PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanting to do the Cairns Marlin Season?

Smithy
12-07-2008, 05:44 PM
I am deckying on a boat up there for 11weeks. Anyone considering doing a charter up there get onto me and I will give you the details of the boat I am working on. You won't find much bigger as far as a liveaboard boat goes. Skipper, 2 deckies and a hostess fulltime.

anthony72
12-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Hi,
would love to know the rates etc and full details, I am keen to head to Cairns this year for a week.

-spiro-
13-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Smithy do you want me to look after your boat and charters? i except cash...lol

Smithy
13-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Chris,

only if you have a Coxswains ticket.

Anthony,

sending PM.

Smithy

reel scream
13-07-2008, 11:07 PM
Smihy details would be good. We (4 of us ) do a trophy trip each year. If its next year it might be a go (If minister is sedated)

Cheers Scott

Smithy
14-07-2008, 07:55 AM
Traditionally the Black Marlin season goes from September to December. September fishing can be hit and miss and at the mercy of the SE tradewinds. They usually start fishing Linden Bank out of Cairns, Yorkeys Knob and Port Douglas than work their way up to Cooktown and work out of Cooktown or Lizard Island for a few months on the Ribbon Reefs. If the bite switches back to Linden Bank they all charge back down there and work out of Cairns. The fish start to show up in reasonable numbers for the Lizard Island Tournament which is early October. The fishing can be action packed at any time but November can be better and with more of a chance of better weather but hotter and more humid obviously as you are in the tropics in the build up to the wet. Come late November/early December most of the boats are working out of Cairns. Linden Bank can fire and places like Jenny Louise which is out of Cairns.

PM sent.

bugman
14-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Rob,

And here I was thinking you were taking up the Mitsubishi and needed some crew. Oh well maybe next year;)

Brett

Smithy
14-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Yeha is taking the "Jetstar" Black Watch though! That is what the Big G (Greg Gilbert) from Townsville christened it last year. I will be on a Qantas First Class flight though.

Lancair
16-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Smithy, what boat are you on ?

A mate of mine has been doing the season up there for the last few years,but I dont recall what his boat is called. It is one of the bigger boats too, even the make of boat escapes me. He is on his way to Thailand today so cant ask him either.

Andrew

Smithy
17-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Personal message sent.

rat_catcher
17-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Personal Message sent.