PDA

View Full Version : River to Mud Findings

webby
13-07-2008, 02:31 PM
;DBait Rules Again, Sorry to the Placcies

Best Fish Snapper 57cm Bait Rakinray;D
Runner Up Snapper 56cm Bait Rakin's Broo;)
Best Plastics Snapper 42cm Garreth from the River
Best River Fish Flathead 63cm Plastics Chief
Best Odd Fish other then Snaps/Bream Estuary Cod 56cm bait The Deckie
Best Bream 33cm Robersl Bait from Mud
Best Boat Robersl 10fish
Best U 17 Michael Presland (Hookuzup) 46cm snapper.

Great turn up people, although the wind did rise and fall, and the fish were hard to find, most enjoyed the night, i no cheech and chong charters did, they circumnavigated Mud 12 times.
Other then that the remainder enjoyed the night, with no frost bite this year.
The BBQ THANKS to Skip Jack was much appreciated.
Some facts from the Night.
The Lost Convoy of Ausfish Boats getting from the west to the east;D
Poodroo letting loose the winning snapper for plastics as he didnt think it was big enough:'(
Phil and the Deckies River haul
Webby big grinner
Preso's shark catching marathon and squid a thon.
cheech and chongs clam bake;D
Herm whimping out on a overnighter for a warm bed
The Dickie servered his Captain well:P
2dknb smokey arrival:-X
Finding Time is sueing the railways;D
The Plastic Boys fall in a heap8-)
The Tailor helps BFC sales in selling more Plastics:-X
Sid Fishes scores a 12mth supply of food
Mr Ausfish leaves everything at home:-X
Pinhead and Aigusto still scoreless on a bay snapper:-[
The horse mothership, looked more like a taxi rank during the night;D
Some monsterous plate boat took up half of the western corner::)
Added your own if you have some

The WINNER of the 12mth FREE MEMBERSHIP was won by Finding Time
He may need it the way he drives that CAT;D
regards

PS The winners of last year, I need them thar trophies back as they are perpetual ???????

PinHead
13-07-2008, 02:41 PM
;DBait Rules Again, Sorry to the Placcies

Best Fish Snapper 57cm Bait Rakinray;D
Runner Up Snapper 56cm Bait Rakin's Broo;)
Best Plastics Snapper 42cm Garreth from the River
Best River Fish Flathead 63cm Plastics Chief
Best Odd Fish other then Snaps/Bream Estuary Cod 56cm bait The Deckie
Best Bream 33cm Robersl Bait from Mud
Best Boat Robersl 10fish
Best U 17 Michael Presland (Hookuzup) 46cm snapper.

Great turn up people, although the wind did rise and fall, and the fish were hard to find, most enjoyed the night, i no cheech and chong charters did, they circumnavigated Mud 12 times.
Other then that the remainder enjoyed the night, with no frost bite this year.
The BBQ THANKS to Skip Jack was much appreciated.
Some facts from the Night.
The Lost Convoy of Ausfish Boats getting from the west to the east;D
Poodroo letting loose the winning snapper for plastics as he didnt think it was big enough:'(
Phil and the Deckies River haul
Webby big grinner
Preso's shark catching marathon and squid a thon.
cheech and chongs clam bake;D
Herm whimping out on a overnighter for a warm bed
The Dickie servered his Captain well:P
2dknb smokey arrival:-X
Finding Time is sueing the railways;D
The Plastic Boys fall in a heap8-)
The Tailor helps BFC sales in selling more Plastics:-X
Sid Fishes scores a 12mth supply of food
Mr Ausfish leaves everything at home:-X
Pinhead and Aigusto still scoreless on a bay snapper:-[
The horse mothership, looked more like a taxi rank during the night;D
Some monsterous plate boat took up half of the western corner::)
Added your own if you have some
regards

PS The winners of last year, I need them thar trophies back as they are perpetual ???????

I am getting closer to a legal one...got one at 32cm...may never catch a legal one but who cares..it was a great weekend...once again thanks for organising it..and for disappearing off into the dark.

Scalem
13-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Thanks again Webby for organising it, if the event gets much bigger you'll have to get a committee together, it's good you already have a helpful mob of blokes rallying around to support the R2M. It was good catching up, and getting on the water again.

As for my weekend, the best part turned out to be taking Friday off work to prepare, and taking Monday off to unpack;D ;D

But I'll be back next year!

