)

Scott nthQld
14-07-2008, 09:22 AM
not only were you using a pink fishing rod, but you were excited about catching a poodle!! You don't work with any harmful chemicals perchance?

Very weird, you might need some fishing therapy 5 times a week for 6 months, if no change, we'll look at increasing that.

bennykenny
14-07-2008, 09:32 AM
whats got me worried is not the colour of the rod but that you were using a tennis ball and hooks, sounds a bit like a soft plastic to me!!! are you one of those boys are you???...............stinky bait rules!!!!!!!!!!!

choppa
14-07-2008, 09:51 AM
i gotta admit,,, i read this about 20 minutes ago,,,,, had tears in my eyes from laughing,,,, and i'm still chuckling,,,,,;D ;D

i've never heard of the concept before,,,, but i can see how it works,,,,, must add i had my share of throwing out an unweighted pilly to catch a seagull when i was younger!!!!!!!

choppa

Little grey men
14-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Catching poodles on a pink fishing rod.....hmmmmmm !!!! you so crazy :freak:
I have dreams like that after I eat too much pizza. I really look forward to it. I tell my wife all about them on our way to work, she just rolls her eyes a lot and says nothing.
I wonder what those people who interpret dreams would make of that one.

bobbyb
14-07-2008, 11:01 AM
go back to bed and try to get a great dane, he will give you and your little pink rod a work out........;D

the gecko
14-07-2008, 02:40 PM
Perhaps your subconcious is telling you to go fishing at Fidos?

Im definitley not gonna touch the long pink rod thingy tho.....I'll leave that for someone else...

Aunty Jack
14-07-2008, 03:31 PM
I'd only be worried if you were wearing
a yellow Hawaiin shirt and green scandles
when fishen with a pink rod or on a full moon .
na nothing wrong with you

Dick Pasfield
14-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Um apologies in advance.

singles or trebles and do you think the idea would work on cats?

dodgyone
14-07-2008, 11:07 PM
What do cats taste like Dick? Not lemon scented by any chance?

Dick Pasfield
14-07-2008, 11:51 PM
:D:D:D Dodgy, better watch my Ps and Qs with you on the job.;D

Not lemon scented by any chance?

yes very impressive, I had to test it. 8-)

Poodroo
15-07-2008, 06:56 AM
If I am strolling casually along the beach and I actually see some guy with a pink fishing rod trying to catch a dog then I will know that :-
A) You are a weirdo who needs a reality check to tell the difference between dreams and reality.
B) You decided as strange as the dream was you decided that it would be so much fun that you would give dog fishing a go.
C) I'm dreaming and how the hell did you get into my dream.....?::) :P

Poodroo

2manylures
15-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Sadly I cannot smoke anything. Nor ingest mind altering chemicals. This is the stuff that goes on in my head when I am straight and "Normal" :'(

AAAHHH, The stuff dreams are made of.

Dug if I worried about my dreams I wouldn't be able to type this reply.

There's many others in the same cloud!

wilcara
15-07-2008, 03:07 PM
My friend if that stuff is going on in your head when you are "normal" then you certainly are not in need of any other stimulation. In fact I think I would avoid it.

Also I would agree with the concern expressed by others in relation to poodles and pink fishing rods. Of course these might be perfectly acceptable in some places, but generally somewhat further south than in Queensland. Your concept might be adopted for a Sydney Mardi Gra perhaps?

I would not tell anybody else. Actually, I don't think I would even let myself sleep for a while.

choppa
15-07-2008, 03:29 PM
What do cats taste like Dick?

not going to touch this one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,think about it

choppa

Dug
23-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Um apologies in advance.

singles or trebles and do you think the idea would work on cats?

I have actually hooked a cat after leaving some bait on a hook and leaving it outside. The neighbours moggy had a lip piercing for a while. Lucky it was heavy line and I could remove the hook before they found out ;)

Dug
23-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by dodgyone
What do cats taste like Dick?

not going to touch this one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,think about it

choppa

Pussy ? ::)

the gecko
24-07-2008, 08:49 AM
No dug, I think choppa was on another track.
Put a comma after the word 'like'.
Then the correct response would be, 'how do you know?'

Took me a few days to work that one out.
You are a sicko choppa.....

This thread is getting really wierd.
Reality is an illusion caused by lack of drugs?

disorderly
24-07-2008, 09:17 AM
So Dug....what's the legal size for a poodle anyway?

And yes choppa...you are one sick puppy.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/wink.gifhttp://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/tongue.gif

RAT-KING
24-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Yeah its not that crazy ive caught whiting in my lounge room!!!
Jew fish at a cricket oval around the corner from my old house and also in the gutter of the road in a flood!!! Jst have fishing on the brain!!
Cheers Simon

mik01
24-07-2008, 08:53 PM
bugga the rod - I wanna know if you took some pics and then posted a report on Ausfish in your dream?????????

then we'd be asking you what size tennis ball, what hooks and did you catch and release or into the esky she goes?

thelump
25-07-2008, 08:10 AM
Did the poodle have a name tag on and if so was its name Quiche Lorraine?