PDA

View Full Version : volvo QL trim tabs

skipalong
13-07-2008, 09:34 AM
hey guys i am trying to chase up a set of the volvo QL trim tabs but cant find them anywhere,

my question to you fellas where would i find a dealer for them on the BRISBANE NORTHSIDE

cheers justin;D

Vitamin Sea
13-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Hi

Give Col at Fisher Boats a call

Regards

VS

Spaniard_King
13-07-2008, 01:38 PM
northside marine is a retailer

skipalong
14-07-2008, 06:48 PM
thanks for your help guys

scrubba01
15-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Got mine off Col at Fisher boats. They are fantastic and really do help the ride but if fitting them to a plate boat there is a bit of work involved.

skipalong
15-07-2008, 01:57 PM
scrubba01 hey mate what is involved in fitting them to a plate boat

scrubba01
15-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Need to weld compensating plates on the back for a bit of added strength and a mounting plate. Then weld pipes through the sealed stringers which give you the bouyance chambers down both sides of the boat, run the harness back up to the controll pannel. If welding on the boat will need to take out the fuel tank or fill it with inert gas. This is all assuming you have a fully sealed floor as do most plate boats. I had Col do mine as I have a Fisher and like to maintain the quality of work done on it. They are great things though quick to act and make a noticable difference and nothing hanging out the back to get caught on.

fishing111
15-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Jeez Scrubba, it's a bit more complicated than I thought it was going to be. I was thinking about getting some put on my boat, but stupid me thought it was as simple as welding on a couple of mounting plates and then feeding the wires up through a hole similar to my tranducer. I had no idea you had to pull out tanks and all the other stuff you mentioned.Think i'll hold off on it for a while now.

scrubba01
15-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Jeez Scrubba, it's a bit more complicated than I thought it was going to be. I was thinking about getting some put on my boat, but stupid me thought it was as simple as welding on a couple of mounting plates and then feeding the wires up through a hole similar to my tranducer. I had no idea you had to pull out tanks and all the other stuff you mentioned.Think i'll hold off on it for a while now.

Depends how your hull is set up but that is what was required for mine. But once you get them you will wonder what you ever did without them.

skipalong
15-07-2008, 04:13 PM
mate i will be getting a boat built and all the things you have just mentioned my boat builder has already told be he just needs one of the tabs to weld the right size plates on the back of the boat with tapped holes i will be fitting them and wiring but thats not much i have been told they are all plug connections.

cheers justin