Scalem

Aquarius
13-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Well another Ausfish RTM has been run and won.
Thanks to Webby and helpers for organising such a great yearly event.
Congrats to the winners .(have to say bait took most prizes)
Not much action on the plastics today but wait till next year the plastics boys will be back with avengence.
Cheers Brent

Lucky_Phill
13-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks Brian, for getting it up and running again.

Thanks to Herm and Bev for doning the aprons and cooking a great lunch.

Thanks to Skipjack for the food.

Thanks to thedeckie for letting me be ' deckie '...8-)

and to everyone else who provided prizes, sponsorship etc.

Now to the serious stuff..... Soft Plastics.... mmmmmmmm:-/

being a humble Bait Fisho, I was pleased with the results, considering around 75 members turned up at one stage or another to wet a line.

We ( Paul and myself ) fished various places around the river, but taking into consideration the brightness of the moon and the clarity of the water, some shadowy structure was needed to accommodate our piscatorial pursuits. :-X

( from a technical point of view and as it stood at the weigh in station);)

the results for " Team Deckie " ( Lucky_Phill and thedeckie ) was:-

Most fish per boat
Most Bream
Most Cod
Biggest Cod
3rd biggest Cod
Most species per boat
3rd biggest Bream
3rd biggest Flathead
5th biggest squire

To be fair Robersl bagged a great catch for a one man team... well done !!!

All fish were taken on stinky bait. Our team only managed to fish 10 out of the 24 hours allowed because of a late start by me and a need to sleep. :-/

I hereby reserve bragging rights over the SP ( soft... somethings ) guys until next year. ;D :P

The event, as stated on the day, is NOT a comp, it is simply a get together ( M & G ) for Ausfish members, organised by Ausfish members. On that note was good to catch up with many old faces, a couple of new, to have a fish and chat.

Hope every one enjoyed the day as much I did...

pics below are:-

Pauls Cod !!

The Cooks

gathering

The carpark

Cheers Phill

chief
13-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Cheers everyone for a great event,Cheers

Steven78
13-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Thanks webby and his many helpers :) It was good to put the names with the faces. Until next time cya
Steve

rakinray
13-07-2008, 05:13 PM
G/ day all just want to say thanks to everyone for attending and to all that helped in some way. A special thanks must go to Webby ;) for his efforts. Myself and brother Gary had a great time (as usual) and got some nice fish along with the normal run of sharks,stingrays and Vermin ! Pretty sure the Rubbermen will bounce back next year and take the title back ! :o Always good to catch up with our fellow Ausfishos new and old. Didnt get any pics due to my camera battery dropping dead >:( Hope to see everyone again next year.

CHEERS RAY and GARY (brother).

Crestcutter
13-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Yeah i'm glad i made the journey from Russell Island by water.Absolute glassout on the way home and really topped a great weekend in the little green boat. (Imissed my Haines)Thanks to Webby and all concerened that organised this event.

Cya's next year.....

Darryl.

bluefin59
13-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks for organising this event me and my deckie had a fairly uneventful night ,didn't think the placcie fishing would have been so fruitless . We even resorted to bait around 11.00 pm till 4 am it was deffinately the night of a thousand casts we never left mud till 11.30 this morning just kept thinking it was going to happen soon . Never mind there is always next year for the placcies ,thanks to those that stopped to say hi ...matt

robersl
13-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Hi all
Glad to be able to put names to faces some photo,s attached of the day including 1 of the bird that kept coming in over my head all weekend.
thanks to all the organisers for a good weekend all though i ended the trip by myself i started the trip with chubby in tow but due to a wedding today he went home sahttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w2/ncisabbylover/shanescrap002.jpgt night with a feed of tailor that we caught during the afternoon
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w2/ncisabbylover/shanescrap011.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w2/ncisabbylover/shanescrap004.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w2/ncisabbylover/shanescrap008.jpg

