PDA

View Full Version : a hard days fishing saturday 12 july

Skusto
13-07-2008, 06:55 PM
we decided since the night trip was off we would have a trip to deep tempest on saturday we had a tough trip like tims .left scarborough about 6am good going across bay going along top of island was choppy from the east as we rounded north point headed into 15 knots and more of sth east wind and a nasty sea thought about giving it a miss but danny said no so we punched out at 15 k an hour about half way out 40 ft boat was in trouble and waved ous over .the anchor rope had fouled his prop and he wanted us to go over to charter boat to help him which we did in the end a trawler came out and towed him in so now it was 9 an still no line in water .at 10 we had one nice squire about 50 cm the fish very hard to find by 3 pm 4 squire no bigger then 50 cm and a amberjack 3 kg we could only find them in 90 metre s plus of water . by this time i had enough of the wind which did not abate all day . but danny again wanted to get our bag limt so we stayed and bang they came on the bite about 4 pm and got our bag of 10 squire and 1 amber jack back out of the water by 7pm one long day but still glad we went we were impressed with how the boat performed in such bad conditions .....;D ;D :P ps could some one help with bait gounds off nth end of morten island

backlash08
13-07-2008, 07:04 PM
The barcrushers are a great thing! I had a 560C and was very happy with it.
thanks for the report - cheers - Craig

reel scream
13-07-2008, 09:43 PM
we had a tough trip like tims .

G'day Skusto. Like ims trip, have to admire your committment. PM sent RE bait marks.

Cheers Scott

Skusto
14-07-2008, 08:20 AM
hi reel scream thanks heaps for info and if i can help in any way just pm me ,
bevan

skipalong
14-07-2008, 11:18 AM
good onya mate