PDA

View Full Version : Boat Modifications

brute898
13-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Hi, I have a Quintrex 420 Esturay Angler. It has a tinnie type seat in the back, I am thinking about pulling it out and putting 2 pedestal seats, one on each side at the back and then I will also have some more room.
If I do this will it affect the boat in any way, does it have foam under the seat?
Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

skipalong
13-07-2008, 12:11 PM
mate all tinnys have under seat floatation and not sure if you will be able to take it out unless you move the floatation under the floor

brute898
13-07-2008, 12:39 PM
It does have foam under the floor

bushbeachboy
13-07-2008, 03:33 PM
You'll probably find that you'll need to put some extra bracing in the sides when you take out the thwart. Check with Quintrex about this, they should be willing to advise you. Is your hull still under warranty? If so, any mods you do to it might render it void. The seat will be filled with foam floatation, not sure how you could replace this, but it would be advisable to do so. Have you thought about fitting a couple of nice fat padded seats to the thwarts? There are a couple of different methods available to do this, and it would not affect your hull warranty or safety.
Cheers