Poodroo
13-07-2008, 06:56 PM
There was so much work to have to do to clean and unpack the boat I am almost thankful for not having fish to clean on this occasion. ::) Still kicking myself for assuming that everyone would surely do better than a 46cm pinkie which I chose to let go yesterday afternoon. I was amazed at the abundance of fish at one stage catching one on every cast but am more amazed at how small they all are. Where did all the big ones go this year? Oh well fish or no fish the event was a huge success and the true meaning of getting together with a top bunch of people was met. Thanks especially to Webby for getting it up and running, Lucky_Phill in his seemingly tireless efforts to assist, Steve Brown for his support, Herm (Janine) and Bev (Mrs. Touchy) for doing such a great job with the BBQ. Not an easy thing to do with such a big turnout so well done. Another year gone and another one will present itself next year so in advance Webby count me in and if it is legal it is in the esky next time. lol ;D

Cheers,

Poodroo

Chong
13-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Red rump, red sock, red beard, red red red I couldn’t find anything red or pink nor could Cheech (one):-[ Thanks to all for another great M&G top job and good to see all out and back safe8-) . Suppose will make the 600km round trip again next year with a trailer of bait, those fish had to be somewhere, just not at Mud.
Cheers,
Chong
PS Scallop had no effect at this stage, although my ears are glowing green ;D ;D

cbruh1
13-07-2008, 07:10 PM
I am getting closer to a legal one...got one at 32cm...may never catch a legal one but who cares..it was a great weekend...once again thanks for organising it..and for disappearing off into the dark.

Close but no cigar there Pinhead, I got a 34.99cm snap :( on a plastic too :( also Greg thats an awesome boat you got there.

Big thanks to all the Webby and all other organisers, it was a great chance to meet some new people and put names to faces.

My R2M wasn't as successful as I had planned with no keepers, but I atleast I caught some fish, on bait i got a dozen squire at 10-20cm, and on the darkside plastics I scored 2 squire 34.99cm, 28cm and also a flounder that was 25cm. (My first plastic squires ;D )

Thanks again and I look forward to meeting up with some of you again soon.

Looking forward to next yrs R2M already.

30691 30692 30693

30694 30695 30696

TheRealAndy
13-07-2008, 07:30 PM
I will definately be back next year, but I will have the big boat by then and will do a Mr_Bean and deck it out with a cafe heater!!

Cheers again to all the organisers, specially Webby for doing a great job in bringing it altogether!

Poodroo
13-07-2008, 07:49 PM
I will definately be back next year, but I will have the big boat by then and will do a Mr_Bean and deck it out with a cafe heater!!

Cheers again to all the organisers, specially Webby for doing a great job in bringing it altogether!

There was only a mild chill this year. Nothing like last year where I attended the gathering afterwards still wearing trendy ug boots, and three layers of clothing and still shivering. Took the next 24 hours to thaw. ::)

Poodroo

TheRealAndy
13-07-2008, 08:08 PM
There was only a mild chill this year. Nothing like last year where I attended the gathering afterwards still wearing trendy ug boots, and three layers of clothing and still shivering. Took the next 24 hours to thaw. ::)

Poodroo

Damn, and I was wearing 2 jumpers and my wet weather jacket, 2 beanies covered with the jumper hoodie and a pair of track pants and I was still cold. Was wishing I had a second pair of trackies. Only had pluggers, that may have been my downfall!

I read about it last year, but only had a sailing boat then, so did not participate.

finding_time
13-07-2008, 08:38 PM
WoooHooo!! Free membership for 12 months:D Can i swap that for RACQ membership! For all those that helped the boat did make it home on 3 wheels all be it very slowly!:-[ Great stuff webby , top event!

Ian

2DKnBJ
13-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Cheers to Webby and the rest of the crew that helped organise another top M&G.
Although the fish were not about in great numbers was still a top time on the water(sure beats workin').
Hey Chong.
I found a couple of RED things before i even got to the ramp.The flames that were comming from my car and the red fire extinguisher i used to put them out.:o :'(
Who needs a stereo when Cheech & Chong Charters;D
Great to catch up with a few old faces and meet a few more.
Bring on next year and go the stinky bait boys.
Couple of pict to follow.

Cheers Dazza
http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t306/2DKnB/R2M/th_2008_0712Image0011.jpg

Firey start to the trip.
It's a jeep thing you wouldn't understand.
It's not a fault it's a feature.

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t306/2DKnB/R2M/th_2008_0712Image0012.jpg
http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t306/2DKnB/R2M/th_2008_0712Image0016.jpg
http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t306/2DKnB/R2M/th_2008_0712Image0015.jpg
http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t306/2DKnB/R2M/th_2008_0712Image0018.jpg

AnthonyL
13-07-2008, 11:22 PM
We braved the cold and rugged up well and went out to Mud, we didnt do any good in the fishing dept. The night was lovely and not as cold as we expected.

The trip back took longer than expected when our recent repaired thermostat(1st trip since repair)in motor overheated and it took us 4 long hours to get back.

Luckily it was such a nice night to take a slow ride and we got to say hi to some nice people.

Tangles
14-07-2008, 06:59 AM
Many thanks to Webby and Co for organising it, thanks to Greg for the invite and had a great time.

mike

Custaro
14-07-2008, 08:49 AM
Thanks to the R2M crew for all your efforts.

Big thanks to Dave (dogsbody) for a great deckie on the night and for all our bay an river sessions together. You're gonna be hard bloke to replace, so I won't. The trips might be a bit further apart thats all.

Clay

preso
14-07-2008, 09:09 AM
A big thanks to Webby and all for the orgnising of such a good fun M and G. We had a great time;D . Looking forwar to next year. The fishing was a bit tough, but weather and company was fantastic. I should have weighed in a couple of sharks(sharks are fish right?....)::)
Congrates to all winners and organisers.

Cheers John.

webby
14-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Need some good pics from the weekend, especially one of roberl and mrs touchy, plus other thanks
brian.webb1@optusnet.com.au

thedeckie
14-07-2008, 03:50 PM
A big thanks to Webby and the sponsors and all involved getting this event up and running.

After a late start and fairly slow on the fishing most of the night we actually ended up doing ok in the end. The fish were definitely hard to find, after trying a few spots we ended up back at spot x and out of the wind as it was starting to cool off a bit, a few hits of the Stone’s got us warmed a little.[/font]
Good to catch up with a few old faces from this site and met a few new ones as well, certainly no where near as cold as last year.

Thanks to my deckie Phil, job well done, although it was a toss up who was going to get out of the boat at 3am to put it on the trailer, neither of us were keen to take the uggie’s off.
There’s always next year which Im sure will be bigger and better.

PS: Webby, put me down for the stealth mission!!!! :-X

Cheers
Paul

dogsbody
14-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Thanks to the R2M crew for all your efforts.

Big thanks to Dave (dogsbody) for a great deckie on the night and for all our bay an river sessions together. You're gonna be hard bloke to replace, so I won't. The trips might be a bit further apart thats all.

Clay

No mate thank you. I enjoyed our fishing follies.
Take care on the drive up. Look forward to having a crack at some northern fish.

Big thanks to those that put on the bash. Congrats to those that caught fish.

Dave.

Rufus
14-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Hello to all,

Well another River to Mud completed and again very well organised and supported. Don't feel so bad Poodroo, I boated a 48cm Snapper, Saturday afternoon, and due to initial family committments and illness missed the weigh-in. :'(
Well done to all those who caught fish to weigh-in, a quiet weekend compared to last year. Like a lot of other fisho's small squire were abundant, but not much over 30cm. Maybe to cold for the bigger fish.

Webby, I have the Runners Up trophy, where would you like to delivered to?

Till the next trip,

Cheers Rufus

hookuzup
14-07-2008, 06:01 PM
it was a great day out thanks again brian. There was a lot of cleaning up on the boat but

moreton
14-07-2008, 07:31 PM
On behalf of VMR Victoria Point I would like to thank Brian Webb (Webby) and all the Ausfisher's that particapated in the "River to Mud" for their generosity of the donation from this event. VMR Victoria Point is always proud to be associated with Ausfish and it's members and wishes this alliance to be long lasting .
Your gift will help fuel our boats so we may save lives at sea.
We thank you all.
Regards Ian Priestley (Moreton)
Vice Commodore, VMR Victoria Point.

hookuzup
15-07-2008, 06:29 PM
Moreton 1 thing i know that $10 went to good cause im mean who know that $10 could save our lives one day

robersl
21-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Hi again all just a quick note i think it was a bit remiss of me to thank every body for the weekend bar 1 very important person Roz for making the great bream rod for the touchy meet and greet i believe this is the second time Roz has Supplied a prize for the Touchy Wood meet and greet and i am proud to of won it and will always be thinking of touchy when ever i use the rod even though i never met him personly i have read many threads over the years that featured him and i know he was a muched loved person.
So once again a big thank you to Roz for her sponsorship of the event and hope to one day meet you at a meet and greet and thank you personly

Shane